Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Okay, I figured out how to get to Anaheim from Long Beach on the cheap! Looking at Google Maps, I see Long Beach is connected to the Greater LA area and its public transportation network via light rail. So, the answer is simple, take the light rail to a connecting transit line to the nearest Metrolink station. Metrolink is a commuter rail that runs from Tijuana up north through the LA metropolitan area. I can then take a Metrolink train to Anaheim. The city of Anaheim provides transportation from the Metrolink station to Disneyland. They need to build a light rail from Long Beach to Anaheim! I'm surprised they have a light rail line from Long Beach to LA - which is a much greater distance - but not to Anaheim!
UPDATE - checking Google Maps, I see there is a bus running from Long Beach to Anaheim for $3-something. You know how much I hate buses... Lol

The Metrorail Blue is a light rail that runs from Long Beach to downtown LA. From downtown LA, I can catch a Metrolink commuter train to Anaheim. It's a much longer trip that requires several transfers.

Here's the deal, I can take the light rail blue to downtown, get a hotel in that area, fill my itinerary with things in that area for the days of 8/27 and 8/28, spending the night of 8/27 (and maybe 8/28) in that area. On either the night of 8/28 or the morning of 8/29, I can then take the Metrolink commuter train from downtown LA to Anaheim and spending the day at DL. Or I could just stay at downtown LA the whole time, taking Metrolink back and forth to Anaheim on the 28th, leaving the 27th and 29th free to explore Greater LA...

What did Google Maps tell you about the safety and security of tourists mapping out a trip like this or the neighborhood you are choosing a hotel in?

I know if you are flying into Midway and heading to DTChicago loop the last thing you want to do hop a bus looking like a tourist, walking at night or considering a hotel between the two destination. There are areas of Long Beach and LA that are....struggling for words....be careful.

And for connecting LA to Anaheim, there are obvious reasons why Anaheim would not welcome that. Overall a pretty nice area.

MOXOMUMD

happy_sun_in_the_pool_poster-r6345f7ef4ddd489bb01b8acd25ddc39a_j3n_8byvr_512.jpg
I wish that was me today but it's too darn cold! (teeth chattering)

PeterAlt

What did Google Maps tell you about the safety and security of tourists mapping out a trip like this or the neighborhood you are choosing a hotel in?

I know if you are flying into Midway and heading to DTChicago loop the last thing you want to do hop a bus looking like a tourist, walking at night or considering a hotel between the two destination. There are areas of Long Beach and LA that are....struggling for words....be careful.

And for connecting LA to Anaheim, there are obvious reasons why Anaheim would not welcome that. Overall a pretty nice area.
Still researching... LA is connected to Anaheim via Metrolink (commuter rail). Long Beach is connected to LA via Metrorail Blue (light rail). There is no rail connecting Long Beach to Anaheim. That is what I suggested.

Safety is always a priority. My plan will thoroughly research the safety aspect of every detail of it.

Wrangler-Rick

Just Horsing Around…
Premium Member
What Character Would You Play In A Disney Movie?
You got: The Hero

1. The only thing bigger than your muscles is your heart, because you’re here to save the day. Like Hercules or Buzz & Woody, you aren’t just a good friend, but a champion for the forces of good. A big bad villain may try and stop you, but at the end of the day, you’re going to make sure there is a happy ending.

seahawk7

http://www.buzzfeed.com/samstryker/the-most-magical-quiz-on-earth#3q37o5w

The quiz is called "What Character would you play in a Disney movie?"

You got: The Princess
You’re more than just a pretty face in a cute dress — you’ve got a big heart and aren’t afraid to tackle a challenge. Just like Belle or Ariel, you know what you want in life, and you’ll do anything to get it. Nothing — not even the forces of evil — can stop you!
anigif_e4e305a6bdb6eb28d354faa370d92b3a-10.gif
I got funny animal.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Woof! Where did my lunch hour go...?!?!?! o_O :confused:
Have a happy, gang...!!!
I are ouuuuuuuttt...!!!!! :)

happy_dog-other.jpg

a.baa-Happy-dog-.jpg

;) :)

Those are two of the cutest doggies! Seeing them just put a big smile on my face. I got home late from work today because bus was a no show, and the 2nd bus was 25 minutes late. :( I was feeling grumpy when I came home, but these pictures made me happy! I have a big grin on my face now! :D

StarWarsGirl

Okay, last June, I wanted an Elsa doll (like Barbie Doll size). I collect them and really wanted one. In June I couldn't find them anywhere. I looked in all of the gift shops. Even Norway's Frozen area didn't have one. I looked again during this trip. Couldn't find one. I finally made a special trip to Oaken's yesterday and got one. After dinner today, we had a Maelstrom FP. I decided to walk into the Frozen gift shop. And of course, what did they have? The Elsa dolls that I wanted. :banghead:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
UPDATE - checking Google Maps, I see there is a bus running from Long Beach to Anaheim for $3-something. You know how much I hate buses... Lol

The Metrorail Blue is a light rail that runs from Long Beach to downtown LA. From downtown LA, I can catch a Metrolink commuter train to Anaheim. It's a much longer trip that requires several transfers.

Here's the deal, I can take the light rail blue to downtown, get a hotel in that area, fill my itinerary with things in that area for the days of 8/27 and 8/28, spending the night of 8/27 (and maybe 8/28) in that area. On either the night of 8/28 or the morning of 8/29, I can then take the Metrolink commuter train from downtown LA to Anaheim and spending the day at DL. Or I could just stay at downtown LA the whole time, taking Metrolink back and forth to Anaheim on the 28th, leaving the 27th and 29th free to explore Greater LA...

I'm enjoying reading about all the planning you're doing for your California trip. Between your trip planning, and @StarWarsGirl95 up-to-the-minute, fun Disney trip reports on this thread, the two of you are keeping the forum lively! We can all live vicariously through other people's vacations! :happy:

Peter, it seems like you're trying to cram in a lot, in a relatively short time; and that's fine if you like that kind of fast pace. My only thought to share with you is to allow for transportation delays at times. Even if you research and plan a perfect timetable, sometimes systems can have unexpected interruptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom