Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Mexico is one of my favorite buildings, we use to use it also as a rain dodge when the kids were small. Beyond the great offerings I like that it was all indoors, giving ya a break from the heat or rain. The one thing I do miss is the large open air market inside. There is still some stuff however nothing like it use to be.

And I'd like my Fish Taco's to be grilled or broiled please. I love fried fish however these days as I age, they don't like me so much anymore, especially if it is night or I'm going to be out in the heat.

Wait . . . did I read this correctly? Are you saying that they've cut back or redesigned that gorgeous, indoor, open air market??!! Say it isn't so! :banghead:

Mexico is one of the prettiest pavilions in Epcot (even @Goofyernmost commented about the ambiance of the restaurant there (with the exception of the tight tables). I have always loved the Mexican items in the marketplace there for sale—everything from interesting, colorful artwork, to clothing, shawls, belts, purses and pretty jewelry. They also sold a very tasty hot sauce on one of those carts as well. :hungry:

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
It happens. I expect something to be down for a refurb on every trip. Over 4 parks, there is bound to be something down. Just don't like it when it is an attraction I like to do every trip.

I feel your pain. Even though refurbs are inevitable, it's always so hard when a favorite attraction goes offline—when you only get 1 (or less) visits a year to WDW. I've had my share of rides that went down on a few of my visits. The most anguishing trip (years ago) was the one that Space Mountain went down. At that time, I hadn't been to WDW for close to 5 years, and the day I arrived, SM had gone down for extended refurb! :jawdrop:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
The first hostel I booked was a truly unique one. One that got the best overall rating, it's called PodShare. For someone single like myself looking for adventure, this was something I just had to reserve. Located right off of Hollywood Boulevard and near a subway station, for $50 a night (including tons of free stuff like food), I will be staying here Wednesday and Thursday nights. Let the pictures speak for themselves!

View attachment 63229 View attachment 63230 View attachment 63231 View attachment 63232 View attachment 63233 View attachment 63234 View attachment 63235 View attachment 63236 View attachment 63237 View attachment 63238

Well, those pictures certainly convey a serene location where you'll get a good night's sleep! :hilarious: But, sometimes I understand that it's good to try different experiences; you only live once. :happy: I'm sure you'll have fun and meet some interesting characters. Have a safe and enjoyable trip.

StarWarsGirl

I feel your pain. Even though refurbs are inevitable, it's always so hard when a favorite attraction goes offline—when you only get 1 (or less) visits a year to WDW. I've had my share of rides that went down on a few of my visits. The most anguishing trip (years ago) was the one that Space Mountain went down. At that time, I hadn't been to WDW for close to 5 years, and the day I arrived, SM had gone down for extended refurb! :jawdrop:
That was a desperately needed refurb. It was down so much. There was one trip that every time we walked up to it, it was down. So even if you had gone earlier, you may not have gotten the opportunity to ride it because there were times that it would go down and stay down for the entire day.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
On the bus to the airport. Been a fun trip. Two things I miss the most are my bed and the cat. The sofa beds at BCV are still the old ones with the bar down the middle.

It must be tough to leave. At least you can look forward to seeing your cat, and your cat will be so happy to see you! I've really enjoyed your posts from the parks; they made me feel like I was right there in the middle of the fun with you! :joyfull: Have a safe trip home.

seahawk7

I've seen that too with @PeterAlt too and a few other members. Some of which seem to "call in their Calgary" and form a posse, they seem to lurk for certain member to post anything and then "charge." Thankfully there are only a few Ring Leaders of this type of cyber bullying. But I'm in @MinnieM123 camp, I enjoy a topic, a healthy debate, different spins on topics. I also always read the Home Page postings of what they heck is happening in the World that have links to threads and I am hooked. Those threads are what drew me to the Disney Forums in the first place, info.
That is the reason I started reading this thread. I found a lot of nastiness on other threads and not always directed at myself. I am one of the people who like to give likes when I play the games and when I read here. I followed @MOXOMUMD example on liking everyone's post on game threads because it's nice and it makes me feel good to also receive them.
My kids commented that I am happier after I started coming to this thread. So thank you guys!

seahawk7

We take the boat from DTD every trip and have a lovely walkabout.

It's a nice way to decompress for a couple of hours.
And to walk off the calories from WPE's Corn Flake French Toast.
Yum! Corn flake french toast. Have you tried the chocolate from Germany with cornflakes? So yummy. They have one that has Greek yogurt in it as well. Yogurt and cornflakes, heck pair it with coffee and you got breakfast! Can you pair other beverages besides wine?

seahawk7

I think DD and I did QS 3 times at Sunshine Seasons. We go for comfort food but their desserts are among the best if not the best on property for QS meals. I've been going to Coral pretty much since the Seas opened. When they converted the pavilion to Nemo and Friends the Coral tanked too. But now, partly because of the immediate access to so many sights and reviews their quality and service has returned. Considering we did 2 week trips for almost 2 decades I am surprised we never ate at the Garden Grill. The menu just never did anything for me and the idea of being on the turn table that brought you face to face with guests in the pavilion while dining didn't do much for me ambiance wise. Plus it is 'spensive for what it is.

Edit: I am soooo over sun dried tomatoes :in pain:
I agree with you. At least you figured this out before going. I wish I did.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Wait . . . did I read this correctly? Are you saying that they've cut back or redesigned that gorgeous, indoor, open air market??!! Say it isn't so! :banghead:

Mexico is one of the prettiest pavilions in Epcot (even @Goofyernmost commented about the ambiance of the restaurant there (with the exception of the tight tables). I have always loved the Mexican items in the marketplace there for sale—everything from interesting, colorful artwork, to clothing, shawls, belts, purses and pretty jewelry. They also sold a very tasty hot sauce on one of those carts as well. :hungry:

No it is still there, they just cut down on the volume of stuff and reduced it's foot print

trr1

rattlesnake sliders

rattlesnake-slider-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom