Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterAlt

She did however move to NY shortly after college.

Personal questions here and don't feel pressure to answer, how old is your Dad? It isn't unusual for some older folk to start confusing things, their stories being different from reality but in their own minds genuinely believing the stories. They ramble on about the past and believe are true. You might ask him and still get the same answer or something equally as creative. You might want to look at some of the facts in his stories and fact check them. Something might be up with his health that is just surfacing. Maybe.
He's been saying these things for years... And with my mom there too, not questioning it. My dad just turned 70. I'll ask about American Bandstand first because that he brings up every time a 50's song is on. I'll wait on the Bette Midler question for later so that it doesn't look like I'm doubt him. He might mean he knew her in college. It's possible I don't have my facts straight, since I roll my eyes and stop listening every time he talks about it.

MOXOMUMD

Daisy's middle name is Beef Supreme.

...It was the best compromise we could come up with. I/we were originally going to give Daze an elegant Greek name but then I saw this little tiny puppy and I squealed "OMG SHES A DAISY" and that was the end of that.

But she does ham quite a lot. She knows she's cute. :)
How did you get the name Beef Supreme? It sounds like a name for a chihuaua. :D

seahawk7

I was to someone at work today that my tomatoes aren't turning red.

Then I got home, and had ten lbs of tomatoes to pick. That'll teach me to complain! (I was worried the cold would stop them from turning red. I still have dozens of green ones and many orange y ones still growing...I worry those ones won't make it)

All shapes and sizes. The perfectly round ones are the sweetest and the oddball shaped ones have a tart bite to them. They're all delicious.

I made a tomato-corn-onion-cilantro-lemon juice salsa and it was fantastic. Still have nine lbs of tomatoes. Some are going to work with me tomorrow :)
Get some mozzarella cheese, balsamic vinegar, and fresh basil and make caprese---yum

StarWarsGirl

Trip update:

As you all know, yesterdayy was "Check out the Frozen stuff!" day. So I watched the parade at 11, did the sing along at 12:30, and went ice skating at 2:30. The parade was nice, but too short. The sing along was corny and fun. Loved every second of it. I actually liked their system. You wait in line for the show return card. You can ask
for the time you want and are guaranteed a spot. I don't think it'll work for shows like Fantasmic, but it sure beat waiting in line and just hoping to get in. If there were undistributed show cards, they would let a limited number of guests in. I got a really good spot because of being alone. They put me in an empty end seat up close.

Ice skating was great. As I have said before, I have never been, so it was a great experience for my first time ice skating. I think that there were enough people for whom this was a first that they should have given a brief lesson.

In between, I managed to ride Star Tours twice and TofT once (standby was 20 minutes; it was not crowded over there yesterday.) When I met up with my parents, we used our TSM FP and the DAS to get a time for RnRc.

Dinner was at Prime Time. Food was good as usual, but the service was too quick. We were still eating our appetizers when they brought our entrees, and then offered dessert before we finished our entrees. Those are my dad's two pet peeves. The waiter was nice enough but seemed overworked. My dad talked to the manager. They gave is a FP for anything in the park. We rode TSM again. Then we went over and hit TofT and RnRC. Because of Frozen fireworks, the RnRC wait dropped to 10 minutes. We rode it twice. Then we saw the second Fantasmic show (obviously no Frozen fireworks, but we saw them last week). Not a lot of people there. We didn't get there particularly early and got excellent seats. And no dumb preshow! I had noticed back in January, and my mom noticed this trip (they didn't see Fantasmic during their trip) how excellent everything looks, the new barges for the princesses, the lasers. The water projections could be upgraded though.

Last edited:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
@Gabe1 - I just asked him. He said it was the Alan Freed Show and Soul Train that he was on and American Bandstand was his competitor.

Alan Freed was an interesting dude despite the way his relatively short life and career ended. A man in many ways ahead of his time. He died in his early 40's. My niece being from Cleveland actually wrote a paper on him a few years back. Go back and look at the dates of Freed's brief career, do the math and see how old your Dad would have actually have been. Bette went to college only briefly and that was also in Hawaii. I understand you don't want your Dad to think you are doubting him, you are wise as you start to ponder some of the 'ole day stories to tread slowly and respectfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom