What's with the wait times!? (hint.. they're low)

shambolicdefending

Well, it is the middle of the week after school started, which is traditionally one of the slowest times of the year. I'm waiting to see what the weekends are like, which is when people are off work and kids are out of school, and more of the passes are unblocked. Disneyland isn't like WDW where it's busy all of the time. It's very dependent on passes and people's work and school schedules.

If it's still dead during Labor Day weekend, then that's a whole other issue.

Weekend blockouts are a lot heavier this year than they've been in the past. Especially for Labor day.

Everybody below Sig is totally blocked out for Saturday/Sunday of Labor Day weekend this year. Deluxe gets lifted on Monday. SoCal and DCA on Monday, but not Disneyland.

I don't think we're going to see particularly heavy crowds that weekend, or really any weekend this fall.

George Lucas on a Bench

20190822_123345_HDR.jpg

planodisney

Average-to-low crowds in both parks yesterday. No rush of Deluxe APs to speak of.

I'm leaning towards thinking we're not really going to see any rush until RotR opens, if at all.

SWGE as it is today is just not that big of a deal to most people.
DLR fans better hope you’re right!
Because if GE opens at Hollywood Studios to huge crowds and long lines the discussion is going to shift very quickly from what’s wrong with GE, to what wrong in Anaheim, particularly internally.
That will be TERRIBLE for DLR.

RescueTheDay

Because if GE opens at Hollywood Studios to huge crowds and long lines the discussion is going to shift very quickly from what’s wrong with GE, to what wrong in Anaheim, particularly internally.

No it won’t be, cause they’re expecting crowds at WDW no matter what. You’ll most likely just see the crowds taken from other parks through and no real growth.

SirWillow

Not sure how often you visit the DLR, but it actually has been busy all the time for a minute now, this summer excluded.

Not sure how often you've been to WDW, but while DLR's crowds will ebb and flow with seasons and weekday/ weekends, WDW's no longer does- it's just plain packed busy all of the time now.

Disneyland has certainly been busier than it was in the past (18.6 million guests last year), but Magic Kingdom still had 2+ million more, and you really can't find any slow days at WDW anymore. You can still find them at Disneyland, even before the Star Wars brouhaha. :)

And this is what I'm betting is going to happen. I know that there is a lot of anticipation from people I know to get to WDW and visit SWGE. One of the ongoing things I've heard as to why there and not California is variations of "we're not blocked out." It's scary how many times I've heard that.

It's an Anaheim and major leadership and PR blunders thing, not a Star Wars thing.

Californian Elitist

Not sure how often you've been to WDW, but while DLR's crowds will ebb and flow with seasons and weekday/ weekends, WDW's no longer does- it's just plain packed busy all of the time now.

Disneyland has certainly been busier than it was in the past (18.6 million guests last year), but Magic Kingdom still had 2+ million more, and you really can't find any slow days at WDW anymore. You can still find them at Disneyland, even before the Star Wars brouhaha. :)

Again, Disneyland has been seeing huge crowds daily for a long time. The on and off days ended a long time ago. This summer was different, however Disneyland has been crowded any and every day of the week before that. Pick a day, it didn’t matter. The crowds were there. How many times did we talk about how there’s no off season anymore?

WDW is irrelevant here.

MickeySoCal

Also as part of the consideration is the price of operation per guest. WDW numbers are higher in aggregate, but its an enormous operation compared to DLR.

Also, the visits are different. A lot of WDW guests are once in a lifetime guests, unlike Anaheim which is based on huge numbers of repeat visitors.

I hope that SW:GE can be a success, it is has all the right elements, but it needs more energy, more life. It could be done with a little investment.

BubbaQuest

No it won’t be, cause they’re expecting crowds at WDW no matter what. You’ll most likely just see the crowds taken from other parks through and no real growth.

That's what I'm wondering. Will DHS SW:GE increase ticket sales, or will it just be the same people that would have purchased a 4 day ticket with or without it. The only difference I expect will be people spending a whole day in DHS instead of just 2 hours.

truecoat

That's what I'm wondering. Will DHS SW:GE increase ticket sales, or will it just be the same people that would have purchased a 4 day ticket with or without it. The only difference I expect will be people spending a whole day in DHS instead of just 2 hours.

A whole day just standing in line for the few rides they have.

shambolicdefending

A whole day just standing in line for the few rides they have.
Isn't this the disadvantage they accept by cloning attractions in each park instead of building them uniquely?

Everybody headed to Orlando has had months to see what is (or isn't) there in Anaheim. I have to think that's going to blunt any big surge in the swamps.

Until RotR opens and (maybe) blows us all away, I think the land in general will disappoint on both coasts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom