Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYwdwfan

Don't you have neighbourhood or backyard rinks in MD?

We had a backyard rink every year of my childhood.

I remember my dad out there at midnight every night "flooding".

He even came to our current home every night for a couple of years, building my kids a rink. In between layers, he would come in, and he and I would drink tea until 2:00 a.m.
It was lovely, just the two of us. These are memories that can never be erased.

Skating (not just hockey) is a big deal up here in the GWN.

It was barely cold enough in NY for a backyard rink!

PeterAlt

I wouldn't try to cram. I would do it more split if you really want to spend some time in DL
Okay. I just booked by flights to Long Beach from SF. All the $50 flights on 8/26 were full, but there was a $50 flight on 8/27 early in the morning, leaving me a full day at SF before going to LB. My return flight from LB is Sat. 8/30 in the late afternoon for $81. This gives me 3 nights and 3 full days plus a morning and early afternoon in SoCal! Now, I have time for other things like Magic Mountain and Universal! Yay! I'm so excited!!

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Yes please.

http://www.onekindesign.com/2014/06/13/50-ridiculously-amazing-modern-indoor-pools/

Modern-Indoor-Pools-06-1-Kindesign.jpg

Modern-Indoor-Pools-12-1-Kindesign.jpg

Yep! Me too, right after I win the Lotto.

But know my pool will be in some room that at least has some type of glass wall that can be locked off.

Gabe1

StarWarsGirl

That's not about price though.
For 30 minutes here, it's $10 here. For unlimited at home, it's $15. I can only handle about 30 minutes anyway with my bad ankle before it starts throbbing, so it made sense to do it here. For others, it might not make sense. Anyway, I had a lot of fun. Can't see myself doing it again, though, unless my school does a trip (in which case the price would be lower and I could leave my car at school) or my mom decides she wants to do it here.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Okay. I just booked by flights to Long Beach from SF. All the $50 flights on 8/26 were full, but there was a $50 flight on 8/27 early in the morning, leaving me a full day at SF before going to LB. My return flight from LB is Sat. 8/30 in the late afternoon for $81. This gives me 3 nights and 3 full days plus a morning and early afternoon in SoCal! Now, I have time for other things like Magic Mountain and Universal! Yay! I'm so excited!!
That sounds awesome, Peter. Hope you have a great time.

MOXOMUMD

For 30 minutes here, it's $10 here. For unlimited at home, it's $15. I can only handle about 30 minutes anyway with my bad ankle before it starts throbbing, so it made sense to do it here. For others, it might not make sense. Anyway, I had a lot of fun. Can't see myself doing it again, though, unless my school does a trip (in which case the price would be lower and I could leave my car at school) or my mom decides she wants to do it here.
Were there a lot of people skating?

Gabe1

I had that issue when my mother stayed in our room in Indiana. She has to sleep in a room so dark you can't see your hand in front of your face.
Yeah, I sleep with TV on my Mom just gets herself worked up and can't sleep 'cause she is wound up, not the TV. I take a portable DVD player and headphones if she is sharing a room with me these days.

Good Gravy! That's a lot of water. We had such a hard rain that I thought my skylights were going to come down.
Yep, even here in the Forest Walt was splashing in the grass under about 2" water and that was 48 hours ago.

I'm embarrassed to admit this but I don't have any newspaper... I don't read it, and no one on my street does either!
Tissue Paper-White only though. Or Paper Towel. I use a fan.

Yes! Also, I liked Time Keeper! I had a fit at WDW a couple of months ago when I learned it was closed to make room for Laugh Floor. The CM's I spoke with never even heard of Time Keeper. Wow, I felt OLD!
How? Monsters-Laugh has been there since 2007. I love Laugh. I took DD to WDW for her 16th Birthday years in 2007, they picked on her something awful that time. DS knew where to put her as he was in the College Program at that time. So much fun.

Goofyernmost

My father is so weird. Every night, he goes to bed and starts snoring. And I have the iPod on under the covers. And EVERY NIGHT he rolls over and tells me to turn off the iPod; it's keeping him awake; I need my sleep, whatever. Keep in mind this is after he had been SNORING. And then 15 minutes later he does the same thing until I turn it off.
The difference is that iPads are within your control, snoring is not. If he is that bad, then I would encourage him to have a sleep study. He might have sleep apnea. If he does, it can be life threatening, cause high blood pressure and enlarged hearts. It is not something that people do for fun.

PeterAlt

I read about Action Park's history when I need a good giggle.

The looping waterslide stories are probably some of the best I've ever heard/read.
I grew up during Action Park's expansion from just an Alpine slide to a full fledged thrill park! We would go there each year and each time we went it would triple in size (at least)! It expanded faster than WDW did under Eisner!

A few years ago, I was curious if it was still growing and found out sadly it had closed because too many people died in accidents. Come to think of it, I bloodied myself up each time I was there doing fast hair-pin turns flying off the Alpine slide, etc. Bloodied and injured, as a kid, I was having too much fun to go running to First Aid, so I would run to the ski lift for another ride up and do it again (never mind the fact that I would get blood all over the ski lift seats in the process)!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom