Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

donaldtoo

OK, I give him a thumbs up! He can use power tools and knows how to wear his Levi's. All's well in Pop's world.

I just hope that is a knife attached to his belt and not a cell phone.

Hahaaa!
That's definitely a knife...!
Mom is, mostly, in charge of the only (pay-as-you-go) cell phone they've ever owned. They pretty much only take it when they go on the road. They just got back yesterday from spendin' 2 weeks in a condo down on the Texas coast while their kitchen was bein' completely remodeled... "If y'all need to get ahold of us, just call our cell!" :)

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Hahaaa!
That's definitely a knife...!
Mom is, mostly, in charge of the only (pay-as-you-go) cell phone they've ever owned. They pretty much only take it when they go on the road. They just got back yesterday from spendin' 2 weeks in a condo down on the Texas coast while their kitchen was bein' completely remodeled... "If y'all need to get ahold of us, just call our cell!" :)

Good. And I didn't see any packs so Pops gets the 21st century stamp of approval.

My Mom has a pay as you go however at least your folks turn the freak'n thing on when they go out of town! My Dad use to go get my DS sometimes when he first went to college in Wisconsin. I speed dial programmed #1 Me, #2his house/mom #3 my son. That is as far as he ever got with Mom's cell.

donaldtoo

Yeah. I liked it when it came out but I'm also a big Bess Armstrong fan. I had my kids watch all four within the pan of two days. They didn't want to, but then I told them that was all I wanted for my bday. I saw Jaws 3D in the theater when I was a kid. Dennis Quaid, Lea Thompson, and Lou Gossett Jr also starred.

Actually, I think I remember seein' it in the theater, as well, now that I think about it. I have some memory of those 3D effects in all their magnificent glory. ..!!! :joyfull: ;) :)
Please forgive my memory...I'm old, the early-mid '80's are pretty much a blur to me, and I've slept since then...! :D ;) :)

Oh, and I did have crushes on both Lea Thompson and Bess Armstrong. :)

donaldtoo

Good. And I didn't see any packs so Pops gets the 21st century stamp of approval.

My Mom has a pay as you go however at least your folks turn the freak'n thing on when they go out of town! My Dad use to go get my DS sometimes when he first went to college in Wisconsin. I speed dial programmed #1 Me, #2his house/mom #3 my son. That is as far as he ever got with Mom's cell.

Cool! I'll pass the good news along to him...! ;) :)

As of late, my folks have actually been entertaining the prospect of gettin' themselves an iPhone...!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: ;) :)

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
My grandfather on my moms side had 3 tractors: either 2 John Deere's and a Ford, or, 2 Ford's and a John Deere...I can't quite remember.
My grandfather on my pops side had a Farmall that pretty much looked exactly like this one, but, not nearly as clean. ;) :)

View attachment 62200
I've never heard of Farmall; not surprising considering that my city was the Canadian base of both Massey Ferguson, and Cockshutt Farm Equipment (later White Farm Equipment).

All throughout my childhood, every single combine, tractor, cultivator, and planter in nearby fields bore one of those three names; depending on the age of the machine.

John Deere simply did not exist up here, and Fords were for driving on the highways, not the fields.

Sadly, both Massey's and White's tanked in the 80's, leaving 1 in 3 adults here unemployed.
A huge number of those unemployed became real estate agents. And where you have real estate agents, you have donut/coffee shops. At one point, we had more coffee shops per capita than any other city in the country.

It took this city more than a decade to rebound.
There are still too many real estate agents. Almost all of the coffee shops have been pushed out by Tim Hortons. And we are now more known for being the birthplace of Wayne Gretzky.

But for many years in the 60's-80's, we were known for the production of farm equipment, almost exclusively.

Soarin' Over Pgh

Nope, all cool. I know from where you speak...DWifey must have her steak completely torched and smothered in whatever sauce is on hand. :eek: ;) :)

I like mine practically on fire. No chance of reincarnation.

But really, I don't eat steak often...usually not even once a year. Again, it's gotta be so done that it's begging for me to put it out of its misery. And then it gets drowned in a1.

Found the Rum you hid, now I just have to wrestle it away from your security guard.

cff83a776d36b214f929fbb8d46e69b1.jpg

In the words of Dot....HEEEEELLLLOOOOOO MISTER SECURITY GUARD.

He can protect me anytime.

Cool and rainy here. Pretty sucky summer, truth be told.

This summer has sucked. It's 60 here right now, I've hardly broke a sweat the entire month of August. I'm hoping that doesnt mean winter is going to start September 1st and end next May. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom