Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterAlt

It's not going to happen (the car rental). I just thoroughly researched this. It's too complicated and not worth the effort. Here's what I'll do:

- Before boarding the flight back to SF on 8/30, I will go to a Post Office (or UPS/FedEx location) while I am still in the Southern Cali area and mail all my non-essential belongings that I won't be needing over the following 24 hours back home.

- I will pack as light as possible to begin with before leaving Florida. This means I will only bring the bare minimum essentials. Anything in abundance I can buy there, I will not bring. I will bring one or two of each types of clothing. For example, one set of "going out clothes", one set of swimming gear, and two sets of all purpose trekking gear (one set for when it's cold and one for when it's hot). I will bring my iPad, iPhone, accessories, 3D camera, backpack, and a waterproof wearable money holder.

- I will make use of laundry facilities whenever available to make up for the above.

- I will go straight to the event at San Jose via a combination of walking, transit, and possibly partially via a taxi ride. I was about to adjust transit time from the SF airport to the San Jose Civic Center (where the event is) to just an hour and 40 minutes by adjusting the route, which will be entirely by train and foot. I may be able to shave yet more time off by getting a cab as soon as I get off the train in San Jose. Even if I don't get a cab in San Jose, I will only loose an hour of the event (which goes on from 7pm to 2am). That's just an hour of seven that will be lost. No biggie.

- Returning to SF will be no rush. I can still party there all night and morning, like I wanted to. I won't have to worry about my stuff because it will be in the mail on its way home. Maybe I should leave my iPad home and not bring it because my iPhone has the same functions.

- My return flight from SF to Florida is later that morning after sunrise.

Now, I will turn my focus on the Southern Cali portion of the trip...

PeterAlt

I dont think so.

But then, Unsure how it works in your country.

In my country you always have to start with a saving account. And they keep track how much money you put inside.
Once they have a reliable track how much you get paid (in case you do not appear in an employee list) then they will give you a basic credit card with very high interest rate and very low capacity ( in my case, my first CC had 55% rate and 500 USD capacity)

No photos? I am disappoint :(
What country are you from?

PeterAlt

I just learned that San Jose has a brand spanking new light rail system...
image.jpg
....with connections at the San Jose Caltrain station (my stop) and the Civic Center (where I need to go)! It's so new that Google Maps didn't include it in its transit route from SF!

Wow, did Google waste my time! Had I had known that, I wouldn't have been doing all that research and going through all that stress! This means my transit time will be shorter and taxis will not be necessary!

Thank God I had the sense to look up San Jose transit in Wikipedia!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
View attachment 62452
....with connections at the San Jose Caltrain station (my stop) and the Civic Center (where I need to go)! It's so new that Google Maps didn't include it in its transit route from SF!

Wow, did Google waste my time! Had I had known that, I wouldn't have been doing all that research and going through all that stress! This means my transit time will be shorter and taxis will not be necessary!

That's a nice-looking light-rail system. It's so new and clean. Heck, I'd ride it just for the experience! :)

MinnieM123

Premium Member

Made a new mantle piece liner, coffee table liner, smallish one for under tv and pillow for my footstool...yep, autumn. Pulling out the Halloween and fall stuff this week.,if the weathers gonna act like it, I'm decorating for it.

:)

I just fell in love with the mantle fabric. It has a slight hint of gold in it...is really quite pretty.

Also sewn new pillowcases and fixed two shirts.

Your decorative fall accents make your living space cozy and inviting. (The bench in front of your computer looks like it's been repurposed from perhaps a dining room table set? Looks good where you placed it.) By the way, your toe nail polish colors are fun, too!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

Made a new mantle piece liner, coffee table liner, smallish one for under tv and pillow for my footstool...yep, autumn. Pulling out the Halloween and fall stuff this week.,if the weathers gonna act like it, I'm decorating for it.

:)

I just fell in love with the mantle fabric. It has a slight hint of gold in it...is really quite pretty.

Also sewn new pillowcases and fixed two shirts.
I see you ran out of fingernail polish half way through.

NYwdwfan

Me or @NYwdwfan could take you to some Italian places for some pasta that would blow you away.

This is going to come off snobby and arrogant but I don't care - every time I read someone rave about Olive Garden all I can think is "geez your standards are really low".

Karma, Schmarma. You haven't eaten other killed creatures throughout your lifetime...?! o_O
;) :)

I don't spend much time on farms (okay any) so I'm not much scared of cow or chicken attacks. I do, however, live on an island and swim in the ocean a LOT.

I see you ran out of fingernail polish half way through.

I had to enlarge the photo and scan it to see what you were talking about! :hilarious:

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
View attachment 62452

Say what you want about Wikipedia, but it sure does offer info in a timely fashion.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Agree with you, always have at least a little cash just in case!

Speaking of luggage.. the luggage service of the magical express was the ONLY THING I refused to pay for Tip for.
horrible service.
they lost our bags.. and we wanted fresh clothes to go to our first show (Pioneer Hall).
The bags (only my mother's) arrived at 11:00 pm.. and my ones at almost 2:00 am on the next day!!!

Note we arrived at 3:00pm in the afternoon to POR!!!
My mother had to call TWICE to see where the hell our bags where.. they had on idea (they claimed our bags were on another bus that went elsewhere!)

Yep, that is why many only take carry on luggage. You can always check your luggage, pick it up at baggage claim and roll it to MME and have the driver put it under you MME bus. If I fly late afternoon or night I do that now. I do adjust my tips in all situations up and down but I try and keep it in perspective. Bell Services at a resort have nothing to do with MME distribution other than when it finally reaches their resort they deliver the luggage to a room, so I'd likely still tip them for doing that.

Gabe1

I dont think so.

But then, Unsure how it works in your country.

In my country you always have to start with a saving account. And they keep track how much money you put inside.
Once they have a reliable track how much you get paid (in case you do not appear in an employee list) then they will give you a basic credit card with very high interest rate and very low capacity ( in my case, my first CC had 55% rate and 500 USD capacity)

No photos? I am disappoint :(

I didn't order it, just the pizza that was over the top yummy. I had not ordered from them in years. I posted a pizza photo though because my mouth was happy as I was eating it.

Gabe1

I actually got more distracted by your interesting desk chair.

When you mean unexpectedly, you mean they sent you new debit and credit cards to you?
Perhaps they noticed they were cloned or used outside your area? (like another country?)

I'm sure that is why they sent me new ones, no where near expiration dates. They had done the same thing after I went to WDW in April. My DS had his replaced when he went to St Pete's for a week.

Gabe1

By the way, I suppose now that Nickelodeon owns TMNT... Disney can no longer use their characters right?
I've seen the new TMNT 2012 costumes, and they are adorable!

View attachment 62448

View attachment 62449

Disney only had the rights to use TMNT through a deal with Jim Henson as he had a hand in their movie/show way back then. That Henson thing got all messed up through the years. I don't know that Uni owns TMNT but they might have picked up the rights???? Not sure who has the rights in 2014, they had rights in 2012.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom