What's with the wait times!? (hint.. they're low)

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Can somoene answer me why they call it D23? I am not being smart. I don't get where the name comes from. i know it is like Disney's own version of comic-con but why do they call it D23? Are they going to stop once they do 23 of them??

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Can somoene answer me why they call it D23? I am not being smart. I don't get where the name comes from. i know it is like Disney's own version of comic-con but why do they call it D23? Are they going to stop once they do 23 of them??
D as in Disney.
23 as in 1923 the year The Walt Disney Company was started by Walt and Roy.

Geez you call yourself a Disney fan. ;):p:cool:

TrainsOfDisney

D23 is the official fan club / membership. D23 expo really isn’t D23 now... it’s disneys corporate convention for the public. I’m quite surprised they have continued the D23 branding for the convention to be honest.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
D23 is the official fan club / membership. D23 expo really isn’t D23 now... it’s disneys corporate convention for the public. I’m quite surprised they have continued the D23 branding for the convention to be honest.

Comic-Con is all corporate and has been for years now. So why wouldn't Disney continue D23 Expo in the same vein.

The whole company is branding and has been since day one.

By the way, D23 was started by Iger. Just a fun tidbit I thought everyone would like.

TrainsOfDisney

Comic-Con is all corporate and has been for years now. So why wouldn't Disney continue D23 Expo in the same vein.

The whole company is branding and has been since day one.

By the way, D23 was started by Iger. Just a fun tidbit I thought everyone would like.

Sorry I wasn’t complaining as much as stating a fact. D23 doesn’t seem like a D23 event the way Destination D does for example.

BrianLo

Real feel... this feels like a normal day at Disneyland. The wait times aren’t necessarily dramatic, but nothing is exactly a walk on without spending 10-15 minutes in the sun. It definitely feels more crowded in navigating the park.

Unsurprisingly the usual players like FL feel crowded and Galaxies Edge not so bad, even if I think the 60 min wait time is true for Smugglers Run.

The single rider queue was closed and it was a walk on, on Wednesday.

SirWillow

What's the supposed benefit of inflating wait times?

I understand it at closing. But why the middle of the afternoon?

Because guests are always pleasantly surprised when they find out they waited less time than they expected to get on a ride, but usually not happy when the wait is longer than what they planned. It's a way to keep the guests happy- and to also build in a bit of a cushion just in case there is a surge in the line length.

shambolicdefending

Because guests are always pleasantly surprised when they find out they waited less time than they expected to get on a ride, but usually not happy when the wait is longer than what they planned. It's a way to keep the guests happy- and to also build in a bit of a cushion just in case there is a surge in the line length.
That makes sense if they're 10 minutes or so high (which many rides often are), but doubling the time intentionally seems a little ridiculous.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom