Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Looks to me like what he really needed was to grow an extra hand. Because he is not a military person, saluting is not a, by nature, event. Both arms were full and he was being ceremoniously saluted. Also in the rules of military, he is the supreme commander of the armed forces. He isn't required to salute them, they are required to salute him. His actions are in complete consistency with normal procedures. Had he had a hand free then it might be considered rude (but only in the most minor of degrees) to not return it, but in this event that was not the case.

Folks with no knowledge of military procedures might feel that he should have returned it and under different conditions, I'm sure he would have, properly. However, he did salute them to the best of his ability with his hands full. He actually would have been better off to not salute at all.

That's interesting. I would have assumed he'd just naturally salute the Marines, but from what you said (and you've been in the military), it sounds like it's optional for the Commander In Chief to salute. I feel better now about the situation after reading your explanation.

Goofyernmost

That's interesting. I would have assumed he'd just naturally salute the Marines, but from what you said (and you've been in the military), it sounds like it's optional for the Commander In Chief to salute. I feel better now about the situation after reading your explanation.
It is usually returned, but, any officer above one's own rank must be saluted. They will usually return that salute, but, it isn't required. It is more of a show of respect for authority than it is mutual admiration. The marines shown are most likely enlisted NCO's and not officers, therefore are not directed to be shown that form of recognition. That is why it is such a big deal whenever an officer has actually saluted an enlisted man. (or woman)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
It's job depression meaning once I get a job that pays enough to live on my own...I'll be ok. During interviews, I am fine except I'm not one to get overly excited. Like today's interview I was actually happy to go and then possible 2nd interviews for a part time job. ***?

As I've referenced previously, I was in somewhat the same boat as you are now, back in 2001. Took me forever to get a job, and it really gets to you. I can empathize, and I was also dangerously close to the end of my unemployment benefits, which were barely enough to get by on. Panic started to set in after a while, and I wondered if anyone would ever hire me again. By the way, many others were going through the same hell. Eventually, someone did hire me. It happens. Whatever you do, don't lose heart. :)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
18,000 posed soldiers, photo was taken in July 1918 at Camp Dodge, Iowa, as part of a planned promotional campaign to sell war bonds during World War I

5d1c0965f00cd6dc2f716be371932ba3.jpg

That is incredible!!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
So did anyone hear of the Frozen lawsuit?
No...but I Googled it

You might have thought Walt Disney's "Frozen" was about an ice princess and a talking snowman ... but it's actually one woman's true-life story -- or so she's claiming in a new $250 MILLION lawsuit.

Isabella Tanikumi claims the movie is NOT based on the Hans Christian Andersen fairy tale, "The Snow Queen" ... but rather her 2010 autobiography -- about growing up in the Andean mountains of Peru.

Tanikumi claims Disney plagiarized and copied the story, characters, and plots from her book ... and turned it into "Frozen" -- the highest grossing animated flick of all time.

We took a quick look at her book ... nope, didn't see a talking snowman.

Our advice to her ... let it go.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/09/24/froze...right-plagiarism-autobiography/#ixzz3EHl6Osgu

PeterAlt

Friend, that is a lot of work for me. I'm here to have a bit of light fun. Having to parse someones post to figure out what is real and what is a joke or an exaggeration is a lot to ask.
I usually follow up and say when I am kidding. But I think I was just looking for excuses.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
It's job depression meaning once I get a job that pays enough to live on my own...I'll be ok. During interviews, I am fine except I'm not one to get overly excited. Like today's interview I was actually happy to go and then possible 2nd interviews for a part time job. ***?

Hunger Games = religion? I don't understand. I guess it's like calling Harry Potter a Christian novel.

Never heard of Captain Underpants though sounds racy o_O

Obama should have stayed in Illinois

The American people spoke twice, I can deal. I don't love him but I don't hate him either. Seen better seen worse.

donaldtoo

At Port Orleans Riverside they have the sit down restaurant called the Boatwright. Not my favorite restaurant by far but they have a real good Jambalaya, I believe theirs is served with rice though vs noodles which is more traditional.

Bonfamilles a former Table Service at Port Orleans Resort (now French Quarter) had this Jambalaya prior to the post 9/11 lengthy shut down of PO. When PO came back online the two resorts were merged. and one became the French Quarter and the other Riverside (prior Dixie Landings.) At this time only Boatwright remained and Bonfamilles was boarded up, literally. The seating area, booths, everything still remains intact inside that restaurant and the kitchen became a test kitchen for Disney Chefs. The Jambalaya Bonfamilles signature meal was moved over to the Boatwright.

I coulda' swore those two resorts had already merged and their names were changed when we were there in July of '01.
Then again, as per usual, I could be wrong, and, as per usual, it wouldn't be the first time... :confused:

Cesar R M

So did anyone hear of the Frozen lawsuit?
I did, very funny.
Specially the part of the lady claiming that frozen was taken from her AUTO BIOGRAPHY.
so.... that means the lady can shot winter blasts, create gigantic snowcastles with her bare hands and make living snowmans!

Next she will be sued by Marvel, because her life is directly plagiated from X-men's Bobby (iceman). :hilarious:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom