What's with the wait times!? (hint.. they're low)

Mac Tonight

All freeways have accidents at all times no matter what direction you drive. Someone will always screw up your commute.
But 99% of the time when there is slow traffic, there is never any accidents. It's just distracted drivers driving poorly. Then it randomly clears up. Honestly, the 5 when it goes down to 2 lanes before the 710 is the worst spot. And then once you hit the wider bit in Orange County, everyone drives faster.

Phroobar

But 99% of the time when there is slow traffic, there is never any accidents. It's just distracted drivers driving poorly. Then it randomly clears up. Honestly, the 5 when it goes down to 2 lanes before the 710 is the worst spot. And then once you hit the wider bit in Orange County, everyone drives faster.
Being local, I try to avoid those areas. Traffic has a memory. There might have been an accident earlier in the day. After it's been cleared up, cars still slow down in the same area for no reason for hours after.

Mac Tonight

Being local, I try to avoid those areas. Traffic has a memory. There might have been an accident earlier in the day. After it's been cleared up, cars still slow down in the same area for no reason for hours after.
I'm a firm believer in the brake-light theory where that when anyone sees a brake light (especially one in an adjacent lane) they automatically slow down and that in turn sends a ripple of braking down the line.

This is in theory only, but traffic should move like a train where cars in a line are maintaining the same speed. Instead, it functions like an accordion, squishing and expanding distances between vehicles. This alone causes more "traffic" than any accident.

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I'm a firm believer in the brake-light theory where that when anyone sees a brake light (especially one in an adjacent lane) they automatically slow down and that in turn sends a ripple of braking down the line.

This is in theory only, but traffic should move like a train where car in a line are maintaining the same speed. Instead, it functions like an accordion, squishing and expanding distances between vehicles. This alone causes more "traffic" than any accident.
This is why autonomous cars will eventually take over. It'll clear up traffic and make everyone happier.

Phroobar

This is in theory only, but traffic should move like a train where cars in a line are maintaining the same speed. Instead, it functions like an accordion, squishing and expanding distances between vehicles. This alone causes more "traffic" than any accident.
That is why you should always drive "in the gap".

sponono88

Not sure if this was already posted — I got this email today. “hey we’re still here! “

I wonder what percentage of people are not showing up because they don’t realize they’re only blocked out at one park.

Last edited:

mickEblu

Not sure if this was already posted — I got this email today. “hey we’re still here! “

I wonder what percentage of people are not showing up because they don’t realize they’re only blocked out at one park.

View attachment 395472

Honestly they re just greedy. I went to the parks last Sunday and they were fairly busy. DCA more so. God forbid people can walk around and not feel like they re in an ant farm

Model3 McQueen

Original Poster
In the Parks
No

View attachment 395472

And now I wonder if all those cheap "upgrades" (and I use that term very loosely) are slowly driving passholders away from DCA?

Edit: just checked the wait times. Looks like I may be wrong :/

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes

View attachment 395472

The sad part is that DCA is crowded enough. Last few times I’ve wanted to go in there and the wait times have been ridiculous. Especially Midway Mania.

mandelbrot

The sad part is that DCA is crowded enough. Last few times I’ve wanted to go in there and the wait times have been ridiculous. Especially Midway Mania.
DCA Has very few premium attractions so they always have long waits. So many guests I talk to say that they go to DCA because they can drink there. It's the park's number one appeal. If Disneyland expands alcohol service, expect DCA's attendance to drop. That, more than any other reason, is why Disneyland is slow to expand alcohol sales. It's coming, though.

DCA needs at least three more headliner attractions to become a true destination in its own right. The current attraction mix isn't enough to overcome its Downtown Disney-with-some-rides status.

shambolicdefending

DCA Has very few premium attractions so they always have long waits. So many guests I talk to say that they go to DCA because they can drink there. It's the park's number one appeal. If Disneyland expands alcohol service, expect DCA's attendance to drop. That, more than any other reason, is why Disneyland is slow to expand alcohol sales. It's coming, though.

DCA needs at least three more headliner attractions to become a true destination in its own right. The current attraction mix isn't enough to overcome its Downtown Disney-with-some-rides status.

I agree with this. Some of my family's favorite attractions are in DCA, but after half a day you run out of different stuff to do.

flynnibus

Premium Member

It's really the opposite. The problem is it's all big attractions and all the minor/filler things are total passes. That means you blow through the park too quick and get bored.

mickEblu

It's really the opposite. The problem is it's all big attractions and all the minor/filler things are total passes. That means you blow through the park too quick and get bored.

All big attractions? All 5 of them? It needs more headliners. Specifically more the family can do together. A couple more C/D ticket dark rides too.

Touchdown

There’s 6 big attractions (grizzly is an e ticket)
Also 2 charming dark rides that I always manage to ride, and while I don’t hit it every day I’m there, Frozen and Philharmagic are really good too. It’s on scale with DHS, AK. DL is so out of proportion compared to other Disney Parks that you guys get skewed. DCA has plenty of big rides, it does need more D/C tickets.

mickEblu

There’s 6 big attractions (grizzly is an e ticket)
Also 2 charming dark rides that I always manage to ride, and while I don’t hit it every day I’m there, Frozen and Philharmagic are really good too. It’s on scale with DHS, AK. DL is so out of proportion compared to other Disney Parks that you guys get skewed. DCA has plenty of big rides, it does need more D/C tickets.

I said 5 because I wasn’t counting TSMM. I refuse to count the 100% screen ride with dim dark screens that they refuse to maintain.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom