Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Bu4MyAzIcAEXKOv.jpg

Gabe1

A few reasons but keep in mind I have never been with children before, just my wife and I. One, I think the adult district on the Fantasy (Europa) has much better theming than on the Dream. La Piazza was our favorite pre-dinner hangout, which does not exist on the Dream. Also, the Fantasy has the extra adult pool area, satellite falls. Finally, I thought the shows on the Fantasy were better, but this may be an unfair comparison because the Fantasy runs 7 nights, so there are a lot more shows than on the Dream.

With all that being said, the Dream is still an amazing ship as well in my opinion.

Thanks. This is the kinda of info that is so helpful. Kudos.

PeterAlt

Recapping from my last two visits to WDW (because I have nothing better to do with my time)...

- I left Haunted Mansion dumbfounded. I was so looking forward to seeing the improvements to my favorite ride and walked out not feeling awe-struck like I had several years back when I saw the DL version. I wasn't disappointed, feeling so-so, but not impressed as I had hoped to be.

- I left Space Mountain happy that something was done but sad that they couldn't bring it to the same show-level as the DL version. I was saddened by the classic pre-show of stars, falling stars, and chocolate chip cookie asteroid projections being removed. I liked the new sound effects but wish they had installed the onboard audio. I liked the new special effects and found that the Alpha and Omega tracks have different effects.

- Found Pirates of the Caribbean to be a huge improvement over how it was. Still the Cliff Notes version of the DL original.

- Seven Dwarfs Mine Coaster exceeded all expectations.

- Found Voyage of the Little Mermaid to be a desperately needed new little attraction. Slightly better than what I expected, but needs work. Maybe the improvements they plan that were installed recently at DL will help.

- I have nothing but praise for the Splash rehab. It looks like the ride is still new. I noticed they tweaked the lighting and it is a big improvement. I wish Disney still built rides like this!

- Big Thunder Mountain also looks brand new after its recent rehab, despite the fact that some of the effects have been permanently disabled. I can't wait to see what they did to the DL version, with its new effects and all! According to Spirit, these same upgrades are planned for WDW!

- It's a Small World is in sad, sad shape! It's an embarrassment to keep it open! I say use the space for something new and rebuild it as a stand-alone building and clone the DL version!

- I was going to skip Buzz Light Year because I've seen it dozens of times on previous trips, but my sister insisted. I didn't remember the ride being so much fun and it's still in great shape!

- Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor was good, but I do miss Time Keeper. I didn't know they had to take Time Keeper out in order to make room for Laugh Floor. Suspecting Laugh Floor was in the same space as Time Keeper, I asked CM's to tell me that ain't so. The CM I spoke with never heard of Time Keeper. She then asked her supervisor and her supervisor never heard of it either. The supervisor asked another CM, who also never heard of it. Before the chain of embarrassment went any further, I explained that "years ago" there was an attraction called Time Keeper there and Robin Williams did the voice. I walked away feeling like a was an old man! "Sonny, years ago when I was your age..." Yeah, you got the idea!

- Stitch was okay (first time seeing it). Glad they kept much of what was Alien Encounter intact. I miss Skippy! I miss Alien Encounter! After all the redo's for Alien Encounter and finally getting it right, Eisner got soft and decided not to leave such a "scary" attraction at Disney's family-oriented theme park as his legacy. Such a shame!

I'm leaving out the other parks because each require detailed discussions and I can't do a simple recap like I've just done here for the MK.

donaldtoo

I feel the same. I prefer the tightness of DL's Haunted Mansion over the more open space and roominess of MK's version.

Plus, I really didn't enjoy the graveyard last year at MK... it was too lit up, and ALL of the scrims were showing. You could see clear through the entire room, and I noticed it the second the doombuggy entired that scene. It ruined it. :(

The first version I ever rode was the DL version, back in 1970, when it was still pretty brand spankin' new. :)

Gabe1

@JenniferS Had to take your advice last night. Earbuds in. I fell asleep with them in. I eventually woke up and they were still in. Took them out. He was still snoring but at least I could sleep. Ugh. This is what happens when we forget decongestants.
I have a pretty big cosmetic bag that I take on every trip, anywhere. I never unpack it, goes right back on the shelf.
It has a bit of everything that I have at home, drug store wise and then misc. stuff, band aids, antibiotic cream, tiny aloe, after bite, scissors, small tape. So many odds and ends in there. There is a full box of decongestants, the good ones from behind the pharmacy counter type.

I went down a while back to visit my DS. With my Mary Poppins Cosmetic Bag I forgot toothpaste. :cautious:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom