Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soarin' Over Pgh

You are going to use your new position to track us all down aren't you?

Yes, a c from New Jersey. ;)

The first version I ever rode was the DL version, back in 1970, when it was still pretty brand spankin' new. :)

Awww man! What I wouldn't give to have been to Disneyland in the 70s. I bet it was awesome. My first ride on the HM my mom thought for sure I'd be scared, but I loved it so much we rode it four or five more times in a row after that. That was at DL. When I saw the MK version last year I was...rather disappointed. Especially hat the scrims were clearly visible and the lighting was too bright. I felt too big and bulky, and warehouse like. I just don't get the "MK one is better" talk. But, IMHO, of course.

The foot prints and stairs part was pretty cool, though.

seahawk7

I want your advice. My son and I are going to Seattle for the season opener and we leave on Wednesday and come back Friday. If you could, would you stay another night? To change our airline tickets would be a total of 50 dollars and the additional night would be 239. We will be at the Seahawks stadium all day Thursday. He wants to have dinner at the Cheesecake Factory Wednesday so we won't have time to see Puget Sound that day and I want to see it. What would you do?

Soarin' Over Pgh

I want your advice. My son and I are going to Seattle for the season opener and we leave on Wednesday and come back Friday. If you could, would you stay another night? To change our airline tickets would be a total of 50 dollars and the additional night would be 239. We will be at the Seahawks stadium all day Thursday. He wants to have dinner at the Cheesecake Factory Wednesday so we won't have time to see Puget Sound that day and I want to see it. What would you do?

I'm not familiar with Seattle but any chance to stay an extra day anywhere on vacation, I'd say yes. :) there's always something to see or do that's not in your hometown. Go for it, you're already there!

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR

I'd love to stay another day!

Soarin' Over Pgh

My talk with the boss went very well. I explained that I didn't want to leave him empty-handed and just leave him out in the cold and I also explained that this Advancement is for my benefit and it's for my progression into my future. He understood completely which is definitely a good thing, it helps us both to move forward in our business affairs and personal lives as well. Even though I only gave him a weeks notice he still understood and we are still on good terms. I feel like a huge stress has been lifted off of my shoulders for the first time in many many months. it is a great feeling.

Also I'm testing out the text to talk on my iPad and so far it's really not going very well has anyone else had experience with this in can you give me any pointers?

donaldtoo

Awww man! What I wouldn't give to have been to Disneyland in the 70s. I bet it was awesome. My first ride on the HM my mom thought for sure I'd be scared, but I loved it so much we rode it four or five more times in a row after that. That was at DL. When I saw the MK version last year I was...rather disappointed. Especially hat the scrims were clearly visible and the lighting was too bright. I felt too big and bulky, and warehouse like. I just don't get the "MK one is better" talk. But, IMHO, of course.

The foot prints and stairs part was pretty cool, though.

Yep, I was 6 when I first rode PotC at DL in '68, and I already mentioned the HM part. PotC at DL is obviously better 'cause of the added drop and longer ride IMHO.
Also, although I love the Hudson River Valley Dutch Gothic architecture of WDWs version of HM, I prefer the southern antebellum of DLs more, plus the attraction is just better overall, as well. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom