Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Hiatus time.

This is no longer fun, and I'm over some people barging in and taking over every thread I read often. I'm going to be using the awesome features that were built into this awesome forum,and making a mental note to upgrade my account to premium when I get a few paychecks from new job under my belt to show appreciation for all the hard work the mods do.

You know where to find me. Much love, y'all.

awww...you realize you will have like 1 million likes when you come back? Even with no new postings.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Wow!

While Hubby's partner M. has been off work, Hubby has made almost 50K for him. And happily so.
When M. left, he told Hubby to keep all the commission, or give it to me for working for him. At the time, Hubby told him that things don't work that way.

Anyway, M's wife dropped him off to the office for a little visit today, and he brought in a card for me. Inside was $1000 USD, for our upcoming trip. "Have dinner on me", the message read.

I feel a little teary eyed.

donaldtoo

:eek: Don't jump on me! I'm fragile. :happy:

bigcratelarge.jpg

donaldtoo

you know whats funny?
a lot of quakes in Mexico destroy newer buildings that supposedly are "up to date quake code".. yet the ancient cathedral in Mexico city.. as survived all the quakes relatively intact.
Even when it is pretty much sinking due of the unstable lake floor.

some older buildings are really built to last.

Yep, so many factors involved. Construction materials, construction methods, soil conditions, etc. Old world solid masonry construction was very long lasting, but, with it's weight it, generally, lagged in earthquake resistance.
Early modern steel frame with masonry veneer, not so much, either.
But, just to throw this in, the ancient Incans did very precise solid stone construction using no mortar at all that seems to have performed pretty darn well during seismic events. :)

MOXOMUMD

Wow!

While Hubby's partner M. has been off work, Hubby has made almost 50K for him. And happily so.
When M. left, he told Hubby to keep all the commission, or give it to me for working for him. At the time, Hubby told him that things don't work that way.

Anyway, M's wife dropped him off to the office for a little visit today, and he brought in a card for me. Inside was $1000 USD, for our upcoming trip. "Have dinner on me", the message read.

I feel a little teary eyed.
That...is...awesome. :)

PeterAlt

This better not be a "before" shock and the real quake happens when I get there or I'll be ed. Small aftershocks I might handle. Sounds fun, actually, but anything big would seriously ruin my trip!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom