When did Mickey & Minnie get married?

IDreamOfDisney

I don't know but evertime I get a kiss and hug from Minnie my wife asks Minnie... "What about Mickey?" Minnie's response is that she "points to her ring finger", then "shakes her finger in the negative" indicating that there is no ring and that she is not married. I would think she would know :shrug:

GrimGrinninAnna

They're a modern couple. A perpetual state of engagement, but Minnie gets to live her life and do her own thing. She doesn't need him paying her rent. My kinda girl.

DisneyNut2007

Are Mickey and Minnie married?????
[SIZE=+4][SIZE=+1]According to Walt Disney, Mickey and Minnie Mouse have never been married on screen. But, in 1933, during an interview with Film Pictorial, Walt said, "In private life, Mickey is married to Minnie... What it really amounts to is that Minnie is, for screen purposes, his leading lady." Two years later in 1935, he told Louise Morgan in the News Chronicle "There's no marriage in the land of make-believe. Mickey and Minnie must live happily ever after." The discussion of Mickey and Minnie's wedding has been fueled by the 1932 film Mickey's Nightmare in which Mickey falls asleep in the armchair instead of meeting Minnie at the local dance. Mickey dreams of being married to Minnie and is surrounded by numerous little Mickey mice. Then in 1935, a cover for for the sheet music "The Wedding Of Mister Mickey Mouse" shows a picture of a beaming Mickey, dressing in a tux, leading Minnie, dressed in a veil, from the church to the happy cheering of Horace Horsecollar and Clarabelle Cow. This music was a Novelty Fox-trot with music by Franz Vienna and words by Edward Pola with special permission by Walt Disney.[/SIZE][/SIZE]

[SIZE=+4][SIZE=+1]http://www.angelfire.com/nj/MMania/MickeyMouse.html[/SIZE][/SIZE]

[SIZE=+4][SIZE=+1]http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20060702/news_1hs02kovels.html[/SIZE][/SIZE]

[SIZE=+4][SIZE=+1]I've found the same quote in various places. :shrug:[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=+4][SIZE=+1]
[/SIZE][/SIZE]

That's just like what I already said.

Note that we mean that the mice are married in PRIVATE life. In other words, they're married OFF THE SCREEN, but ON THE SCREEN, they're still just boyfriend and girlfriend. There's a difference people.

This once again proves that Corrus and some of the rest of you are DEAD wrong! End of story!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

Note that we mean that the mice are married in PRIVATE life. In other words, they're married OFF THE SCREEN, but ON THE SCREEN, they're still just boyfriend and girlfriend. There's a difference people.

This once again proves that Corrus and some of the rest of you are DEAD wrong! End of story!

What's your beef?:shrug:

ckvin

I remember being at a Chef Mickey Character breakfast and someone asked Minnie if she was married to Mickey....she shook her with with an emphatic no and pointed to her bare ring finger. LOL

Brian_WDW74

Sorry, but as I already posted, Dave Smith says otherwise. You're certainly free to believe whatever you'd like, but you'll have to excuse me if I choose to believe the man that the Disney Company calls "the ultimate authority on all things Disney." :)

JimboJones123

So, friends with benefits huh. Sorry kids, we're melting some DVDs this weekend and you can forget that trip to Disneyland at Christmas. We'll be also restarting the holiday shopping and the bags are headed back to the Disney Store in the morning. Oh, and there will be no eating of Monsters Inc Cereal in the morning. And don't take one of those farmer Mickey apples to school either. We can also do without brushing your teeth until we can purge the Nemo tootpaste and Jasmine/Ariel toothbrushes. I'm also afraid your fish are now going to be "sleeping with the fishes". Sorry Brandy and Mr. Whiskers. And last but not least, I'm all out of Goo Gone, so we are all walking to work/school until I can pick some up for the bumpersticker. Do I get banned from this site if I mention anything from any conventions that happen in June?

DisneyNut2007

Sorry, but as I already posted, Dave Smith says otherwise. You're certainly free to believe whatever you'd like, but you'll have to excuse me if I choose to believe the man that the Disney Company calls "the ultimate authority on all things Disney." :)

He's not actually all that. There's some things that even Dave Smith either doesn't know or gets wrong often. Some of the info that he even wrote in his "Official Disney Encyclopedia" is inaccurate, too.

So, at the end of day, regarding a case like this, we're all MUCH better off believing what WALT said and not any of these other people! :mad:

After all, it was WALT who created the characters. Not Dave, not Wayne, not Russi...WALT!!!

DisneyNut2007

NO, Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse are not married. This is a fact. What some people might confuse this with is that their voice actor counter parts are married. Wayne Allwine (Mickey) and Russi Taylor (Minnie) have been married for many years.​

I hate to tell you this, but, you too are inaccurate with that assessment.

You folks seem to be missing the points that I made in my previous posts about the "private life"/"public life" realities.

Mickey & Minnie ARE married, but keep it a MAJOR secret from the public. And stop denying stuff that Walt himself already said.

And you call yourselves Disney fans...

Enderikari

Really? So, I guess you missed the part about British Writers making up a quote and attributing it to Walt. Walt NEVER SAID IT. I can think up anything, quote it, and attribute it to Walt... In fact, I think I will do it now,

Walt Disney said:
There will come a time when the world will see what happens to the Disney Company, after.... well, after Walt. In that time, if you ever somehow hear the words of a gentleman named Al Lutz, hold his words in the same regard you would hold the cute puppy I gave Lillian. Fun at times, but you sometimes have to watch out to make sure he doesn't ______ on your leg

Great quote, Walt!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom