Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterAlt

When I went to Israel years ago, I met these "back-backers" from Ireland, the UK, and Sweden. They taught me how to travel with no money. They were touring all of Europe and Israel with just $50 in their pockets.

First trick is to stay at hostels. Hostels rent beds in dorm-like room and offer the same type of services as hotels for as low as $20 a night. To travel, they used a EuroRail pass - a flat low fee got them unlimited travel on all of Europe's high speed rail systems. For pocket money and expenses, they would easily find temporary employment in restaurants as servers wherever they went!

I actually envied their lifestyle and wanted to do that some day. They seemed to be living life. They told me in America, we live to work, but Europeans work to live.

acishere

Titanic party!!!!!

Invites:

Scan10030.JPG

Favors:

816ec85cfc755e0e82ea1b3ca4413a72.jpg

Décor and snacks:

titanic-party.jpg

titanic-theme-night-titanic-theme-party-titanic-themed-night-450x600.jpg

Dinner table:

titanic-dinner-table-arrangement.jpg

Dessert:
6220886622_48cac3f03f_z.jpg

Evening entertainment:

47d7901a7e32f632c27a26bb56b332f1.640x512x1.jpg
Nothing says kids birthday party like a horrible boating incident!

Cesar R M

More good school news: I switched a class so that on Mondays and Wednesdays, I don't start until noon, and I rearranged so that on Tuesdays and Thursdays, I don't start until 11. And still with the professors I wanted. And I just finished buying books for another class, and it cost me under $40. So far, 3 classes, $60 in books.
You're lucky.
Most of the schools and universities I have been.. always shove you a forced list of books.
The annoying part is.. we only use 10 or so pages of each book, and each book is like 90 USD or so.
Its like a MAFIA to push for the book sells.

Cesar R M

And, this one is, currently, wayyyyy more fun than the one at WDW...

View attachment 61997

:eek: ;)
I never imagined that Cyclops had a baby with The beast from X-men!!!

Good morning, Sagateers! Hey, I got an email about D23 convention for 2015 from Disney! I've never received any emails from them before about this event in Anaheim. I'm happy for the West Coast fans. I only wish they had one out here on the East Coast. I guess this event is one of those "bucket list" things to do eventually . . .:)

You know, I always keep reading about D23... just what D23 is anyway???

PeterAlt

It's great that you have so many fun options. No wonder you're excited for this trip! :joyfull:

The only wrinkle is the luggage issue. Without a hotel room reservation somewhere, I don't know where you could safely stash your luggage. You'll be in an unfamiliar city, and the chances of finding some "hidden" spot is unlikely. Things like lockers at bus stations, airports, etc. pretty much went away after 9/11. And, even if you tried to tip a doorman at a club to put it aside for you, chances are they have insurance (liability) rules that won't allow them to hold luggage or a duffel bag. Unless you had a friend out there who could hold it for you, I'm not sure about any alternatives. You're probably a lot more resourceful than I am, but if it was me, I'd just bite the bullet and find a reasonably priced motel. Again, that's just me only. I have this thing about peace of mind, particularly when traveling in unknown surroundings.
A friend of a friend said she would be happy to show me around San Francisco. I haven't spoken to her yet, so I'm not going to count on it for anything. I'm going to hold out as long as I can for hotel options so that I can thoroughly explore my options. I just hope what I decide to do isn't all booked by then!

Cesar R M

On another note... I got the official word that I've cleared pee-in-a-cup test, my background check, reference check all came back clear (just waiting for FBI clearance but I don't have a history and have never been arrested, so that should be clear) and I've got the job!

I'm giving my boss notice today. Of one week. Which is better than nothing.

I have orientation on Monday, so I won't be at this job then. Give him three full days to stew on it.

EEEE! So excited. Trying to keep calm and carry on, but squealing inside.

Also I may or may not have eaten cake and ice cream for breakfast.
Are you going to replace Agent Mulder and Agent K in the search of alien life?
I mean.. why on earth would you need a FBI clearance? o_O

Cesar R M

Call dealer because my gas gauge was going wonky and a warning to check my gauges kept going on and off, problem immediately stops after I call... They did a check and didn't see anything. So I am just now getting on the train into the city because of it.
I've had these kind of problems before.. do not trust the mechanics of the Agencies..
Most of them only plug their reader into the computer and see if there are issues in the sensors.
But if the sensors are wrong or the onboard computer is wrong.. you're pretty much on your own.

For example.. My father car had a loooooooong story of overheating.
Again and again it would shut down due of high temps.. and kept losing anti-ice fluid (using for cooling too).

After 4 years of back and forths with the agency... my dad send them to hell.
No "qualified" mechanic found anything.. EVER.

1 year later after my dad passed on. he left me his car... and the problems continued.. so we went with an electrical expert so he could check if the computer was damaged (or the censors)

SURPRISE!!!.. there was a GIANT HOLE in the engine water pump.
And these agency clowns NEVER EVER reviewed the engine physically.
So after changing the engine water pump.. blamo! the overheating problems were gone and the fluid leak was fixed!

254647_630x354.jpg

7 year old Pup elected Mayor of Cormorant, Minnesota. Duke's term lasts one year.
why I have a feeling this pup will do a better job than past Mayors? ;)

Cesar R M

Cronut Guy invents new dessert. Stuffed Lobster Pretzel.

rs_560x444-140807100506-1024.-pretzel-lobster-tail.jpg

BucIDasIAAAy84q.jpg:large

It's a pretzel through and through, with bits stuffed with buttercrunch brittle and housemade peanut butter. The 'tail' is sprinkled with Maldon salt.

The shape.. of these things.. is kinda.. questionable. :hilarious:

Actually from the Dream....although I wish it has been from the Fantasy (although very similar to the Dream, I still like the Fantasy more :) )

What is the difference then? aren't they supposed to be the same except for some inner details? (like the statue in the atrium and the outside logos/giant figurines)

Soarin' Over Pgh

All it needs is an iceberg ice sculpture. ;)

Ask and you shall receive

Titanic-Ice-Sculpture.jpg

Are you going to replace Agent Mulder and Agent K in the search of alien life?
I mean.. why on earth would you need a FBI clearance? o_O

LOL I wish my life were half as interesting as theirs. It's in health care, directly handling social security numbers and other sensitive information... so yes, an FBI clearance is necessary to make sure I'm not a social security number stealing thief or something. I dunno.

Soarin' Over Pgh

Ok, THAT's freaking amazing.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanhatesthis/violinsane-in-the-membrane

Roger Frisch is a world-class violinist and a few years ago he developed an essential tremor in his hands, which is a problem if you use your hands to make a living.
enhanced-7480-1408122412-6.png

View this image ›
youtube.com / Via everydayhealth.com
2. One of the best treatments available for essential tremors is a procedure called deep brain stimulation, which involves sending electrical impulses into the brain. And that’s why Frisch was asked to bring his violin to the operating room last Spring.
enhanced-15889-1408122398-20.png

View this image ›
3. Frisch’s tremor was mild and surgeons worried they might put the stimulating electrodes in the wrong part of his brain. So they had him play while they operated.
enhanced-18703-1408122397-6.png

View this image ›
4. Frisch’s violin bow was hooked up to an accelerometer, which then sent data into a computer letting the surgical team know if they were hitting the right part of his thalamus. If his tremble lessened as he was playing, then they knew they found the spot.
enhanced-27429-1408122411-1.png

View this image ›
5. The team at the Mayo Clinic, where Frisch had his operation, built the accelerometer just for the treatment and it paid off. Surgeons successfully found the right area of Frisch’s thalamus.
enhanced-19986-1408122398-10.png

View this image ›
6. They hooked the electrodes up to Frisch’s brain, which are now connected to a pack he wears with a button that stimulates the thalamus.
enhanced-21969-1408122405-7.png

View this image ›
7. Frisch, complete with his pocket brain stimulator, played a show three weeks later and in a followup interview he said the tremors are now nonexistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom