Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Last night I posted a message that I worked very hard to put together before going to sleep. I was expecting to wake up with dozens of "likes" but nothing. It appears the message was taken down. I'm assuming it was taken down because it showed Disney's old room keys that had credit card numbers on it. Those numbers had been defunct for years and there was no security thread for posting them. Thanks for looking out for my security, but there is no security risk.

The post showed my desk "trophy wall" - a collage of pictures and room keys collected from WDW trips dating 1990 and every year between 1996-2003, with interesting stories associated with the trips.

For example, on one of the trips from the early 2000's, my "date" was the girlfriend of a a very good friend at the time. She said to me (when her boyfriend wasn't present), "Let's run away to Disney for the weekend!"

She was serious. She even threatened to never talk to me again if I turned her down. She also made me promise to never ever tell her boyfriend that we went, premeditatedly without asking her boyfriend to join us or for his permission. I agreed and spontaneously we spent the weekend at Disney without her boyfriend knowing.

Now, before you start thinking where the heck my morales were and how I could do that that a good friend, understand, I was doing my friend a favor more than her by doing this. See, the weekend of that trip, my friend was stressing because he did not want his girlfriend around that weekend. There was something going on that he simply did not want her to know about. I told him not to worry and that I would take care of it. He made me promise never to tell him how I took care of it. I kept my promise with her and with him. Both me and her had a great time at Disney that weekend. On top of all that, he paid me a lot of money afterwards, his way of thanking me. She also paid for gas, hotel room, and her expenses including ticket!

Here's the picture from that trip taken on Buzz Light Year!

View attachment 63143
If it makes you feel any better, I gave you a like.
I thought your collage wall was awesome; although it did display your surname in full.

donaldtoo

I still try to go every time I am there.

We still see it at least 2 times a trip. My MIL saw it for the first time on our last trip and absolutely loved it. :)
That being said, the overall state it is currently in is a darn shame. It desperately needs some major TLC. :(
The other thing I have always wished is that there was some way they could add at least one more scene (or more) to the show. I know this will never happen because it would essentially require a whole new, larger show building and systems. But, the time disparity between the current last 2 scenes (even though the current final "modern" scene is so obsolete) that it just doesn't flow as well as it could.
But, good gosh, how I LOVE the nostalgia factor of that show...!!! :)

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
We still see it at least 2 times a trip. My MIL saw it for the first time on our last trip and absolutely loved it. :)
That being said, the overall state it is currently in is a darn shame. It desperately needs some major TLC. :(
The other thing I have always wished is that there was some way they could add at least one more scene (or more) to the show. I know this will never happen because it would essentially require a whole new, larger show building and systems. But, the time disparity between the current last 2 scenes (even though the current final "modern" scene is so obsolete) that it just doesn't flow as well as it could.
But, good gosh, how I LOVE the nostalgia factor of that show...!!! :)
There are many, myself included, who think the final "modern" scene should be rewound to a retro 60's or 70's scene.

donaldtoo

There are many, myself included, who think the final "modern" scene should be rewound to a retro 60's or 70's scene.

Funny!
That was actually another option I meant to include in my post. I lose some of my points as it sometimes takes so darn long to post on this phone...! :confused:
Anyway, yes. Much easier and less expensive to do, and the continuity would be there again. :)

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
no I'm the Queen !

rupaul600_r620x349.jpg

Well I did not know that. I learned something today.

PeterAlt

Sally Field?
I'm not familiar. Who's that?

There was a Frontline report about it a few months ago. Companies are giving people freebies to promote them in a non-commercial way. Many bloggers have figured out exactly who they should be promoting to the point that all their living expenses are taken care of!

To be fair, they (the blogger$) should be required to disclose the names of the companies sponsoring them!

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Yep - for dinner only twice. For brekkie - every trip!

I'd like to try somewhere new. I know the food at San Angel gets mixed reviews, but it has always been my wish to eat there. I love the atmosphere. Mexico is my favourite WS pavilion.

Teppan Edo consistently gets great reviews, but the atmosphere is too stark for me.

Well it is pretty and for those who drink their margaritas are beyond fabulous. I had the fish last time I was there in 2012. I would have sent it back but our ADRs were under my sons CM ADRs and that is not encouraged. Then we had the dining plan which we told them as we were seated. After, I gave them my card and my CC for drinks and appetizer that was not covered by the DP. The whole thing was put on my CC and the server said its OK you can use the DP Credits somewhere else on a different day. :mad: So I needed a manager to get them to correct. My CC did get credited 5 days later. My heads up is they brought us Tortilla Chips to munch on as we were being seated and asked if we would like Salsa with it, yes please. It was delivered promptly. As I was enjoying I saw my salsa (3 kinds) was $9. So I recommend looking at the menu before you agree to any suggestions as you are seated.

The upside was it had great ambiance. It did remind me of the restaurant we ate in Mexico frequently when I was a kid. The water and lighting adds so much to the overall feel. I don't like Mexican Food so I tried to play it safe with the Fish cause I love good fish. If I went with a more popular item I would have likely enjoyed the meal more. And I could have had many many more of their margaritas. Falling down though wasn't an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom