Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soarin' Over Pgh

Alrighty gang, back to the drawin' board (literally, I just started a new design and it's not yet ready to be CAD'd up ;))...
Y'all have a happy Magical...!!!
Laterrrrrrr...!!!!! :)

This makes me incredibly happy.

I've been looking at DIY home designs and room décor all afternoon. I have an idea stuck in my head and I can't shake it... so I might as well run with it and build onto it by checking out some inspiration. :)

acishere

GAWD ITS SO COLD OUTSIDE.

Seriously? It's August. Why the hell am I wearing a jacket?

I am wearing a sweatshirt. And have ads for Action Park (water park) on the side of my screen.
It's rather hot and humid here. Weird how much of a drastic difference there is between us since we aren't that far from each other.

NYwdwfan

It's rather hot and humid here. Weird how much of a drastic difference there is between us since we aren't that far from each other.

Yes it's very strange. Here it's cool and humid. But the AC in my office (air conditioning - obviously not you) is cranking and it's freezing in here. I think if the clouds broke it would warm up fast but they are thick and black and probably not going anywhere.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
That house is so cute! Reminds me there is a Dr. Seuss character breakfast on our cruise. It costs $5 a person but you get to meet Cat in the Hat, Things 1 and 2, Red Fish and Blue Fish. The food features green eggs and ham and a wacky stack of pancakes that looks like Cat's hat. :)

Thank you. I love it too! If you look at where it is, between the pole of Walt's fence and the garage, that pole has pulled/settled away from the garage leaving a gap. The bunnies, possum and worse skunks were entering our yard from there. DH last year wedged board in there as a temp fix but I have a thing about looking like gypsies. The Seuss birdhouse is mounted on a black ledge which is then mounted on a black square 4x4 wooden post. It blocks the gap and is visually fun vs our gypsy board. Win Win

seahawk7

I only had enough water around my property to soak your shoes if you stepped off the pathway. Nothing like what Long Island got. The wind just made it seem much worse last night. It was sending the rain slamming up against a window in my bedroom so it sounded like I was under a tin roof in a severe hail storm.
Wow, pretty scary. That must have been loud. I hope everyone in Long Island is ok.

StarWarsGirl

I haven't yet booked my Jet Blue tickets to/from Long Beach. If I book the flights I mentioned, I'll be able to see DLR until closing but will waste some hours in the morning dealing with transportation and checking in to the hotel OR I can go the next day and start as soon as the parks open and leave an hour before my Long Beach flight back to San Francisco (and miss some hours before the parks close and be stresses out
about catching that flight back to SF).

Now, if I do this (one of the above two options), I will have four whole days for seeing San Francisco and I don't think there's four days of stuff to fill. So, another option is to stay in S. Cali longer. The longer I stay, the more the airfare back jumps up. $80 if I go back on the 28th and over $100 if I go back on the 28th. There's so much more to do in S. Cali that I need to decide if its worth the extra money in airfare if I stay longer, plus I'll have the peace of mind of being able to spend a full day at DL without stress! What would you do?
I wouldn't try to cram. I would do it more split if you really want to spend some time in DL

Soarin' Over Pgh

Yes please.

http://www.onekindesign.com/2014/06/13/50-ridiculously-amazing-modern-indoor-pools/

Modern-Indoor-Pools-06-1-Kindesign.jpg

Modern-Indoor-Pools-12-1-Kindesign.jpg

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I need to go accomplish something. Anything, really. Just something other than using the internet.

That has been me for the last 5 hours, needed to 'do' something. Still need to make the DD a nice sandwich for dinner/work, cook dinner for here (simplier today) and unload the dishwasher. Walk Walt before it rains again too.
We took him on the trails of the forest preserve in the next county over. He had so much fun. He was gazing out the hatch when I lifted it, sniff'n the air like...where are we, so excited. And he came home to fresh clean water in his pool.

StarWarsGirl

Well, I did it. I went ice skating, for the first time! I only fell once when I got overconfident. Not bad for a first timer. At first I hugged the wall all the way around, but then I just hovered my hand and grabbed it if I needed it. I even let go to go around corners and people who were hugging the wall (seriously, there were people who NEVER let go). It was a lot of fun. And the photopass guy took my picture to show my parents when they don't believe me.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
Well, I did it. I went ice skating, for the first time! I only fell once when I got overconfident. Not bad for a first timer. At first I hugged the wall all the way around, but then I just hovered my hand and grabbed it if I needed it. I even let go to go around corners and people who were hugging the wall (seriously, there were people who NEVER let go). It was a lot of fun. And the photopass guy took my picture to show my parents when they don't believe me.
Don't you have neighbourhood or backyard rinks in MD?

We had a backyard rink every year of my childhood.

I remember my dad out there at midnight every night "flooding".

He even came to our current home every night for a couple of years, building my kids a rink. In between layers, he would come in, and he and I would drink tea until 2:00 a.m.
It was lovely, just the two of us. These are memories that can never be erased.

Skating (not just hockey) is a big deal up here in the GWN.

StarWarsGirl

Don't you have neighbourhood or backyard rinks in MD?

We had a backyard rink every year of my childhood.

I remember my dad out there at midnight every night "flooding".

He even came to our current home every night for a couple of years, building my kids a rink. In between layers, he would come in, and he and I would drink tea until 2:00 a.m.
It was lovely, just the two of us. These are memories that can never be erased.

Skating (not just hockey) is a big deal up here in the GWN.
Nope. The nearest rink is 40 minutes from my house and the temps don't drop enough in the winter for us to skate outside. And the prices aren't nearly as good as the one at DHS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom