Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
My father is so weird. Every night, he goes to bed and starts snoring. And I have the iPod on under the covers. And EVERY NIGHT he rolls over and tells me to turn off the iPod; it's keeping him awake; I need my sleep, whatever. Keep in mind this is after he had been SNORING. And then 15 minutes later he does the same thing until I turn it off.
Earbuds would kill two birds with one stone.
They would block his snoring, and muffle your music.

I mean seriously, poor guy can only listen to "Let it Go" so many times.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Could have been website errors?
I honestly find it weird that a bunch of avatar would disappear.
unless they were all against the rules of this website.

But at least he tried to learn and advance right?

I have some family members who outright fear computers or gadgets and a lot of times.. just plain refuse to learn. (aka, they want me to do everything for them)

He is very good at the iPad, much better than the desktop. My Mom was a tech teacher and I think she freaked him out about messing up the desktop. He has a lot of fun with the iPad and my Mom fought getting him one cause he would only break it. He has had it for 9 months and I really think it helps with keeping his mind focused. He plays card type games, he reads the news. We have it set to push headline news, weather and specific sports.

My DD is very good with all things computer related. She is my mentor. She will sit next to me and teach me, but I have to do it for it to click, I don't learn well while watching if that makes sense. I guess it use to drive her crazy when she was about 5 to watch Dad load games onto the desktop, she apparently didn't like his drawn out way of doing it. One day she just sat down with a new game did what she needed to do and loaded it in herself in minutes. That ended asking Dad to do anything for her with computers. She always had access to one so she had no fear. I'm sure she had some good internal giggles with me and my iPhone that first month.

Gabe1

In other news, I'm really glad I'm almost there for my Vacation.
Stress running wild on me, as my boss wants me to finish something before leaving.
Its kinda hard.. as he changes of choices constantly and is not very clear on many things he wanted done.

Doesn't help that I fear my english is slipping again (due of stress and tiredness?).
Because its been like 3 threads in a forum.. 2 sites and many back and forts (including a discussion in cnn.com that ended being pure ad insults and discrediting on me).
Where people insist I was saying one.. when I never said that!.
Its like they WANTED to skew what I wrote to fit their agendas and discredit me.

Its like I say "My favourite color is not purple". then they counter "You are a racist for loving red!".
and I end scratching my head.

Oy. Sorry. Some people are just stupid.

Gabe1

Yup. I love my family, but vacation can be too much togetherness. Also, I know I won't get the opportunity unless I go by myself.

I really liked when my kids were old enough to go off on there own in the parks. I remember DH and I just going round and round one night on the PeopleMover as they went on Space over and over. My DS is 5 years older than DD and she was mature beyond her years so it was nice for them to have some freedom in the parks back then.

This was the second trip just DD and I did. We are very much alike and enjoy each others company so these trips work out well. Yet we still gave each other space in the room and here and there.

Gabe1

No more Sam's up here. They pulled up roots a couple of years ago, with one month notice.
Memberships were still honoured in the U.S., but no refunds were offered.

My friend was mega-ticked, because she had just renewed her membership 2 weeks before the announcement.

I'd be ticked too. I had Costco and Sam's, I have a business membership to Sam's and gave up my Costco membership a few years ago, it is just so far I wasn't getting my money's worth out of it though I like it better than Sam's. Some Sam's have gone away here too. Costco just seems to treat their employees better and that seems to trickle down. My Mom is a Costco member so when I need stuff from Costco I go when I am out her way.

Gabe1

My father is so weird. Every night, he goes to bed and starts snoring. And I have the iPod on under the covers. And EVERY NIGHT he rolls over and tells me to turn off the iPod; it's keeping him awake; I need my sleep, whatever. Keep in mind this is after he had been SNORING. And then 15 minutes later he does the same thing until I turn it off.

Yep, my DH is a major snorer. There are days I do not function well because of lack of sleep. I feel your pain. When we go out of town and my kids are with us we get a second room, I can't do that to my kids. The last time we were in AKL the kids were in bunkbeds and I thought they were going to smother him. :facepalm:

Cesar R M

Trip update:

Just a hang around the pool kind of day. Didn't go on a single ride. We walked to Epcot and went to Tutto Italia for dinner. The last time we went was several years ago, and it was sub par. This time it was excellent. Portions were good, service was quick, and the food was really good. My mom and I had the lasagna. My dad had the Salmon, which is new to the menu (as in several weeks new). All of us loked our food. I also had the minestrone soup, which was very good. The manager came out to deal with my allergies, and he was great. Very attentive, he came out to check on everyone several times and make sure we were enjoying ourselves.

We watched Illuminations and walked around a bit. We weren't in Epcot for very long. Benefit of premium annual passes: you can go in just for dinner and it doesn't cost a day on the pass.
Its always good to hear when they improve things, Specially after expecting regular to bad service due of past disappointments.

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Boy, night pictures in here do not work out so well. Ooops, sorry for quality.

Your pictures are fine. They clearly showed your sewing projects; very nice job by the way. It's great that you saved so much money by doing the project yourself. You're also right about diving in there and just trying to create something. Not everything turns out perfectly the first time, but I guess that's how we all learn. (It's just that some of us have a more difficult learning curve . . .)

I actually did attempt "one" little project last Christmas. (Don't laugh . . . I thought this up myself; at the time, it seemed like a good idea . . .) I found 2 pine cones in the nearby woods, and I tried painting them a lighter green, and sprinkled a little gold glitter on them. Then I attached them with ribbon to my sister's Christmas present, which had some green in the wrapping paper design. My attempt at being artsy and crafty wasn't hideous . . . but they did look a little like pine cones from Mars. :eek: (My sister said, they looked "different" . . . o_O :happy: )

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Paging @PUSH — Yesterday at work, I was ordering a book on Amazon for my boss. I took a little side route and slipped over into the movie section. I just wanted to bring to your attention that the Sharknado 2 video (being released on Oct. 7) will be an Extended Version! The video can be preordered now for $10.49. Just wanted to share this breaking news with you and the other Sagateer fans! :joyfull:

StarWarsGirl

So this was the scene outside my house this morning (most of my neighbors with short driveways pulled their cars onto the grass to get them out of the street.)

View attachment 61772
It evidently hit MD too. Orioles game was cancelled early on. That almost never happens. Lots of flooding shown on the news. According to our neighbor, everything is fine at the house, but still a lot of rain.

Soarin' Over Pgh

Pittsburgh has been having some nasty rains... I got caught in one yesterday on my way home from work... I squished my way into the house and stripped immediately. Everything was wet. Shoes are still damp. Streets were a mess, traffic was a snarl, and lots of trees have slid down hillsides. This has been a TERRIBLE year for tree loss around my city... and it makes me very sad.

Does anyone know of a good way of drying shoes without putting them in the dryer?

StarWarsGirl

Paging @PUSH — Yesterday at work, I was ordering a book on Amazon for my boss. I took a little side route and slipped over into the movie section. I just wanted to bring to your attention that the Sharknado 2 video (being released on Oct. 7) will be an Extended Version! The video can be preordered now for $10.49. Just wanted to share this breaking news with you and the other Sagateer fans! :joyfull:
Will it be on Netflix?

StarWarsGirl

Pittsburgh has been having some nasty rains... I got caught in one yesterday on my way home from work... I squished my way into the house and stripped immediately. Everything was wet. Shoes are still damp. Streets were a mess, traffic was a snarl, and lots of trees have slid down hillsides. This has been a TERRIBLE year for tree loss around my city... and it makes me very sad.

Does anyone know of a good way of drying shoes without putting them in the dryer?
Hairdryer

If your heat is on (which I doubt) you can also put them over the vent.

Soarin' Over Pgh

Hairdryer

If your heat is on (which I doubt) you can also put them over the vent.

Ooooh. Hairdryer would work.

Thank you!!

And by chance, are any of our Sageteer females a size 9.5? I bought a (n awesome) pair of Nike running shoes but they aren't a good shape for my feet and... I don't want to throw them out if someone here could use them. They're only four months old and are in great shape. If you want 'em, message me :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom