Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Starting to catch up. It was a funny night here earlier. Kudos. :joyfull:

Felt like I was reliving the 70's watching the Grannies TV Game Show To Tell The Truth. Three contestants all claims to be the same person. Multiple celebrity panelists guess. The host would ask at the end of the show for the real...to stand up.

Fun times revived. :happy: Gosh, my Aunt was addicted to that show.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
And I, of course, am still up.
Having a quick cup of tea, and hopefully to bed before 2:00.

Back to work with Hubby tomorrow. Expecting a mad rush at 11:00 for the last two units, (and to sign up the three Jewish folks who couldn't sign today); and then probably dead for five hours.

I ... must ... resist ... re-installing ... Farmville ....

Actually, I'm over it.
Just wish Candy Crush would issue an update. I'm maxed out (again) at Level 635.

PeterAlt

I made some minor accomplishments tonight (this morning, actually) with my trip planning...

I booked my first night for the trip... Aug. 26, the second night of the trip, actually, and only full day in the San Francisco area. This is the day I plan on going to the Disney Family Museum and actually seeing the city. I booked that night for just $39 at the Green Tortoise Hostel. It has a rating of 4.5 of 5 stars, ranked as the area's #1 party hostel, includes free breakfast and dinner (among other amenities), and is centrally located near all the attraction sites. More importantly, the Disney Family Museum is also close by.

I didn't book the 25th with this place because check-in ends at 10pm. My flight will be arriving to San Francisco the 25th at 10:45pm, so I will have to make other arrangements for that first night there.

Then, I discovered a major problem. I realizes that this event I already bought tickets (over $50) for the night of Aug. 30th wasn't in San Francisco, but San Jose. That day I will be flying back from the LA area, arriving at San Fran at 5:45pm. According to Google Maps, it would take 2 1/2 hours to get to San Jose from the San Francisco airport. Add to that the time I need to check into where ever I would be staying that night. Even if where I staying was close by, the event would be over (it ends at 2am) by the time I get there! Neither my airplane ticket nor my event ticket are refundable. I, naturally, began to freak out.

Just for the hell of it, I changed the Google Maps routing criteria from "transit" to "car" and ... WOW ... Travel time adjusted from 2 1/2 hours to just 40 minutes! Big, major difference! So, I did a search on Orbitz for car rentals and discovered I can rent a car that night until the morning of my flight back to Florida for just $39! This is the night I wanted to do that all-nighter (a Saturday). I can leave my luggage safely locked up in the rental car. No need for a hotel that night! All problems solved!

I'm going to do a little more research on car rentals before a secure a reservation for one, but that's what I've already decided to do for that last night there...

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Florida will sink because of Global Warming and climate change. California may break off and sink because of fault lines and earthquakes. If that's not enough for either state and the continental US as a whole, just wait until Yosemite erupts! The whole world will be affected when that happens (and its eruption is overdue)! Hawaii won't be safe either because it will get the tsunami caused by all that lava and ash pouring into the ocean from such a high attitude! The US, Canada, and Mexico will cease to exist. The rest of the world will be struggling to survive and will move in to take care of whoever survives in North America.

Don't mean to be such a downer, but these things have happened from time to time in human pre-historic existence. Our DNA all shows there have been multiple funnel effects, from time to time, where the DNA varieties went from abundance to just a surviving few. Since this is "pre-history", there is no written record of what happened and no official scientific theory, just stories said to be handed down over the generations not taken seriously by academia.

And ancient alien "theory". There were no ancient aliens (sorry Caesar). Humans have had the same brain that sent astronauts to the moon and design microprocessors for over 200,000 years. What is missing is much of the pre-ancient catastrophe record of our civilizations during that time.

All I'm saying is we can learn from this and work to make the next big catastrophe less catastrophic. People can be saved. Our knowledge base of scientific information can be safeguarded. Civilization doesn't have to collapse only to restart again by a new generation of deniers.

Sorry, I get on these tangents from time to time. I really believe this.

Don't let me bum you all out... Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Well now, aren't you just LIttle Mary Sunshine?!! :p

I must say that reading about the fast-approaching apocalypse, first thing this morning, was a refreshing way to start off my day. The end is near; we'll either end up being swallowed by the earth or drowned in floods.

But, you know what? You just gave me a great idea, Peter. I think I'll go out this morning, and charge up all my credit cards to the max, and enjoy all kinds of new, cool stuff. According to what you shared with us, I'll be dead before the bills arrive! :eek: :hilarious:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I made some minor accomplishments tonight (this morning, actually) with my trip planning...

I booked my first night for the trip... Aug. 26, the second night of the trip, actually, and only full day in the San Francisco area. This is the day I plan on going to the Disney Family Museum and actually seeing the city. I booked that night for just $39 at the Green Tortoise Hostel. It has a rating of 4.5 of 5 stars, ranked as the area's #1 party hostel, includes free breakfast and dinner (among other amenities), and is centrally located near all the attraction sites. More importantly, the Disney Family Museum is also close by.

I didn't book the 25th with this place because check-in ends at 10pm. My flight will be arriving to San Francisco the 25th at 10:45pm, so I will have to make other arrangements for that first night there.

Then, I discovered a major problem. I realizes that this event I already bought tickets (over $50) for the night of Aug. 30th wasn't in San Francisco, but San Jose. That day I will be flying back from the LA area, arriving at San Fran at 5:45pm. According to Google Maps, it would take 2 1/2 hours to get to San Jose from the San Francisco airport. Add to that the time I need to check into where ever I would be staying that night. Even if where I staying was close by, the event would be over (it ends at 2am) by the time I get there! Neither my airplane ticket nor my event ticket are refundable. I, naturally, began to freak out.

Just for the hell of it, I changed the Google Maps routing criteria from "transit" to "car" and ... WOW ... Travel time adjusted from 2 1/2 hours to just 40 minutes! Big, major difference! So, I did a search on Orbitz for car rentals and discovered I can rent a car that night until the morning of my flight back to Florida for just $39! This is the night I wanted to do that all-nighter (a Saturday). I can leave my luggage safely locked up in the rental car. No need for a hotel that night! All problems solved!

I'm going to do a little more research on car rentals before a secure a reservation for one, but that's what I've already decided to do for that last night there...

Your idea to seek out a hostel was smart. (I forget about hostels.) They are certainly reasonable, and you're so lucky that one of them is close to the Disney Family Museum. That's great. Good news about your car rental solution to your luggage storage issue well. Sounds like your pre-planning for this trip is paying off nicely for you. :)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I've never heard of Farmall; not surprising considering that my city was the Canadian base of both Massey Ferguson, and Cockshutt Farm Equipment (later White Farm Equipment).

All throughout my childhood, every single combine, tractor, cultivator, and planter in nearby fields bore one of those three names; depending on the age of the machine.

John Deere simply did not exist up here, and Fords were for driving on the highways, not the fields.

Sadly, both Massey's and White's tanked in the 80's, leaving 1 in 3 adults here unemployed.
A huge number of those unemployed became real estate agents. And where you have real estate agents, you have donut/coffee shops. At one point, we had more coffee shops per capita than any other city in the country.

It took this city more than a decade to rebound.
There are still too many real estate agents. Almost all of the coffee shops have been pushed out by Tim Hortons. And we are now more known for being the birthplace of Wayne Gretzky.

But for many years in the 60's-80's, we were known for the production of farm equipment, almost exclusively.

This is very interesting reading, from start to finish. What I really enjoy about the forums is the "education" I receive by reading all kinds of history, from people all over the world. Even though the tractor business tanked in your area, which was very sad, you brought forth the importance of that industry, at that time, and the amount of people that worked for it. History like this needs to be preserved and passed along to future generations.

Goofyernmost

So, who has a 20 minute nap @ 9:30 p.m.?

This guy!
Just a thought here, and don't by any stretch think that this is just another Canadian slam, but, all those naps may be the reason why you don't sleep nights.
Having spent many days in Canada, I do understand how hard it is to stay awake there, eh! But, still.
The older we get the less sleep we need and you just went on record as having yet another birthday, so maybe you are over-sleeping.

As difficult as it is to accept and equally difficult for me to say... I could be wrong!:joyfull:

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
Just a thought here, and don't by any stretch think that this is just another Canadian slam, but, all those naps may be the reason why you don't sleep nights.
Having spent many days in Canada, I do understand how hard it is to stay awake there, eh! But, still.
The older we get the less sleep we need and you just went on record as having yet another birthday, so maybe you are over-sleeping.

As difficult as it is to accept and equally difficult for me to say... I could be wrong!:joyfull:
I actually only nap about twice a week, and never for more than 20-30 minutes.

As to over-sleeping - not a chance.
My daily total of sleep, about 5-6 hours is divided into two, if not three increments.
And we both know, at my age, that's not nearly enough.

My problem is that I'm a night owl; seldom retiring before 2:00 a.m, often as late as 3:00.
Getting up at 6:15 to awaken my son and drive him to work each day is what is killing me.

I fear that I will finally have to start going to bed earlier.

A lot of this is Craig's fault. Keeping me up late - all the way to Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom