Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterAlt

You're from Hawaii?
No! Originally from NY. My parents were born in Queens, NY. I may have confused the show my father was on... It was either National Band Stand or American Band Stand. I'll ask him later. I don't look forward to asking him because he can literally go on for hours talking about it and I couldn't care less!

Every time one of his bands from the 50's is on TV (even those dreaded infomercials) or the radio, everyone must drop what they're doing and listen - and no one is allowed to talk or interrupt. It's not a good experience!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

After Eisner became CEO of Disney, he searched high and wide for talent to work at the various Disney divisions. He contacted all the people he made friends with at both ABC and Paramount. Among those were Robin Williams, Bette Midler (who, by the way, dated my father in high school), and George Lucas, among others. (A side note - My father used to co-host American Band Stand with Dick Clark.)

Any way, when Eisner contacted Williams, he had been off Hollywood's radar for a long time. Addicted to cocaine and gone through rehab, he was unable to find new work - until Eisner called.

Eisner rehabilitated his career, landing him in Good Morning Vietnam, and much, much more...
Interesting...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Bandstand
The only person to ever co-host the show with Dick Clark was Donna Summer, who joined him to present a special episode dedicated to the release of the Casablanca film Thank God It's Friday on 27 May 1978.​

MOXOMUMD

No! Originally from NY. My parents were born in Queens, NY. I may have confused the show my father was on... It was either National Band Stand or American Band Stand. I'll ask him later. I don't look forward to asking him because he can literally go on for hours talking about it and I couldn't care less!

Every time one of his bands from the 50's is on TV (even those dreaded infomercials) or the radio, everyone must drop what they're doing and listen - and no one is allowed to talk or interrupt. It's not a good experience!
It was the quote about your dad dating The Divine Miss M in high school. She was born and raised in Hawaii and went school there, attending U of Hawaii. (Biography is a great program.) That would would make your family having to be from Hawaii if he dated her in high school.

Last edited:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
deadly-funny-fly-art.w654.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom