What's with the wait times!? (hint.. they're low)

SirWillow

It wouldn't be busy because, y'know, weekend, kids are out of school for the weekend, people aren't working, and some of the passes can get in now when they couldn't before...

No, must be something else because y'know, Star Wars sucks and no one wants to come to a park with Star Wars in it. :p

malice

I just saw this on Instagram

B68819D9-5FC6-406B-B76A-91086E34FD46.jpeg

Ahora!

mickEblu

I just saw this on Instagram

View attachment 403831

Ahora!

Except wait times are great in Galaxies Edge too. Lol.

Everyone’s unblocked and now all of sudden AP parents care about their kids school? I’ve been to the park many a School night at 11pm only to see toddlers in line for a ride they don’t even want to go on and are scared of just so their selfish parent can go on Mr. Toad for the 467th time.

That parent was me.

Disney Analyst

Except wait times are great in Galaxies Edge too. Lol.

Everyone’s unblocked and now all of sudden AP parents care about their kids school? I’ve been to the park many a School night at 11pm only to see toddlers in line for a ride they don’t even want to go on and are scared of just so their selfish parent can go on Mr. Toad for the 467th time.

That parent was me.

I don't think everyone is unblocked until September 3rd actually.

mickEblu

You learn more at a day at Disneyland then You do at school anyway.

Disneyland can teach you about...

Patience- how many times can you get rammed in the ankle without lashing out?

Strategy/ Planning - just try getting a friend on all his favorite rides with just a one day park hopper on a busy holiday weekend.

Exercise- unfortunately they haven’t invented a WALK PASS yet. You still have to walk from the cheese dog stand at DCA to the plaza inn at Disneyland.

Survival skills- you learn how to properly hydrate. Conserve battery life on your phone for emergencies like avoiding having to walk to the nearest wait time board or talking to a stranger.

Environment- the only place I don’t litter at is Disneyland. But give me my plastic straw dammit.

mandelbrot

Well, it is the middle of the week after school started, which is traditionally one of the slowest times of the year. I'm waiting to see what the weekends are like, which is when people are off work and kids are out of school, and more of the passes are unblocked. Disneyland isn't like WDW where it's busy all of the time. It's very dependent on passes and people's work and school schedules.

If it's still dead during Labor Day weekend, then that's a whole other issue.
With exception of Presidents Day, holiday weekends have been uncrowded for the last couple of years.

socalifornian

You learn more at a day at Disneyland then You do at school anyway.

Disneyland can teach you about...

Patience- how many times can you get rammed in the ankle without lashing out?

Strategy/ Planning - just try getting a friend on all his favorite rides with just a one day park hopper on a busy holiday weekend.

Exercise- unfortunately they haven’t invented a WALK PASS yet. You still have to walk from the cheese dog stand at DCA to the plaza inn at Disneyland.

Survival skills- you learn how to properly hydrate. Conserve battery life on your phone for emergencies like avoiding having to walk to the nearest wait time board or talking to a stranger.

Environment- the only place I don’t litter at is Disneyland. But give me my plastic straw dammit.
Bro I’ve studied for a test at Disneyland. Where else can you get an undergrad education?

socalifornian

Lol.

The last time I was at TSI I saw two people reading books in the shade. Was that you?
I was at Zocalo but that sounds like a better spot. The work/school routine was getting monotonous so I went to DLR by myself with the intent to study and have fun. I guess there’s technically room for improvement with the 98 I got in the class, good enough for me tho haha. Studying at a theme park can work, and I was even taking in the finer details of the Doritos birthplace

mickEblu

I was at Zocalo but that sounds like a better spot. The work/school routine was getting monotonous so I went to DLR by myself with the intent to study and have fun. I guess there’s technically room for improvement with the 98 I got in the class, good enough for me tho haha. Studying at a theme park can work, and I was even taking in the finer details of the Doritos birthplace

Try TSI. It’s very quiet and quite pleasant in the shade.

Model3 McQueen

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Mom and dad just got back from a 3 day trip. They of course had fun and love Disneyland, but they don't critique it nearly as much as I do.

I asked them how it was. A few things stood out.. 1, they said the prices are stupid, 2. They said there was seemingly less shows than usual, 3. The crowds were the lowest they've seen In a really, really long time, and 4. They weren't all that impressed with SWL (they didn't even queue up for Millennium Falcon!).

This is coming from my parents who are really easy going when it comes to the parks. They don't get caught up in the little things like we (okay, I) tend to do lol.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Mom and dad just got back from a 3 day trip. They of course had fun and love Disneyland, but they don't critique it nearly as much as I do.

I asked them how it was. A few things stood out.. 1, they said the prices are stupid, 2. They said there was seemingly less shows than usual, 3. The crowds were the lowest they've seen In a really, really long time, and 4. They weren't all that impressed with SWL (they didn't even queue up for Millennium Falcon!).

This is coming from my parents who are really easy going when it comes to the parks. They don't get caught up in the little things like we (okay, I) tend to do lol.
More importantly did they ride HyperSpace and GotG:MB and enjoy them?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom