"What's Next?" presentation December 7th

pumpkin7

They need to announce that they are fixing Splash Mountain! Sod anything new, fix what's already there, then announce something new.

WDW1974

If by "fire" you mean putting me out of my misery...please.

How serious is DD about helping me get rid of you (i mean, putting you out of your permanent misery) and running away with me? Seems like a win-win-win situation to me ...

danlb_2000

Premium Member
My guesses on what they will talk about in order from most likely to least:

- Princess Fairytale hall
- Mine ride
- Fantasyland entertainment
- Test Track
- Jack Sparrow Attraction
- Fastpass+

I think anything beyond this would be gravy.

SirLink

- Mine ride
- Test Track
- Fastpass+

I would even say you probably won't get Avatar concept art, but hey everone loves Spas right? right? right?!

cjk0318

- Mine ride
- Test Track
- Fastpass+

You're spot on my friend! Maybe even without mentions of Avatar..

CaptainShortty

My guess is it is an update on another piece of the NextGen project. Of which, I am not allowed to say exactly what but this said piece is set to be seen in the parks only a few weeks after the announcement's date.

CaptainShortty

Is it something that hasn't already been discussed on here?
Yes and no. It is something that has been discussed already but in a different form. Sorry but I really am not allowed to say much more than that. I'm not even allowed to tell my Cast Members! It's not monumentally groundbreaking but it is IMO, pretty cool.

bubbles1812

Disney is one of the top companies that kids out of college want to work for, right up there with Apple and Google. Somebody could also work at an Apple store and figure they'd be in line for a job with Apple at headquarters involved with design, but of course, these companies take just some of the best for the higher up positions.

I think people confuse the "Disney Magic" and "dreams come true" with the realities of the job market, and like any highly regarded corporation, it is hard to get the coveted jobs at Disney.

Sorry but where did you get that fact? I am not too far out of college (graduated 2.5 years ago, now in professional school) and not once have I ever met someone who expressed a desire to work for Disney. I have a brother who graduated less than a year ago, and he never met anyone who wanted to. And I also have a brother who is a junior in college and yet again, knows no one who wants to work for Disney. Obviously, somewhat small sample size but I think it's pretty obvious you made this one up. Disney's college program is certainly a success but even then, I haven't met all that many who want to stay with the company after they have completed their program. For most, Disney is a few years at max and then move on type of job. Now if you are talking about "corporate jobs," which is what I assume you are trying to talk about, still, for most in my age group, I have met very few who have expressed the desire to work for Disney.

Pixiedustmaker

Sorry but where did you get that fact? I am not too far out of college (graduated 2.5 years ago, now in professional school) and not once have I ever met someone who expressed a desire to work for Disney. I have a brother who graduated less than a year ago, and he never met anyone who wanted to. And I also have a brother who is a junior in college and yet again, knows no one who wants to work for Disney. Obviously, somewhat small sample size but I think it's pretty obvious you made this one up. Disney's college program is certainly a success but even then, I haven't met all that many who want to stay with the company after they have completed their program. For most, Disney is a few years at max and then move on type of job. Now if you are talking about "corporate jobs," which is what I assume you are trying to talk about, still, for most in my age group, I have met very few who have expressed the desire to work for Disney.

http://business.time.com/2012/05/16/google-apple-top-list-of-ideal-companies-for-grads/

Disney is in the top five companies that college age kids would like to work, in addition to Apple and Google.

I think everybody daydreams about working for Disney.

How did I find this article?

That's where this little company called Google comes in, if you have a question that can be easily answered by finding the correct recent news article, you can use the Google Magic Machine to find said article instead of wasting electrons on long forum posts. ;-)

M.rudolf

My guess is it is an update on another piece of the NextGen project. Of which, I am not allowed to say exactly what but this said piece is set to be seen in the parks only a few weeks after the announcement's date.
Shortty what's your bus route, because if your not a driver I'd but money that your a line supe in one of the quick service restaurants?

CaptainShortty

Shortty what's your bus route, because if your not a driver I'd but money that your a line supe in one of the quick service restaurants?

I'm a resort front desk manager, thank you very much. You don't have to believe me but what I hear from the mouth of Kevin Myers is much more than whatever you think you know.

As I said, I'm not allowed to say anything as per direction from people that make much more than I. I wish I was allowed to spill and tell all of you but I would loose my job so instead I come on here and say what I can. Sorry (not really) if that offends you but in the end it's up to you if you want to believe me. But trust me, in the end I'll be the one with the nametag helping run the show and you'll just be trying to keep up with the rumors you see on pages like these.

**To those of you that have respected the secrecy I must keep, thank you. I appreciate it greatly!

Taylor

I'm a resort front desk manager, thank you very much. You don't have to believe me but what I hear from the mouth of Kevin Myers is much more than whatever you think you know.

As I said, I'm not allowed to say anything as per direction from people that make much more than I. I wish I was allowed to spill and tell all of you but I would loose my job so instead I come on here and say what I can. Sorry (not really) if that offends you but in the end it's up to you if you want to believe me. But trust me, in the end I'll be the one with the nametag helping run the show and you'll just be trying to keep up with the rumors you see on pages like these.

**To those of you that have respected the secrecy I must keep, thank you. I appreciate it greatly!
You know the guy from American pie (Kevin Myers)!

M.rudolf

I guess you missed your company wide directive of last month not to frequent or post on any sites that are related to or Indirectly related to Disney rumors or the procedures of the Disney company. As for running the show I honestly find it funny that you would throw out names like Kevin Myers I'm sure when this passes his desk Monday morning he will have a good laugh. I'm sure you hear a lot, buts its what your supposed to hear. I'm also sure,positive that Disney loves that you pass what you know to us fanboys. You know it all buddy thanks. Remember what you know is rumors I try not to deal in those. I'll put my record against yours any day of the week. Running the show I honestly find it hard to believe that you'd be running a pay toilet. So please don't be condescending I think Disney would rather you worried about helping the next guest rather than thinking about what your gonna go home and type on the magic blog. Respect the secrecy,the minute you began posting here you lost secrecy you do yourself a disservice to think otherwise. How do you know who does and doesn't work for Disney, how do know that some of the people that do work there just weren't dumb enough to post it. So when you have a chance come off your horse read these the blogs you look like you have a lot too catch up on it also looks like you need to realize there are people here that have given this board a lot of legitimate info other than yourself. I guess I'll drop a dime to Mr Myers in the morning to make sure he knows he has a dissenter in the ranks.Remember what you know is very little,what you don't know could fill a couple of warehouses. I know a few Disney lifers, they always want people to respect the authority that they don't really possess
*** I guess being a resort front desk manager is like being a stationary bus driver, they both have a hard time directing traffic. To those of you I've offended at this point I really don't care.***

M.rudolf

Pipe down buddy, everything he's said in this and the hilarious pay-for-Fastpass thread has been spot on. Very specific details of the program including dates have been outlined to large numbers of management level CMs across property.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what piece will be first. Heck, they were testing it in what I'd call 90% mode today.
First I'm not your buddy,dont know you.I understand that he may have been right but you don't know of some of the tactics he's used I don't appreciate it and others don't either. What are you trying to get a free set of ears on your next stay maybe an extra night on the mouse. I'm so very glad that I'm the subject of your first post. How about you crawl under the rock that you jt and a few of the other magic trolls live under

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom