Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Oy. Disney has now published navigation tips for DTD. :(

dtdddd5535111-613x279.jpg

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
A guy I work with brought his Jetta to the dealership NINE times because the tail light kept going out. You know what worked every time he brought it in? The tail light. It took nine times for them to find the loose wire.

We are having that issue with my DH Escape and that nasty dash light intermittently never goes off at the dealership.

acishere

A guy I work with brought his Jetta to the dealership NINE times because the tail light kept going out. You know what worked every time he brought it in? The tail light. It took nine times for them to find the loose wire.
Yeah they just checked the car's computer when I brought it in because I was in a hurry. If I get home tonight and my gauge still says full, I'm taking it back because I noticed it has not moved down at all and I should have consumed at least a quarter of the tank by now.

NYwdwfan

Yeah they just checked the car's computer when I brought it in because I was in a hurry. If I get home tonight and my gauge still says full, I'm taking it back because I noticed it has not moved down at all and I should have consumed at least a quarter of the tank by now.

We had that problem with our old boat once. It's pretty scary being out in the water and hearing hubby say, "well, I think we have enough gas to get back".

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I'd like to hear why? :)

A few reasons but keep in mind I have never been with children before, just my wife and I. One, I think the adult district on the Fantasy (Europa) has much better theming than on the Dream. La Piazza was our favorite pre-dinner hangout, which does not exist on the Dream. Also, the Fantasy has the extra adult pool area, satellite falls. Finally, I thought the shows on the Fantasy were better, but this may be an unfair comparison because the Fantasy runs 7 nights, so there are a lot more shows than on the Dream.

With all that being said, the Dream is still an amazing ship as well in my opinion.

Soarin' Over Pgh

It's normal. It kind of feels like you are doing something wrong when you give your boss two weeks notice. But that will pass quickly and you will soon be on your way to a better things. Congrats!

Thanks! One week, actually.

And I think he knows, because he's been a donkey to me all morning. :(

I did take a call from a company verifying my employment, but they want to talk to him. Obviously, I'd rather talk to him FIRST, so I took a message.

My nerves are shot.

Cronut Guy invents new dessert. Stuffed Lobster Pretzel.

rs_560x444-140807100506-1024.-pretzel-lobster-tail.jpg

BucIDasIAAAy84q.jpg:large

It's a pretzel through and through, with bits stuffed with buttercrunch brittle and housemade peanut butter. The 'tail' is sprinkled with Maldon salt.

Holy schmokes. I don't even like seafood let alone lobster but I'd eat the hell out of that. Pretzel, homemade peanut butter? I'll take two.

Just remember, you eat the elephant one bite at a time! Follow that and you'll be through all the hurdles in no time!!!! Oh, and CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! :happy:

Thank you!! I'm so nervous about giving him *short* notice, and talking to him in general (again, he's been a donkey all day) that I'm feeling kinda panicked. Trying to calm down... will probably take an anti-anxiety pill before I do talk to him at the end of the day.

Did a shark fin pop out of the water the moment he finished that sentence?

I LOL'd in my office.

And that almost always happens. Also, when you realllllly have to pee and you're stuck in traffic, there's guaranteed to be someone pouring a drink out of their window, a waterfall, and a hurricane-like rainfall when you can't get to a bathroom (or tree or bush). Never. Fails.

Happened to me on the Jersey turnpike. Longest HOUR of my life.

PeterAlt

There are plans to bring a lightrail service directly to Disneyland. Anaheim and DL have an agreement that when Disney builds it's next parking structure (or expansion of existing) a light rail station will be built into it. There's huge tax incentives for all parties involved, so it'll likely happen. Which is great, because parking and driving around that area sucks. Which brings me to my next point...

You've GOT TO account and allow for traffic. Seriously. Traffic in California starts at 7 AM and ends somewhere around 8 PM. It's an ongoing nightmare tangle of cars for a good part of the day. I think, like Minnie said, you're trying to cram too much in. Take it easy. Pick the absolutely "must sees" and save the rest for another trip.

THAT'S HILARIOUS. Sad for our oceans, but hilarious that there's a sea of rubber duckies floating out there.

I'd have to advice against this. It sounds like you're trying to not miss a single minute of your time in CA and I totally get that, because I do the same sometimes, but you have to allow for a little down time. Get a hotel room. If nothing else, your stuff will be safe inside. You never know if you're gonna eat something that doesn't agree with you (its happened!) or you suddenly feel ill (also happened) or maybe you just want a few hours naptime between running like a nut.

Exactly. No hotel will hold luggage for you if you're not staying there, and to find a place to stash it is foolish and very unwise, unless you don't like your stuff then go for it.
Thats why I'm also considering a hostel. They have lockers and it's real cheap. I don't need a whole suite for myself during the days I will likely be out mostly!

Yes, I'm familiar with the light rail you mentioned. It's a street car trolly that will be built, not light rail. It will go to the Metrolink/Amtrak station I mentioned. Still, no direct Long Beach to Anaheim service after this is built.

I see there is a lot of good advise for me about studio tours in the other thread. Had no idea about Warner and totally forgot about Television City...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom