Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarWarsGirl

Trip update:

Just a hang around the pool kind of day. Didn't go on a single ride. We walked to Epcot and went to Tutto Italia for dinner. The last time we went was several years ago, and it was sub par. This time it was excellent. Portions were good, service was quick, and the food was really good. My mom and I had the lasagna. My dad had the Salmon, which is new to the menu (as in several weeks new). All of us loked our food. I also had the minestrone soup, which was very good. The manager came out to deal with my allergies, and he was great. Very attentive, he came out to check on everyone several times and make sure we were enjoying ourselves.

We watched Illuminations and walked around a bit. We weren't in Epcot for very long. Benefit of premium annual passes: you can go in just for dinner and it doesn't cost a day on the pass.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
image.jpg
Same! I walked into GE to get some beef and Halloween candy galore!

Reese's cups might have followed me home.

Needless to say I love Michaels craft store and also Pat Catans. There's two Michaels within an hours drive of me and that makes me very happy. They always stay ahead of the season for obvious crafting reasons...I'm anticipating Xmas stuff within a month.

I wish they still sold unpainted ceramics. It seems like the current trend is already made, but needs assembly crap. Cheaply painted, looks generic, and I hate it.

I've noticed anything that I buy is painted so badly that I put outside the paints just seems to was or fade away.
I've repainted most of my outside stuff, I enjoy it though, spray with a top coat and have never had to repaint one again. I put several more top coats to my Dr. Seuss Bird House before she was installed for the same reason.
Suspect each spring I'll need to respray 'cause she is made of wood.

I have not seen Halloween candy yet. Only school supplies and school stuff.

Last edited:

Gabe1

image.jpg image.jpg
Michaels is an interesting place to go and look at all the cool, crafty things. Some items are really pretty. I like sparkly glitter in a bunch of colors; there are also nice paints, along with paint brushes in different sizes. They have canvases if you like to draw a picture. I like looking at the faux floral arrangements, too. The problem is that even though I'm fascinated with all this stuff, I don't know what to do with any craft supplies. I usually end up walking out with nothing, kinda frustrated . . . :(

It seems like you, @MOXOMUMD and @Soarin' Over Pgh all are very talented with crafts. I hope you all realize you are blessed with a creative "gift" that not everyone has. That makes you unique! :cool:

We are all different. It really depends on if you enjoy playing around with the stuff. You kinda learn by the seat of your pants if you are a crafter vs an artist. I sew and paint stuff. I make all my own drapery because it is so freak'n expensive to buy custom and I don't like Department Store stock stuff. I've posted a few pictures and I've noticed my kitchen curtains in the background. They are double layered and pleated and they are lined in the back with white. What is in my kitchen, odd sized windows, would have cost me around $750 to have made. Cost me about $50. I also have a window box shelf near the top of the window that is decked out with pretty trims. Custom a fortune, me about $25. Now when I paint stuff like the mural on my kitchen wall I plagiarizer. I can copy just about anything. In my living room I have ivy vines. I copied them from a Port Orleans bedspread years ago, the vines have hidden Mickeys. I loved them, I took pictures came home and painted them on a foot of the walls to the wooden ceiling, hidden Mickey's and all.
My walls in my living room have 7 layers of paint, all different shades of beige, tan and a hint of rust. It looks Old World Italy. I did it with fake lambswool. I practiced first on a piece of drywall in the basement.

My bedroom I am working towards the Yacht Club. I'm not there yet, but getting there. I have to have something I am going to copy and I trial and error it all. I've made all of my families (adults too) Halloween costumes. I never use patterns, much like how I cook without recipes. You just have to have fun with it and be willing to make mistakes and try again. Paint can be repainted and a seam ripper is my best friend when sewing.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

StarWarsGirl

Tomorrow's plan: DHS. I will be spending the majority of the day there on my own checking out the Frozen stuff. Thinking of hitting that ice rink if I'm not too sore (I've had a cold and been achy). I at least want to see the shows and check out Oaken's. Probably will hit Star Tours and Rock 'n Roller Coaster singles (and hopefully this time I won't get hit on...) and then will hit TofT and TSM when my family gets there later.

Gabe1

Tomorrow's plan: DHS. I will be spending the majority of the day there on my own checking out the Frozen stuff. Thinking of hitting that ice rink if I'm not too sore (I've had a cold and been achy). I at least want to see the shows and check out Oaken's. Probably will hit Star Tours and Rock 'n Roller Coaster singles (and hopefully this time I won't get hit on...) and then will hit TofT and TSM when my family gets there later.

Sounds like a great day. Wandering by yourself for a while is always fun. I went to DTD just to look at the construction progress for a few hours while my DD was enjoying the sun at the pool. I can only do about an hour of the pool these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom