Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soarin' Over Pgh

http://www.buzzfeed.com/samstryker/the-most-magical-quiz-on-earth#3q37o5w

The quiz is called "What Character would you play in a Disney movie?"

You got: The Princess
You’re more than just a pretty face in a cute dress — you’ve got a big heart and aren’t afraid to tackle a challenge. Just like Belle or Ariel, you know what you want in life, and you’ll do anything to get it. Nothing — not even the forces of evil — can stop you!
anigif_e4e305a6bdb6eb28d354faa370d92b3a-10.gif

PeterAlt

Alan Freed was an interesting dude despite the way his relatively short life and career ended. A man in many ways ahead of his time. He died in his early 40's. My niece being from Cleveland actually wrote a paper on him a few years back. Go back and look at the dates of Freed's brief career, do the math and see how old your Dad would have actually have been. Bette went to college only briefly and that was also in Hawaii. I understand you don't want your Dad to think you are doubting him, you are wise as you start to ponder some of the 'ole day stories to tread slowly and respectfully.
He was born June 1943, so that make him... 71. My mom is 5 years younger. I remember my dad talking about Bette Midler and saying that wasn't her real name. He said what her real name was and it sounded very Jewish (I don't remember what it was). I'll ask later today.

trr1

I was to someone at work today that my tomatoes aren't turning red.

Then I got home, and had ten lbs of tomatoes to pick. That'll teach me to complain! (I was worried the cold would stop them from turning red. I still have dozens of green ones and many orange y ones still growing...I worry those ones won't make it)

All shapes and sizes. The perfectly round ones are the sweetest and the oddball shaped ones have a tart bite to them. They're all delicious.

I made a tomato-corn-onion-cilantro-lemon juice salsa and it was fantastic. Still have nine lbs of tomatoes. Some are going to work with me tomorrow :)
this might help

Storing Tomatoes in Newspaper
At the end of the gardening season last year I had many green tomatoes. I wrapped them in pieces of newspaper and stored them in a brown paper bag in my basement. I kept them in the dark and they not only ripened over the winter but stored very well.
8470109208_3de5544dc5.jpg

Here are a few of the last tomatoes that I just unwrapped today. They have been stored in the newspaper for 4 months. As you can see they look pretty good. Some of the skins are a bit wrinkled but these tomatoes tasted great in my green salad today.
Storing Details:
Wrap only about 2 green tomatoes in each piece of newspaper loosely. Place each wrapped newspaper bundle in a brown paper bag. I was able to put quite a few bundles of wrapped tomatoes in the paper bag. Close the bag and keep it in the dark. Storing in the basement worked well for me.
Check the tomatoes in a few weeks or as needed. Remove the red ripened tomatoes. Re-wrap the green tomatoes and put them back into the brown paper bag until ripe or when you need a tomato.
Conclusion:
Green tomatoes can be saved, stored, and ripened over the winter for future use.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I bleed Cubbie Blue but since they can't seem to field a team to head to the World Series I will celebrate the young Chicago little league team that against all odds is heading to the World Series.

MOXOMUMD

He was born June 1943, so that make him... 71. My mom is 5 years younger. I remember my dad talking about Bette Midler and saying that wasn't her real name. He said what her real name was and it sounded very Jewish (I don't remember what it was). I'll ask later today.
Her real name is Bette Midler named after Bette Davis, she changed the pronunciation from bet-tee to bet.

PeterAlt

More trip planning to do today...

- Thinking of not staying at a hotel the night of Sat. 8/30 in San Francisco and staying up all night at clubs and after hour parties, Starbucks in the morning, and sleeping on the plane home Sunday morning. There are plenty of clubs there upon to like 6am. The question of what to do with my luggage while I'm clubbing is yet to be answered. Can I rent a locker? Or maybe backpack and carry it with me? I may do the same for the night of Monday 8/25 when I arrive in San Francisco, sleeping on the plane.

- I need to research hotels in the Long Beach/Anaheim area and car rentals. I'll look into the hotel @StarWarsGirl95 recommended. If it has transportation from/to the airport as well as DLR that would be the icing on the cake and I won't need a car rental. I'll look to see if I can find hotels with shuttles to/from both the airport and DLR.

- Jet Blue has $45 one-way flights to Las Vegas from Long Beach. Maybe I will fill one of the empty days in SoCal deviating to Las Vegas. I don't gamble, so I would spend the day joy riding the people movers and monorail and walking through the resorts!

- Other options include Magic Mountain and Universal.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR

Yeah, and Freeds career all but ended in the late 50's on the East Coast, making your Dad at that time around 14 or 15? He was dead in 1965. Bette as far as I know was born Bette Midler named for Bette Davis and yes was raised Jewish in Hawaii, it will be an easy Google search when I get to my laptop, a bit tougher on my iPhone, maybe your Dad is correct and I am wrong about Midler being a family name. Can't say until I look it up.

Lucky

You’re more than just a pretty face in a cute dress — you’ve got a big heart and aren’t afraid to tackle a challenge. Just like Belle or Ariel, you know what you want in life, and you’ll do anything to get it. Nothing — not even the forces of evil — can stop you!

Same for me - but they got the cute dress thing wrong.

PeterAlt

Last night I was chatting with the girl I met through one of the social networks about my trip. She lives in SoCal and wants to go with me to Disneyland. The clincher is she doesn't want to meet me there. She wants me to rent a car and take her there and take her back the next day. It's so temping but I barely know her! What should I do? As of now, I'm just entertaining the thought...

EDIT - she said she would pay 100% for her way including transportation.

EDIT - I shouldn't. If she met me at DL, then that would be different. Right?

EDIT - Yeah, I just talked myself out of it. Something doesn't sound right if she won't meet me at least in Anaheim.

Last edited:

MOXOMUMD

http://www.buzzfeed.com/samstryker/the-most-magical-quiz-on-earth#3q37o5w

The quiz is called "What Character would you play in a Disney movie?"

I got "You'd be a perfect Sassy Sidekick."

Lucky

You got: The Funny Animal

You may not be human, but that just means you are all the more awesome! Like Timon & Pumbaa or Flounder, you’re a burst of energy and an incredible friend. But more important, without you, there would be no happily ever after.

I think that would have fit me better.

I love the line in Shrek (2?) when Donkey tells Puss-in-Boots "I'm sorry, the position of annoying talking animal has already been taken."

Last edited:

Soarin' Over Pgh

How did you get the name Beef Supreme? It sounds like a name for a chihuaua. :D

It's a nod to a character in the movie "Idiocracy" which is not a comedy, it's a prophecy (I believe someone on our board has this as their signature, and it's very true) :)

this might help

Storing Tomatoes in Newspaper
At the end of the gardening season last year I had many green tomatoes. I wrapped them in pieces of newspaper and stored them in a brown paper bag in my basement. I kept them in the dark and they not only ripened over the winter but stored very well.
8470109208_3de5544dc5.jpg

Here are a few of the last tomatoes that I just unwrapped today. They have been stored in the newspaper for 4 months. As you can see they look pretty good. Some of the skins are a bit wrinkled but these tomatoes tasted great in my green salad today.
Storing Details:
Wrap only about 2 green tomatoes in each piece of newspaper loosely. Place each wrapped newspaper bundle in a brown paper bag. I was able to put quite a few bundles of wrapped tomatoes in the paper bag. Close the bag and keep it in the dark. Storing in the basement worked well for me.
Check the tomatoes in a few weeks or as needed. Remove the red ripened tomatoes. Re-wrap the green tomatoes and put them back into the brown paper bag until ripe or when you need a tomato.
Conclusion:
Green tomatoes can be saved, stored, and ripened over the winter for future use.

I would LOVE to have 'fresh' tomatoes in the winter. FAB!! Thank you!!

You got: The Funny Animal

You may not be human, but that just means you are all the more awesome! Like Timon & Pumbaa or Flounder, you’re a burst of energy and an incredible friend. But more important, without you, there would be no happily ever after.

I always knew you were a warthog :inlove:

donaldtoo

Our schools all have A/C Elementary & High School, who I feel for is these college students. Most of the dorms at my DD University didn't have A/C. One of the criteria for picking a dorm back in her Freshman year was A/C and close to the Quad and not a notorious party dorm or 'arts' dorm. The dorms with A/C were $850 more than those without A/C, worth every penny in Central Illinois which drips with humidity.

Actually, I was just referrin' about them havin' to go back to school when it's still all summery out. :( ;) :)
happy_sun_in_the_pool_poster-r6345f7ef4ddd489bb01b8acd25ddc39a_j3n_8byvr_512.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom