Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

donaldtoo

Yes please.

http://www.onekindesign.com/2014/06/13/50-ridiculously-amazing-modern-indoor-pools/

Modern-Indoor-Pools-06-1-Kindesign.jpg

Modern-Indoor-Pools-12-1-Kindesign.jpg

Yep, those are sweeeeeeet! :)
We've designed a few homes with indoor pools over the years, but, there really isn't much call for that kind of thing down 'round these parts. ;)

donaldtoo

I was to someone at work today that my tomatoes aren't turning red.

Then I got home, and had ten lbs of tomatoes to pick. That'll teach me to complain! (I was worried the cold would stop them from turning red. I still have dozens of green ones and many orange y ones still growing...I worry those ones won't make it)

All shapes and sizes. The perfectly round ones are the sweetest and the oddball shaped ones have a tart bite to them. They're all delicious.

I made a tomato-corn-onion-cilantro-lemon juice salsa and it was fantastic. Still have nine lbs of tomatoes. Some are going to work with me tomorrow :)

VERY nice!!!!! :joyfull:
YUM-O-LICIOUS!!! :hungry:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Nothin' like bein' in school instead a' the pool...! :D ;) :)

Our schools all have A/C Elementary & High School, who I feel for is these college students. Most of the dorms at my DD University didn't have A/C. One of the criteria for picking a dorm back in her Freshman year was A/C and close to the Quad and not a notorious party dorm or 'arts' dorm. The dorms with A/C were $850 more than those without A/C, worth every penny in Central Illinois which drips with humidity.

StarWarsGirl

Our schools all have A/C Elementary & High School, who I feel for is these college students. Most of the dorms at my DD University didn't have A/C. One of the criteria for picking a dorm back in her Freshman year was A/C and close to the Quad and not a notorious party dorm or 'arts' dorm. The dorms with A/C were $850 more than those without A/C, worth every penny in Central Illinois which drips with humidity.
Nice thing about school with newer buildings: air conditioning. All of the buildings have it. Even the older ones.

StarWarsGirl

A solo day at DHS was just what I needed. Sometimes, although I love and appreciate my parents, some separation is needed, otherwise we drive each other crazy. Getting to do what I want without the influence of others is always nice. It also helped get my mind off the Robin Williams thing so I wasn't feeling quite so sad reading about it. But then watching Fantasmic this evening (after we regrouped) and seeing the Genie suddenly brought it all back. I still enjoyed it, but it was like a stab in the heart again.

After this happened, I wake up every morning and read the news, and I just want it to not be true, to just wake up and see that he's done a part on the Tonight Show or that he's working on a new film. But that's not going to happen.

I've already cried quite a bit. I think once I get home, I'll cry even more when I have more privacy. I'll watch his movies. Until then, I'll do my best to feel a little better.

If so many of us feel this way, those who never met him, and grieve for him like this, I can only imagine the terrible grief his family must be going through.

Sorry to bring this up on this thraed again, but I think we're all feeling rather down about this. I only hope that maybe something good comes from all of this.

PeterAlt

It was the quote about your dad dating The Divine Miss M in high school. She was born and raised in Hawaii and went school there, attending U of Hawaii. (Biography is a great program.) That would would make your family having to be from Hawaii if he dated her in high school.
Bette Midler didn't come from NY? I'll have to ask him about that.

PeterAlt

Interesting...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Bandstand
The only person to ever co-host the show with Dick Clark was Donna Summer, who joined him to present a special episode dedicated to the release of the Casablanca film Thank God It's Friday on 27 May 1978.​
I'll ask. He probably didn't mean actually host but involved in the show somehow in front of the camera, like one of the dancers or something. I just looked up that Wikipedia article and it said the show was staged briefly in Manhattan (under a different name) during the 50's. Maybe that's when he was on the show. I'll still ask him later today.

Last edited:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Bette Midler didn't come from NY? I'll have to ask him about that.

She did however move to NY shortly after college.

Personal questions here and don't feel pressure to answer, how old is your Dad? It isn't unusual for some older folk to start confusing things, their stories being different from reality but in their own minds genuinely believing the stories themselves. They ramble on about the past and believe to be true. You might ask him and still get the same answer or something equally as creative. You might want to look at some of the facts in his stories and fact check them. Something might be up with his health that is just surfacing. Maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom