Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
They still have the yellow tags. We're talking about the ones with peel stickers you wrap around the handle and dispose of at your hotel. The plastic tags are regular luggage tags that will not get your luggage to your room.

That's interesting. A few years ago, I could have sworn they did away with the yellow tags, and replaced all of those with the plastic tag that hooked on to the outside of your luggage. Maybe I'm having a Minnie Memory Lapse . . . oh dear . . .

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Time to go Pandora charm shopping. I need a couple of spacers and clips.

Seeing as how no one saw fit to get me a birthday gift, I'll go buy my own flippin' prezzie.

Did you mean that your family didn't get you a present? If so, just go buy what you want and present them with the bill! Tell them you did them a favor by getting the present, yourself. ;)

Does Pandora have Disney character charms? I know it had been rumored that they were going to open a store somewhere at WDW. I wasn't sure if they carried Disney character charms, though.

I think Pandora has pretty charms and bracelets, but they're a bit steep for my present budget. :( But there's always the future, and I can put this on my dream list (I'd love a Minnie charm . . .), or I could hint to my family for Christmas . . . :joyfull:

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I made two more reservations early this morning. For the nights of 8/27 and 8/28, I will be staying at a hostel in Hollywood, right off of Hollywood Boulevard and within walking distance to some of the big studios and attractions! I booked this for just $50 a night. They give you a "pod", basically a vertical cubical on the wall with a bed, giant flat screen TV/computer monitor with an adjustable bendy arm holding it from the wall, a sound system, and all kinds of outlets and plugs and electronic gizmos. It has a 9.5 (of 10) rating on some sites. Some sites have it a 10 rating! It is also a block from the LA subway system.

Now, I got to book 8/29 somewhere in Southern Cali. I could have booked it was that same place, but they were out of "pods" that had all those gadgets that day, and I want a little variety...

I'm really liking the fact that you're taking advantage of hostels. Hostels are for all ages, not just college-aged students. I know a midde-aged couple who traveled in 4 countries over in Europe, and they stayed in hostels in every country. They said it was a great experience, enjoyed meeting other international guests, and it was very economical. :happy:

donaldtoo

This is going to come off snobby and arrogant but I don't care - every time I read someone rave about Olive Garden all I can think is "geez your standards are really low".

I don't spend much time on farms (okay any) so I'm not much scared of cow or chicken attacks. I do, however, live on an island and swim in the ocean a LOT.

I actually like Olive Garden's food, although, yes, I wouldn't rave about it in an authentic sense.
I really like Maggiano's (although, my mother actually makes a better egg plant parm ;))and Buca di Beppo, which, I think...?, are much closer to authentic Italian.
But, one of our favorite places, so far, locally is a one off, family owned restaurant about 1.5 miles from our house called Reale's. These folks are originally from New York and moved here about 35-ish years ago. Very good stuff...!!! :hungry: :)

As to that second part...
Since the hubster is actually the one that did the dirty deed of catchin' and killin' Jaws, just make sure he's always in the water with you. You know, kinda' like a canary in a coal mine...while it's munchin' revenge on him you can make your escape...! :D ;) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom