What's with the wait times!? (hint.. they're low)

George Lucas on a Bench

Wouldn't it be nice if that were true.

What if everyone decided that Disneyland were for Peter Pan syndrome fat vloggers and children only? That any adult without kids that would venture into Disneyland was considered mentally unstable. What if you mentioned you have annual passes to Disneyland to a co-worker and they gave you a strange look and backed away? What if Disneyland had normal crowd levels all year and people just bought temporary park hoppers or regular tickets and didn't show up every night treating it like a mall?

My dog, it would be wonderful!
CiTHisaUYAIgDlA.jpg

Sounds awful.

mickEblu

I guess the AP bring a friend thing is ending at the end of the month. Otherwise there is no reason to use the ticket booths.

Oh wow I just realized where that line ends. Still doesn’t necessarily mean it will be too busy as most people who pay for the day will want to take advantage of the day and get there early.

Generally long security lines, ticket booth lines and parking lines don’t mean much at 8:30am. Of course there is a difference between long and cars backed up all the way to Harbor blvd.

smooch

The end-of-summer slump took about half a week longer to kick in than the last couple of years. But it's in full swing now. Low crowds across the board for most of the last fortnight.

Monday is a big day. All DCA blockouts are lifted, and Deluxe comes unblocked at Disneyland. Will we finally see the big SW:GE rush that we expected back in May?

While crowds will definitely be bigger than they have been I don't expect a huge rush for SW:GE even for the AP's who haven't been able to go so far. Sure it will be busier but I doubt it will be what Disney would hope for, plus Disney apparently isn't competent enough to keep their Star Wars merch in their Star Wars land in stock without changing policies every week (kyber crystal with holcron purchase, cant buy extra scrap to buying any scrap you want to only two pieces of same style within two days, etc) so even if they do come in and want to spend their money on merch, it's entirely possible what they want will be out of stock anyways. I could be ignorant and completely wrong I guess only time will tell.

Last edited:

mickEblu

While crowds will definitely be bigger than they have been I don't expect a huge rush for SW:GE even for the AP's who haven't been able to go so far. Sure it will be busier but I doubt it will be what Disney would hope for, plus Disney apparently isn't competent enough to keep their Star Wars merch in their Star Wars land in stock without changing policies every week (kyber crystal with holcron purchase, cant buy extra scrap to buying any scrap you want to only two pieces of same style within two days, etc) so even if they do come in and want to spend their money on merch, it's entirely possible what they want will be out of stock anyways. I could be ignorant and completely wrong I guess only time will tell.

SWGE will be busy-ish for 2-3 weeks and then those APs will be over it just like the rest of us...until ROTR opens.

voodoo321

Touring Plans says 9/10 overall for Monday (where 10/10 is worst case). DL 8/10, DCA 10/10
I wouldn't put much faith in Touring Plans. They are as wrong as they are right. I know they can't be perfect but they aren't at all honest about their "how we did" accuracy. And don't depend on their apps with wait times and closures. They will have you running in circles. They are a business, plain and simple. I'm paid up for the year on their site, but will never renew.

shambolicdefending

I wouldn't put much faith in Touring Plans. They are as wrong as they are right. I know they can't be perfect but they aren't at all honest about their "how we did" accuracy. And don't depend on their apps with wait times and closures. They will have you running in circles. They are a business, plain and simple. I'm paid up for the year on their site, but will never renew.

Their future predictions aren't all that good. I only use them for their retrospective ratings, which are quite informative.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
SWGE will be busy-ish for 2-3 weeks and then those APs will be over it just like the rest of us...until ROTR opens.
The parks were fairly busy today with most attractions averaging over 30 min waits. Falcon appeared to stay above 70 min all day. While ST was 30-45 mins every time I checked. Even right now ST is 25 mins which is practically walk-on for that attraction. Falcon has the longest wait right now at 70 mins with the exception of Matterhorn at 90 mins. Which I assume is because they are still only running 1 side.

So we'll see how things fair in the next couple weeks.

mickEblu

The parks were fairly busy today with most attractions averaging over 30 min waits. Falcon appeared to stay above 70 min all day. While ST was 30-45 mins every time I checked. Even right now ST is 25 mins which is practically walk-on for that attraction. Falcon has the longest wait right now at 70 mins with the exception of Matterhorn at 90 mins. Which I assume is because they are still only running 1 side.

So we'll see how things fair in the next couple weeks.

I think the lines are probably mostly due to the $99 deal ending.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I think the lines are probably mostly due to the $99 deal ending.
No doubt, but that wasn't the point of the post. Its to show that APs are already starting to come back and flock to Falcon. So as they start unblocking next week we're going to see those wait times rise a lot.

By mid-September (when school is in full swing and all APs unblocked) we'll have to see how the wait times look then.

mickEblu

No doubt, but that wasn't the point of the post. Its to show that APs are already starting to come back and flock to Falcon. So as they start unblocking next week we're going to see those wait times rise a lot.

By mid-September (when school is in full swing and all APs unblocked) we'll have to see how the wait times look then.

But APs aren’t unblocked yet. It’s the same ol Signatures and Flexs that have been able to see it all summer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom