Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trr1

I was just checking up on the condo. You know, scoping things out. Turns out this sign is on the patio door...

5GoatsHouse.jpg

You can't stop us, Nemo!!
they didn't say anything about sheep;)

Zweiland

I lied with my school size. It's actually 8,000 students (7,648 to be exact). 9,000 is what they want to hit next year, although the campus is already crowded enough, and they barely have enough classrooms for all the classes, and they better build parking lots because the lots are crazy. Anywho...

Some stats according to colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com:

66% male, 34% female

94% of undergraduate men are part of a frat
92% of women are part of a sorority

37% of students have cars on campus

4-year graduating rate: 19%
They forgot that .0125% of the students are trash cans.

acishere

And that is why 90% of students are in a fraternity or sorority there that are not locals living at home. They find out where they can have fun without falling victim to the local revenue stream. Or many of these 'strict' law enforcement laws schools wind up being, Revolving doors. Look at what your local university 4 year graduating rate is. When my DS bolted from his Private College in Kenosha he was bored out of his wits. They'd often hit up Parkside down the road. Academically it was a fine match but socially Oh My Goodness, I would have wanted to jump from the roof. What the school officials considered fun activities, him not so much. He went and did the college program at Disney came back and went off to an IL state university. Much happier. My DD only really considered Big Ten Schools or Solid Private Universities. Her final choices were between U of I and Tulane and it was almost a flip of the coin. Tulane gave a larger percentage in scholarship, she was offered 90% of $55,000 a year. Now that is a fun school and the President of the school flat out told us it was part of the culture. Yet they are ranked very high in the Best Schools in the United States.

I believe if you want students to excel you got to back off somewhat, let them be college students, let them mature instead of trying to stomp the adult out of them. It isn't high school. And I was bright enough to send them off to college without their cars, they stayed in my driveway collecting snow.
I know how your son felt. The weekends at the small place I started off at I compare to being in the Shining. It was just me and bunch of ghosts left on that campus. Everyone you meet is more concerned with their high school lives and you were secondary to that. And by noon on Friday they were home.

So I switched to Rutgers and was a lot happier and the college actually has a pretty great academic reputation to boot.

MOXOMUMD

I was watching a news clip on tv that was talking about some upper scale restaurants in California that were pre-charging people starting at $230 each for their meal, no including drinks and tip. If you didn't keep your reservation, you still were charged. What a ripoff. Makes Disney's $10 a person look like nothing.

donaldtoo

That actually sounds delicious. We're having dinner at a whiskey distillery for dinner in a little bit. For the food, I promise. Although we are going to order a tasting of their products for dessert.

Just got back a bit ago.
It was AWESOME!!!!! Loves me some catfish, but tonight I also had spicy fried shrimp and oysters to go along with it...WOOF!!! Off-the-chain good!!! :joyfull: :hungry:
Sadly no whiskey tasting for us :( ;) Did have a coupla' frosty mugs of Shiner Bock though, and went to dinner in a t-shirt, shorts, and flip flops. :cautious: :D
Hope your meal was as good as ours!!! :)

PUSH

Original Poster
I know how your son felt. The weekends at the small place I started off at I compare to being in the Shining. It was just me and bunch of ghosts left on that campus. Everyone you meet is more concerned with their high school lives and you were secondary to that. And by noon on Friday they were home.

So I switched to Rutgers and was a lot happier and the college actually has a pretty great academic reputation to boot.
Here, everyone says how boring it is. I don't see what the "big city" students see, because I grew up here. They say there's nothing to do (which is pretty accurate), but I guess I have some of my good friends from high school that go here, too, so I find fun things to do. And all alcohol-free, too! :eek:

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Just got back a bit ago.
It was AWESOME!!!!! Loves me some catfish, but tonight I also had spicy fried shrimp and oysters to go along with it...WOOF!!! Off-the-chain good!!! :joyfull: :hungry:
Sadly no whiskey tasting for us :( ;) Did have a coupla' frosty mugs of Shiner Bock though, and went to dinner in a t-shirt, shorts, and flip flops. :cautious: :D
Oh, indeed it was. 3 1/2 oz. of chicken breast and a salad - for the 22nd straight day.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Was it spicy fried chicken breast, at least...?! o_O ;)
Sadly, no.
It was lightly seasoned, grilled on the bbq, days ago. Hubby cooks up 4 at a time. I eat one half while it's hot and juicy; refrigerate three halves to be eaten cold; and freeze four halves, also to be eaten cold.

And this ladies and gentleman is the price you pay for using 8 weeks of post-surgery confinement as an excuse
to eat everything under the sun. One and a half years of being refined-carb free ... pfffft, out the window.

Headed back to work in 2 weeks, and none of my size 4, 6, or 8 slacks fit. And the 10's only fit, if I don't need to breathe too deeply.

PUSH

Original Poster
135 posts to go!! 23,010 will be the record breaker. Keep your eyes peeled, and remember not to steal the post!

PUSH

Original Poster
Have been keepin' an eye on it, and will do! :)...or, is that will not do...? o_O You know what I mean...! ;)
I'm just always afraid someone will not be paying attention while I'm not on, forcing me to forever hang in the Sageteer Hall of Shame for not being a good Sageteer. It's a lot of pressure handling these speeches! No wonder people always tell me to do them!

Zweiland

I'm just always afraid someone will not be paying attention while I'm not on, forcing me to forever hang in the Sageteer Hall of Shame for not being a good Sageteer. It's a lot of pressure handling these speeches! No wonder people always tell me to do them!
If that happens we will ask The Mom to delete all the posts after #23010.

donaldtoo

It's all yours, brother! I promise to keep a sharp eye...'cause I don't want a sharp stick, or trash can lid, in my eye...! :eek: :D ;) :)

PUSH

Original Poster
If that happens we will ask The Mom to delete all the posts after #23010.
Or we could pretend like there was another thraed that was randomly deleted as soon as I posted the speech, making it Meg's fault (which it would be anyway).

acishere

Just got back a bit ago.
The whiskey braised short ribs were delicious. We got 2 bottles of their whiskeys so maybe I'll bring one to Nemo's condo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom