Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarWarsGirl

img_1954.jpg

I'd like to go on a hidden kitty hunt at Disneyland
Me too. :cat:

StarWarsGirl

More good school news: I switched a class so that on Mondays and Wednesdays, I don't start until noon, and I rearranged so that on Tuesdays and Thursdays, I don't start until 11. And still with the professors I wanted. And I just finished buying books for another class, and it cost me under $40. So far, 3 classes, $60 in books.

PeterAlt

I'm enjoying reading about all the planning you're doing for your California trip. Between your trip planning, and @StarWarsGirl95 up-to-the-minute, fun Disney trip reports on this thread, the two of you are keeping the forum lively! We can all live vicariously through other people's vacations! :happy:

Peter, it seems like you're trying to cram in a lot, in a relatively short time; and that's fine if you like that kind of fast pace. My only thought to share with you is to allow for transportation delays at times. Even if you research and plan a perfect timetable, sometimes systems can have unexpected interruptions.
I already decided to cut Vegas out of the itinerary. Not enough time! I've decided on the principle of staying in the LA area while in S. Cali. I can go points north, central, or south with no problem and no need to rent a car.

I decided against Universal. I read everything on their website. Not worth spending a day when I only have 3 in that area.

I'm seriously considering Six Flags Magic Mountain and the water park there... Could use some thrills!

San Francisco has so much night life that literally goes on until sunrise! I'm considering NOT getting a hotel when I arrive there at 10:45 PM and just staying up all night (I can sleep on the plane ride there from Florida). I'm considering doing the same thing on my last day there (a Saturday) and staying up all night in San Francisco and sleeping on the plane ride back to Florida. The only problem I need to solve is what to do with my luggage while I'm clubbing and staying up all night.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I already decided to cut Vegas out of the itinerary. Not enough time! I've decided on the principle of staying in the LA area while in S. Cali. I can go points north, central, or south with no problem and no need to rent a car.

I decided against Universal. I read everything on their website. Not worth spending a day when I only have 3 in that area.

I'm seriously considering Six Flags Magic Mountain and the water park there... Could use some thrills!

San Francisco has so much night life that literally goes on until sunrise! I'm considering NOT getting a hotel when I arrive there at 10:45 PM and just staying up all night (I can sleep on the plane ride there from Florida). I'm considering doing the same thing on my last day there (a Saturday) and staying up all night in San Francisco and sleeping on the plane ride back to Florida. The only problem I need to solve is what to do with my luggage while I'm clubbing and staying up all night.

It's great that you have so many fun options. No wonder you're excited for this trip! :joyfull:

The only wrinkle is the luggage issue. Without a hotel room reservation somewhere, I don't know where you could safely stash your luggage. You'll be in an unfamiliar city, and the chances of finding some "hidden" spot is unlikely. Things like lockers at bus stations, airports, etc. pretty much went away after 9/11. And, even if you tried to tip a doorman at a club to put it aside for you, chances are they have insurance (liability) rules that won't allow them to hold luggage or a duffel bag. Unless you had a friend out there who could hold it for you, I'm not sure about any alternatives. You're probably a lot more resourceful than I am, but if it was me, I'd just bite the bullet and find a reasonably priced motel. Again, that's just me only. I have this thing about peace of mind, particularly when traveling in unknown surroundings.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Good morning, Sagateers! Hey, I got an email about D23 convention for 2015 from Disney! I've never received any emails from them before about this event in Anaheim. I'm happy for the West Coast fans. I only wish they had one out here on the East Coast. I guess this event is one of those "bucket list" things to do eventually . . .:)

Soarin' Over Pgh

Okay, I figured out how to get to Anaheim from Long Beach on the cheap! Looking at Google Maps, I see Long Beach is connected to the Greater LA area and its public transportation network via light rail. So, the answer is simple, take the light rail to a connecting transit line to the nearest Metrolink station. Metrolink is a commuter rail that runs from Tijuana up north through the LA metropolitan area. I can then take a Metrolink train to Anaheim. The city of Anaheim provides transportation from the Metrolink station to Disneyland. They need to build a light rail from Long Beach to Anaheim! I'm surprised they have a light rail line from Long Beach to LA - which is a much greater distance - but not to Anaheim!

There are plans to bring a lightrail service directly to Disneyland. Anaheim and DL have an agreement that when Disney builds it's next parking structure (or expansion of existing) a light rail station will be built into it. There's huge tax incentives for all parties involved, so it'll likely happen. Which is great, because parking and driving around that area sucks. Which brings me to my next point...

Peter, it seems like you're trying to cram in a lot, in a relatively short time; and that's fine if you like that kind of fast pace. My only thought to share with you is to allow for transportation delays at times. Even if you research and plan a perfect timetable, sometimes systems can have unexpected interruptions.

You've GOT TO account and allow for traffic. Seriously. Traffic in California starts at 7 AM and ends somewhere around 8 PM. It's an ongoing nightmare tangle of cars for a good part of the day. I think, like Minnie said, you're trying to cram too much in. Take it easy. Pick the absolutely "must sees" and save the rest for another trip.

Maybe a sea box of Elsas went overboard. In an average year over 10,000 of the boxes go overboard and sink to the bottom of the ocean.
images
th
Rubber_Duck_Sea_by_whispering_hills.jpg

In 1992 a shipment of 28,000 rubber duckies went overboard and they are still floating out there 22 years later.

THAT'S HILARIOUS. Sad for our oceans, but hilarious that there's a sea of rubber duckies floating out there.

I'd have to advice against this. It sounds like you're trying to not miss a single minute of your time in CA and I totally get that, because I do the same sometimes, but you have to allow for a little down time. Get a hotel room. If nothing else, your stuff will be safe inside. You never know if you're gonna eat something that doesn't agree with you (its happened!) or you suddenly feel ill (also happened) or maybe you just want a few hours naptime between running like a nut.

It's great that you have so many fun options. No wonder you're excited for this trip! :joyfull:

The only wrinkle is the luggage issue. Without a hotel room reservation somewhere, I don't know where you could safely stash your luggage. You'll be in an unfamiliar city, and the chances of finding some "hidden" spot is unlikely. Things like lockers at bus stations, airports, etc. pretty much went away after 9/11. And, even if you tried to tip a doorman at a club to put it aside for you, chances are they have insurance (liability) rules that won't allow them to hold luggage or a duffel bag. Unless you had a friend out there who could hold it for you, I'm not sure about any alternatives. You're probably a lot more resourceful than I am, but if it was me, I'd just bite the bullet and find a reasonably priced motel. Again, that's just me only. I have this thing about peace of mind, particularly when traveling in unknown surroundings.

Exactly. No hotel will hold luggage for you if you're not staying there, and to find a place to stash it is foolish and very unwise, unless you don't like your stuff then go for it.

Soarin' Over Pgh

On another note... I got the official word that I've cleared pee-in-a-cup test, my background check, reference check all came back clear (just waiting for FBI clearance but I don't have a history and have never been arrested, so that should be clear) and I've got the job!

I'm giving my boss notice today. Of one week. Which is better than nothing.

I have orientation on Monday, so I won't be at this job then. Give him three full days to stew on it.

EEEE! So excited. Trying to keep calm and carry on, but squealing inside.

Also I may or may not have eaten cake and ice cream for breakfast.

NYwdwfan

On another note... I got the official word that I've cleared pee-in-a-cup test, my background check, reference check all came back clear (just waiting for FBI clearance but I don't have a history and have never been arrested, so that should be clear) and I've got the job!

I'm giving my boss notice today. Of one week. Which is better than nothing.

I have orientation on Monday, so I won't be at this job then. Give him three full days to stew on it.

EEEE! So excited. Trying to keep calm and carry on, but squealing inside.

Also I may or may not have eaten cake and ice cream for breakfast.

Congratulations!! Close one chapter and open another. And don't look back. :)

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
More good school news: I switched a class so that on Mondays and Wednesdays, I don't start until noon, and I rearranged so that on Tuesdays and Thursdays, I don't start until 11. And still with the professors I wanted. And I just finished buying books for another class, and it cost me under $40. So far, 3 classes, $60 in books.

Love how that is shaping up for you!

The internet has been a blessing for college students buying books. Saved my DD tons. Follett's completely pulled out of their sight at DDs University and for the last few years were only selling over the top expensive clothing and wares. They reminded me of Borders, not adjusting their business model to the changing times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom