When did Mickey & Minnie get married?

Mickey and Minnie were never married. Although, I do hear that when they wed, Minnie plans to hyphenate her last name: Minnie Mouse-Mouse.

At this point, I could care less about the marital bliss of two imaginary rodents. I need to concentrate on getting myself a woman. Perhaps I should spend less time on a Disney World message forum and start playing the field?:brick:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
At this point, I could care less about the marital bliss of two imaginary rodents. I need to concentrate on getting myself a woman. Perhaps I should spend less time on a Disney World message forum and start playing the field?:brick:
No point, now that you've spent so much time here, you're in full-fledged nerd mode... Nerds never get the girls. :(

Or, um... so they tell me... :lookaroun

cdunbar

Boys I know plenty of nerds that have GF's...most of them are star wars geeks and if there is hope for them there is for you...:D

Jungle Skipper

Really? :sohappy:

:lookaroun

Wanna date? :lookaroun

:lol:

Hey I can vouch for that....I'm a total geek who spends WAY too much time on Disney message boards. But I somehow found a woman who loves me and puts up with my geek-dom. We're even getting married in May 08...so I'm planning the most awesome Disney honeymoon ever...or at least, the most awesome one I can afford! :ROFLOL:

Keep those chins up disney geeks! of course you could always check out Dismates.com...an online Disney dating service...seriously...

DisneyNut2007

Corrus is right, they have never been married, according to animators, its because Mickey and Minnie represent the "sweetness of courtship forever." That, and at the end of every relationship movie is the wedding, and no one wants Mickey and Minnie to end

Nope. Corrus is WRONG as usual!

Just re-read the Walt quote that I posted earlier in this thread. :)

tigger_sky

There are two signs at the Tomorrowland Speedway. One that says just married and one that says happy birthday. When guests that come through that specific line with the newlywed or birthday buttons get in their car the CMs hold up the sign to have the crowd cheer the person(s) and then the sign goes on the back of their car for their ride. The just married sign has nothing to do with Mickey and Minnie actually being married it's just for guest recognition.

Fantasyland-er

It's funny guests asked us this question a lot. But even though they are acctually married they are still depicted as being boyfriend and girlfriend. I always joked that Mickey had a commitment problem.

Enderikari

Nope. Corrus is WRONG as usual!

Just re-read the Walt quote that I posted earlier in this thread. :)

*Sigh* Corrus isn't wrong. The only time where is shows Mickey and Minnie married was in the 1932 short Mickey's Nightmare. Even then, the marriage happened in his dream. Mickey has never been shown as being married to Minnie, and I am going to have a see a source on that quote

tigsmom

Are Mickey and Minnie married?????
[SIZE=+4][SIZE=+1]According to Walt Disney, Mickey and Minnie Mouse have never been married on screen. But, in 1933, during an interview with Film Pictorial, Walt said, "In private life, Mickey is married to Minnie... What it really amounts to is that Minnie is, for screen purposes, his leading lady." Two years later in 1935, he told Louise Morgan in the News Chronicle "There's no marriage in the land of make-believe. Mickey and Minnie must live happily ever after." The discussion of Mickey and Minnie's wedding has been fueled by the 1932 film Mickey's Nightmare in which Mickey falls asleep in the armchair instead of meeting Minnie at the local dance. Mickey dreams of being married to Minnie and is surrounded by numerous little Mickey mice. Then in 1935, a cover for for the sheet music "The Wedding Of Mister Mickey Mouse" shows a picture of a beaming Mickey, dressing in a tux, leading Minnie, dressed in a veil, from the church to the happy cheering of Horace Horsecollar and Clarabelle Cow. This music was a Novelty Fox-trot with music by Franz Vienna and words by Edward Pola with special permission by Walt Disney.[/SIZE][/SIZE]

[SIZE=+4][SIZE=+1]http://www.angelfire.com/nj/MMania/MickeyMouse.html[/SIZE][/SIZE]

[SIZE=+4][SIZE=+1]http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20060702/news_1hs02kovels.html[/SIZE][/SIZE]

[SIZE=+4][SIZE=+1]I've found the same quote in various places. :shrug:
[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Brian_WDW74

Okay, here's the real answer, directly from an online interview with Dave Smith himself. The Mickey listed in the chat is the moderator, Rich "Mickey" Koster:

>< Next question:
>< (Mickey) Walt Disney was quoted in the book "Film Pictorial" (in 1933) as well as John Grant's 1993 Hyperion book "Encyclopedia of Walt Disney's Animated Characters" as saying that Mickey and Minnie are married. Did Walt actually say this, or was the quote made up?

><
>< DaveSmith says, "The quote in the Grant book and the Film Pictorial quote are actually from British writers."
>< DaveSmith says, "It is not the policy of Disney that Mickey and Minnie are married."
>< DaveSmith says, "That story was simply written by a British writer and does not reflect company policy."
>< Mickey giggles, "Boy, Minnie is going to be surprised Walt didn't really say that! Huh-hah!"
>< Mickey says, "Follow up from Rufus, about the Mickey and Minnie married question..."
>< Mickey says, "How much time past before the company denied the marriage?"
>< DaveSmith says, "Was there ever a denial? "
>< DaveSmith says, "People have to remember that these are fictional characters, and they have no "biographies" like real people."
>< Mickey grins.
>< Mickey says, "Before I move on to the next question, I hear that there are many out there in the Auditorium saying "NOT!" as to the Characters being fictional."
>< Mickey winks.

http://www.emuck.com:3000/archive/smith

i read once somewhere that they never had an official wedding...cause disney doesnt promote s-e-x thats why they live together and dont sleep in the same bed cause that means they have s-e-x and thats not the disney way! :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom