Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MOXOMUMD

By the way, do you all know the story about why Robin Williams did all that work for the Disney company?

Here's the story, in case you don't know it...

At ABC, when Mork and Mindy was on the air, Williams built a personal relationship with then-head of-nightly-prime-time-programming Michael Eisner.

After Eisner became CEO of Disney, he searched high and wide for talent to work at the various Disney divisions. He contacted all the people he made friends with at both ABC and Paramount. Among those were Robin Williams, Bette Midler (who, by the way, dated my father in high school), and George Lucas, among others. (A side note - My father used to co-host American Band Stand with Dick Clark.)

Any way, when Eisner contacted Williams, he had been off Hollywood's radar for a long time. Addicted to cocaine and gone through rehab, he was unable to find new work - until Eisner called.

Eisner rehabilitated his career, landing him in Good Morning Vietnam, and much, much more...
You're from Hawaii?

Soarin' Over Pgh

Can't speak for anyone else, but I spent almost 2 hours gutting, purging, and scrubbing my pantry and fridge. Proof:

View attachment 61861

View attachment 61863

Oooooo. English and Canadian languages! Lovely packaging.

OK who else spent 5 minutes examining the French labels in the pantry?

Guilty. :oops:

Don't you get circulars in the mail such as weekly supermaket savings/coupons, various catalogs, and local ads from politicians? You could use those if you crunched up some pages and put them in your shoes to help them to dry. It doesn't have to be an actual newspaper. :)

I so but they go right into my neighbors recycle bin...along with empty Pepsi cans and other stuff bees like to hang out around...stuff I don't wanna touch to get paper!

Odd person out here as usual—I'm loving this cooler summer.!! It's the best summer ever, so nice and comfortable. (Question: Will this sentiment get me banned from the Sagateer thread?! :p )

I don't like it. I'm not fond of cold weather and this feels like October. If there's anything I hate more than snow and ice and cold, it's socks and sweaters and jackets. :cautious: But that's ok that you're enjoying it.

I won't hold it against you. This time. :cool:

Soarin' Over Pgh

I was to someone at work today that my tomatoes aren't turning red.

Then I got home, and had ten lbs of tomatoes to pick. That'll teach me to complain! (I was worried the cold would stop them from turning red. I still have dozens of green ones and many orange y ones still growing...I worry those ones won't make it)

All shapes and sizes. The perfectly round ones are the sweetest and the oddball shaped ones have a tart bite to them. They're all delicious.

I made a tomato-corn-onion-cilantro-lemon juice salsa and it was fantastic. Still have nine lbs of tomatoes. Some are going to work with me tomorrow :)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Daisy, being silly this morning.

I call this face "giving teeth" ..she has an underbite... And sometimes, she curls up one side of her lip, which of course is called "giving Elvis".

So, do you turn up the music with Elvis singing, You Aint' Nothing But a Hound Dog" to give inspiration to Daisy for "giving Elvis"? If so, very clever training method you use. ;)

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
I've never heard this. I would have thought that the paper would hold the moisture inside the shoe....
I would assume that the theory is that the paper acts as a wick to draw out the moisture, kind of like sticking a wet cell phone in a bowl of rice.

Any Sheldons out there who would actually know ...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom