"What's Next?" presentation December 7th

M.rudolf

Why doesn't he tell you what's really going to happen with next gen.
Step 1 slow removal of fastpass as we know it
Step 2 if your not staying at a on property resort no access to any form of fast pass
Step 3 removal of fastpass from the value resorts and mods it will become a buy in if wanted
Step 4 have only free fastpass for people that stay at a deluxe resort.
That's your basic outline. Sure will it nice to have a bracelet that you can charge things to your room and get into your room with, but the majority of what's about to come isn't as great as it seems. I'm sure the front desk knows something's and I don't mean to be offensive but facts are facts something's aren't changing for good, some of the things I've seen and heard will drum up a lot of concern here and in other communities

asianway

I guess you missed your company wide directive of last month not to frequent or post on any sites that are related to or Indirectly related to Disney rumors or the procedures of the Disney company. As for running the show I honestly find it funny that you would throw out names like Kevin Myers I'm sure when this passes his desk Monday morning he will have a good laugh. I'm sure you hear a lot, buts its what your supposed to hear. I'm also sure,positive that Disney loves that you pass what you know to us fanboys. You know it all buddy thanks. Remember what you know is rumors I try not to deal in those. I'll put my record against yours any day of the week. Running the show I honestly find it hard to believe that you'd be running a pay toilet. So please don't be condescending I think Disney would rather you worried about helping the next guest rather than thinking about what your gonna go home and type on the magic blog. Respect the secrecy,the minute you began posting here you lost secrecy you do yourself a disservice to think otherwise. How do you know who does and doesn't work for Disney, how do know that some of the people that do work there just weren't dumb enough to post it. So when you have a chance come off your horse read these the blogs you look like you have a lot too catch up on it also looks like you need to realize there are people here that have given this board a lot of legitimate info other than yourself. I guess I'll drop a dime to Mr Myers in the morning to make sure he knows he has a dissenter in the ranks.Remember what you know is very little,what you don't know could fill a couple of warehouses. I know a few Disney lifers, they always want people to respect the authority that they don't really possess
*** I guess being a resort front desk manager is like being a stationary bus driver, they both have a hard time directing traffic. To those of you I've offended at this point I really don't care.***
He's probably the guy that took the call from stitch kingdom at the all stars Saturday...

flynnibus

Premium Member
You know it all buddy thanks. Remember what you know is rumors I try not to deal in those. I'll put my record against yours any day of the week

Put the ego away and stop trying to stomp on people who are sharing what they have seen from their side of the table. Ever since you started sharing tidbits you've got this "hey look at me.. look at my posts... I really started that.." attitude while simultaneously trying to cover it with "i'm not looking for fame.." posts. BS. And posts like these show it.

Stop trying to play 'who knows most' and 'my leak is better than yours'. If you have stuff to share and want to share it. Great. Thanks, we appreciate it. But stop the veiled attempts at fame and thread crapping on others sharing their bits. Respect is given, not taken.

M.rudolf

Put the ego away and stop trying to stomp on people who are sharing what they have seen from their side of the table. Ever since you started sharing tidbits you've got this "hey look at me.. look at my posts... I really started that.." attitude while simultaneously trying to cover it with "i'm not looking for fame.." posts. BS. And posts like these show it.

Stop trying to play 'who knows most' and 'my leak is better than yours'. If you have stuff to share and want to share it. Great. Thanks, we appreciate it. But stop the veiled attempts at fame and thread crapping on others sharing their bits. Respect is given, not taken.
I am playing no such thing if you knew the story behind the post then you might not feel this way. Flynn fact of the matter is lately you stick your nose into other people's issues. I never once tried to stomp out other people's info have nothing but respect for the people supplying it. I could give a care less about who knows what. Fame from the Internet not gonna happen and if you think that I would want that your a bigger fool than I thought. Before you lecture me go to the bathroom look at yourself in the mirror buddy. Facts are facts you've gone to war with numerous people on this board so please continue I promise I won't back away, I don't retreat.there are numerous threads that have been derailed by you. So you can keep up with your pseudo psycho analysis of me but the facts are you know nothing about me. You really have no clue about the reasoning behind my posts. Flynn not to be showing off my egotism, but you saying some else having an ego is like the pot calling the kettle black. Your wrong about respect it's earned.

M.rudolf

Other than this I'd love for you to post any post I've taken where I've swiped at a another poster for providing info. I think I've been accepted into a new club you really aren't a poster here until Flynn rags on you

Captain Neo

Step 2 if your not staying at a on property resort no access to any form of fast pass
Step 3 removal of fastpass from the value resorts and mods it will become a buy in if wanted
That's your basic outline. Sure will it nice to have a bracelet that you can charge things to your room and get into your room with, but the majority of what's about to come isn't as great as it seems. I'm sure the front desk knows something's and I don't mean to be offensive but facts are facts something's aren't changing for good, some of the things I've seen and heard will drum up a lot of concern here and in other communities

This sounds like a dream come true to me

DocMcHulk

Are you serious? That's the plan??? How pathetic.

SirLink

If that's how it is going to work then add me to the list of supporters ... I'd gladly pay extra to have a real Fast Pass.

But when everyone buys one is it really a fast pass, and that point why not do away with all types of "cutting in line" ticket media.

tomman710

But when everyone buys one is it really a fast pass, and that point why not do away with all types of "cutting in line" ticket media.

I don't think everyone will buy it and judging by the rumored information by rudolf it won't even be available to buy except to people staying on site. Perhaps there will even be tiers of service to buy up to ... either way I can't imagine that this doesn't lessen the fast pass lines, thus alleviating the normal lines as well. Now what I don't want is the Universal style of fast pass, where some attractions aren't included.

I want all or nothing. So to your point, if they want to do away with it all entirely then I'd be OK with that too ...

AndyMagic

I just got word on the official announcements for the December presentation:

• Mine Train details will include the announcement of trim breaks every 5 feet, a ride-time of 10 seconds, and an enormous 40 million dollar interactive queue.
  • Avatar will be re-announced with very few new details but expect one or two pieces of concept art showing off all the pretty, interactive places for folks to stand in line.
  • Details will be revealed about a new addition to Frontierland. Upon Splash Mountain's imminent collapse, Disney will replace the attraction with a meticulously themed show-building that will contain the world's largest interactive touch screen. When enough young kids scream in unison, Brer Fox will come on screen and fart repeatedly. Hilarity ensues.
  • The Imagination pavilion will close permanently but an outdoor stage will be set up and home to a show starring The Oogieloves.
  • As part of the ongoing effort to make all Disney rides family friendly, Mission: Space will be eliminating the orange team and replacing it with the periwinkle team. The cabins will neither spin nor pitch and the Mars video will be replaced with inspired new animation involving Duffy the Bear going to the Moon.
  • Tangled bathrooms.

SirLink

I don't think everyone will buy it and judging by the rumored information by rudolf it won't even be available to buy except to people staying on site. Perhaps there will even be tiers of service to buy up to ... either way I can't imagine that this doesn't lessen the fast pass lines, thus alleviating the normal lines as well. Now what I don't want is the Universal style of fast pass, where some attractions aren't included.

I want all or nothing. So to your point, if they want to do away with it all entirely then I'd be OK with that too ...

Well we are missing certain pieces of key information like cost and starting date - but when Fast Pass was first introduced wasn't there fisticuffs near Jungle Cruise for example?

Disney had other options other than Next Gen to reduce, but not completely reduce wait times. But Disney loves to data mine ...

tomman710

Well we are missing certain pieces of key information like cost and starting date - but when Fast Pass was first introduced wasn't there fisticuffs near Jungle Cruise for example?

Disney had other options other than Next Gen to reduce, but not completely reduce wait times. But Disney loves to data mine ...

Oh of course I agree, I do not presume to think that Next Gen was designed to "fix the fast pass" problem, it was at least 99% designed to data mine, my presumption is that some where along the way they decided to possibly charge for fast pass (make more money, let's do it!) and maybe possibly it fixes the fast pass line (see we give back to the guests).

My only point was, like most of us, I have to take what scraps TDO gives me and for me, I have zero problem shilling out bucks for fast pass if it means less people will be utilizing it.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I just got word on the official announcements for the December presentation:

• Mine Train details will include the announcement of trim breaks every 5 feet, a ride-time of 10 seconds, and an enormous 40 million dollar interactive queue.
  • Avatar will be re-announced with very few new details but expect one or two pieces of concept art showing off all the pretty, interactive places for folks to stand in line.
  • Details will be revealed about a new addition to Frontierland. Upon Splash Mountain's imminent collapse, Disney will replace the attraction with a meticulously themed show-building that will contain the world's largest interactive touch screen. When enough young kids scream in unison, Brer Fox will come on screen and fart repeatedly. Hilarity ensues.
  • The Imagination pavilion will close permanently but an outdoor stage will be set up and home to a show starring The Oogieloves.
  • As part of the ongoing effort to make all Disney rides family friendly, Mission: Space will be eliminating the orange team and replacing it with the periwinkle team. The cabins will neither spin nor pitch and the Mars video will be replaced with inspired new animation involving Duffy the Bear going to the Moon.
  • Tangled bathrooms.

I was with you until Tangled Bathrooms, that's just absurd! ;)

M.rudolf

Wow Rudolf you don't usually get into such heated debates. Wonder what the backstory is between you 2.
Thanks Diz that was my point thee only 2 people I only ever argue with is 74 and Jt, in both cases it's good hearted, so when Flynn comes up with the I claim wo is me all the time I say prove it. If anything Flynn has argued with about 70% of the people on this board. If I get into it with someone there is a reason, I don't go after anyone for no reason. I get it though. The funny thing is some of the people that liked his post actually are "supposedly" following me. I don't really care if he wants to come after me fine. But I'm sure that enough people have read his swipes at bubbles and 74 to understand that it's not the first time he's come after people.

ChrisM

I, personally, love this plan.

ChrisM

I don't think m.rudolf was trying to get into a **** measuring contest here, but blowing up info he understands to be incorrect. If you know the facts and someone else is spreading bad information, I can see where it can be pretty annoying.

And he's pretty much the last person on here looking to be exalted or annointed. For most of the news and info he has broken (and most of it has been pretty damn choice) he was extremely reluctant to share and he even shared it through intermediaries as opposed to posting it himself.

I'd give him some breathing room and the benefit of the doubt.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom