What's with the wait times!? (hint.. they're low)

BrianLo

How large is the deluxe market? Is this the majority of APs back in? Or are we still missing a large number? When do the rest get access?

I think the unblocking of the SoCal passes is more important next week.

Typically this is not a busy time for the DLR, but I was worried the shoe would drop (especially with a not insignificant D23 contingent arriving).

Sailor310

How large is the deluxe market? Is this the majority of APs back in? Or are we still missing a large number? When do the rest get access?
The deluxe APs were unblocked Monday for DL. It was a 6/10 on TP. The bigger group, lower- level SL,SC APs were unblocked for DCA. It was 10/10! Everybody is unblocked for DL Sep 3. People poo poo TP's estimates, but they say only 7/10 for DL on the 3rd.

Come Sept 10th, there's weeks of 1/10 and 2/10s. We'll see.

Last edited:

shambolicdefending

Average-to-low crowds in both parks yesterday. No rush of Deluxe APs to speak of.

I'm leaning towards thinking we're not really going to see any rush until RotR opens, if at all.

SWGE as it is today is just not that big of a deal to most people.

shambolicdefending

From what I've heard, Deluxe is generally believed to be the least popular pass outside of maybe Sig+.

I can't remember the source, exactly. But remember SoCal was said to be the most popular, followed by Select and Sig.

shambolicdefending

Flex can go any day they want with a reservation that you can still get same day. So really just the So Cal APs that are blocked from DL
Correct. Good clarification.

I'm watching the flex pass with a lot of interest. Curious to see how it grows and how much more difficult it will be to get reservations at various times once it goes through a full renewal cycle.

mickEblu

Correct. Good clarification.

I'm watching the flex pass with a lot of interest. Curious to see how it grows and how much more difficult it will be to get reservations at various times once it goes through a full renewal cycle.

It’s probably going to get a lot more difficult. I let my Sig pass expire in November because I just wasn’t seeing the value anymore but got sucked back in when they introduced the Flex Pass in June. I know a couple So Cal APs who switched to Flex too since they let them bring over their grandfathered parking. I figured the first year was the year to get it. Not sure how much longer it will be so easy to get a reservation. I’m sure the Flex will start breaking into different tiers and one will probably have to reserve high demand days weeks in advance.

TP2000

The low crowds continue this week, and if anything the wait times are dropping further as the week progresses.

Here are the wait times just before 3 o'clock in the afternoon, Pacific time. Another sunny warm day.

Matterhorn Bobsleds - Temporarily Closed
Small World - 5 Minutes
Star Tours, Incredicoaster, Pirates, Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion - 10 Minutes (Mansion is posted at "13", their clever way of saying no wait)
Submarines, Indiana Jones - 20 Minutes
Guardians of the Galaxy, Soarin', Grizzly River Run - 35 Minutes
Thunder Mountain, Millennium Falcon: Target Run - 40 Minutes
Hyperspace Mountain - 45 Minutes
Splash Mountain - 60 Minutes
Radiator Springs Racers - 70 Minutes

EDIT:
This is odd. Just after I posted that the App refreshed, Matterhorn reopened, but most of the Pixar Pier rides are now listed as Temporarily Closed, Fun Wheel, Midway Mania, Incredicoaster, etc. are all now closed. So something weird is going on in Pixar Pier, maybe a fire alarm or something? That will impact wait times now in DCA, but I think the wait times captured above just before that Pier oddness reflect how slow and mellow the Disneyland Resort is today.

mickEblu

The low crowds continue this week, and if anything the wait times are dropping further as the week progresses.

Here are the wait times just before 3 o'clock in the afternoon, Pacific time. Another sunny warm day.

Small World - 5 Minutes
Star Tours, Incredicoaster, Pirates, Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion - 10 Minutes (Mansion is posted at "13", their clever way of saying no wait)

EDIT:
This is odd. Just after I posted that the App refreshed, Matterhorn reopened, but most of the Pixar Pier rides are now listed as Temporarily Closed, Fun Wheel, Midway Mania, Incredicoaster, etc. are all now closed. So something weird is going on in Pixar Pier, maybe a fire alarm or something? That will impact wait times now in DCA, but I think the wait times captured above just before that Pier oddness reflect how slow and mellow the Disneyland Resort is today.

Well looks like it’s not the Deluxes that are crowding the place

TrainsOfDisney

Getting a little warm but it’s a great day in DL park crowd wise. Got here about 9:30 and hit Peter Pan, Alice, small world, roger and pirates with low waits (20 posted for pan was the longest). Now enjoying the wonderful live musicians of the park.

disneylandcm

Small World - 5 Minutes

EDIT:
There were some minor power issues in some areas that maybe caused that?

SirWillow

Well, it is the middle of the week after school started, which is traditionally one of the slowest times of the year. I'm waiting to see what the weekends are like, which is when people are off work and kids are out of school, and more of the passes are unblocked. Disneyland isn't like WDW where it's busy all of the time. It's very dependent on passes and people's work and school schedules.

If it's still dead during Labor Day weekend, then that's a whole other issue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom