Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
I agree with @StarWarsGirl95 that his singing was terrible in Les Mis, but I just Googled his band and his voice is actually rather good. So I guess it's the operatic singing that screwed him up.

There was another song he made in memory of Richard Harris that I liked better, but the chorus drowned him out and I wanted an example where you could actually hear him.

Sometimes a different style of music will screw people up. Although Les Mis is not opera. I'm not sure what I'd call it, but not opera. I don't like opera, but I love Les Mis. I use the soundtrack as a warm up CD because their voices, minus Russell Crowe, are all nice and strong and worth mimiking.

PUSH

Original Poster
I was getting my haircut earlier, and when I went in and sat down, a little boy immediately comes up to me and hands me a book with hairstyles in it. Apparently he was doing this to everyone, including the lady next to me. He then proceeded to pick out hairstyles for both me and the woman. He picked blue hair for her, and Justin Bieber hair for me. :p

Needless to say, neither of us got those styles.

acishere

I was getting my haircut earlier, and when I went in and sat down, a little boy immediately comes up to me and hands me a book with hairstyles in it. Apparently he was doing this to everyone, including the lady next to me. He then proceeded to pick out hairstyles for both me and the woman. He picked blue hair for her, and Justin Bieber hair for me. :p

I would photoshop a Bieber haircut onto a trash can as a response to this if I had the time.

acishere

He didn't do a bad job at all.

Whenever a normie/average joe slams a performance, I usually ask him/her "How many major Hollywood musicals have you been asked to perform in.?" That usually closes the case right there. ;)
If you have seen plenty of performances and can actually give a detailed critical explanation, you don't need to be a performer to judge a performance.

Megalodumb

If you have seen plenty of performances and can actually give a detailed critical explanation, you don't need to be a performer to judge a performance.
Valid point. And as a non-performer myself, I judge Crowe's performance as not bad at all.

p.s. My earlier comment was not directed at you, but rather our other little habitual critic who dislikes pretty much all things that are things.

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
Whenever a normie/average joe slams a performance, I usually ask him/her "How many major Hollywood musicals have you been asked to perform in.?" That usually closes the case right there. ;)
I was in World of Color, what's your point? ;)

Just because I can't play baseball doesn't mean I don't know what they are doing wrong. Movie musicals don't always equal good singers. Case in point, Pierce Brosnan:

Yes, he is worse than Russel Crowe.

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
In other news, the parents landed at MCO about ten minutes ago. This is interesting, being at home by myself...well, Bestie is coming over in an hour, but still.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I used to have a thing for Robert Scorpio (Tristan Rogers) on General Hospital, back in the day.
I NEVER got the appeal of Luke Spencer (Tony Geary) though.

That 1981 summer Ice Princess plot, with Luke & Laura and Scorpio & Tiffany was the absolute pinnacle of soap watching for me! Alas, it was all downhill from there.

While never a true soap junkie, I am proud to say I have been completely clean for 15 years.

I got hooked on AMC while in college. At least 10 years ago likely more I got so mad at the writers I went cold turkey.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR

When my son was a preschooler and I was shopping for dresses for formal occasions he would always pick the most brazen dresses sequins, jewel embellishments, sparkles. You'd be so pretty Mommy. Ummm No.

I had a perm when he was also a preschooler, Big Hair. He sincerely told me how pretty I was and that I looked just like a poodle. My DH was mortified. The boy, well in retrospect he was dead on.

acishere

Valid point. And as a non-performer myself, I judge Crowe's performance as not bad at all.

p.s. My earlier comment was not directed at you, but rather our other little habitual critic who dislikes pretty much all things that are things.
I just listened to some clips and I do think he just sounds like he struggling with hitting notes and he goes out of tune. His demeanor and physical acting is on point. I remember getting tired with the movie so I was probably getting really nitpicky about everything in it. I think I spent too much time picturing living in a world where everyone sings everything and how exhausting it must be.

PUSH

Original Poster
I'm going to rant a bit here. So around here, when you get an underage (drinking), you are forced to take this "class". Well, this girl posted her certificate of completion on Facebook, and was happy about it. Then comments are saying "OMG. CONGRATS!!" Like you should be celebrating a class you have to take for underage drinking?? And worse yet, they class is actually fun according to what I've heard. If you answer a question (even a real easy/stupid question), you get a $5 gift card for gas. By the end of the class, some people recoup the money they had to pay to take the class. Makes no sense.

donaldtoo

images
images

However very young Clooney, ewe. Looked like Greg Brady.

Sorry. I'm not seein' it. :cool:

donaldtoo

I'm going to rant a bit here. So around here, when you get an underage (drinking), you are forced to take this "class". Well, this girl posted her certificate of completion on Facebook, and was happy about it. Then comments are saying "OMG. CONGRATS!!" Like you should be celebrating a class you have to take for underage drinking?? And worse yet, they class is actually fun according to what I've heard. If you answer a question (even a real easy/stupid question), you get a $5 gift card for gas. By the end of the class, some people recoup the money they had to pay to take the class. Makes no sense.

Makes perfect sense...if drunks are teachin' the class. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom