Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterAlt

Almost a day to go... Should I start a separate thread, or should I stay here, like @StarWarsGirl95 just did?

My report will not necessarily be a Disney trip report, as just one day of seven will be at DLM and one morning at the DFM.

Cesar R M

Wait . . . did I read this correctly? Are you saying that they've cut back or redesigned that gorgeous, indoor, open air market??!! Say it isn't so! :banghead:

Mexico is one of the prettiest pavilions in Epcot (even @Goofyernmost commented about the ambiance of the restaurant there (with the exception of the tight tables). I have always loved the Mexican items in the marketplace there for sale—everything from interesting, colorful artwork, to clothing, shawls, belts, purses and pretty jewelry. They also sold a very tasty hot sauce on one of those carts as well. :hungry:
I wonder if they also changed most of the stuff from "made in Mexico" to cheap chinese knockoffs.

Cesar R M

That is the reason I started reading this thread. I found a lot of nastiness on other threads and not always directed at myself. I am one of the people who like to give likes when I play the games and when I read here. I followed @MOXOMUMD example on liking everyone's post on game threads because it's nice and it makes me feel good to also receive them.
My kids commented that I am happier after I started coming to this thread. So thank you guys!
be careful, this thread can also be extremely addictive.

Cesar R M

I can pretty much pinpoint when I finally had enough of News and Rumors. I have multiple issues with it, but there was one member. This person was completely polite. Their only crime was daring to suggest that some of the rumors didn't sound right, that perhaps not everything was as it seemed. Turned out they were right...later on. In the meantime, that person got so bullied on there. The member was nothing but polite, never responded, but it was just nasty. I called out one of the bullies. It's one of the few times that I have actually called another member out. The polite member has since left due to the bullying. After that, I just decided I didn't want a lot to do with a section where others can be bullied out.

I think I know who you mean.

I was actually appalled at some of the aggressiveness of some members. It gets ridiculous!.
Almost feels that having a different opinion than them.. is akin of insulting their mother or something equally bad. Because they go instantly into the offensive and gets nasty to see. :confused:

Cesar R M

Flight delayed. Now at 8:50 instead of 8:05
Storms? I hope not mechanical.

Reminds me when my plane from Pitt to Houston had an engine failure. Since I was deaf and I was very polite (vs the very angry guys insulting the continental gals) I got upgraded on a earlier flight (1st class and free airport hotel + 300 USD voucher because I lost my connection flight).

So I got a better plane, 1st class, all paid.. and only lost one day.
The bad? I had to sleep and be a full day with the same clothes.. I arrived home very stinky :p

seahawk7

I wonder if they also changed most of the stuff from "made in Mexico" to cheap chinese knockoffs.
A question for you @Cesar R M , what do you think of the Mexico pavillion? I live in New Mexico and I enjoy the Mariachis. We have some churches here who play mariachi music during mass. But I guess I was wondering what you thought of the food. Is it authentic? I found San Angel very good but nothing like New Mexican food. Ours is more Native American influenced. So, anyway, I was just wondering about your take on it.

Cesar R M

A question for you @Cesar R M , what do you think of the Mexico pavillion? I live in New Mexico and I enjoy the Mariachis. We have some churches here who play mariachi music during mass. But I guess I was wondering what you thought of the food. Is it authentic? I found San Angel very good but nothing like New Mexican food. Ours is more Native American influenced. So, anyway, I was just wondering about your take on it.

You will have to kill me, but honestly.. I only went to the quick food at Mexico's pavilion because my mother insisted.

I did not enter the Mexican Pavilion itself...but we tried the food.
The food was ok, but most there appeared to be in texmex style and northern Mexico (border) than real Mexican.
For example: the type of tortillas used there are not the usual mexican tortillas you get here in Mexico.
The ones used in the pavilion looks like those "prepackaged" and "produced in mass" tortillas that are made in factories.)

Having freshly made tortillas is a huge deal. It adds a lot of flavor and texture to the food.

(to resume and be clear.. I have no idea about the Mexican Pavilion, because I did not enter.. but I'm 100% sure that Donald M&H does not fit there.
he is an american Icon.. not a Mexican one. Id love to see Panchito Pistolas, just like I would have loved to see the Brazil Pavilion with José Carioca)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom