"What's Next?" presentation December 7th

menamechris

I'm not a millennial, but all I've read about this generations seems to indicate that the millennials are more concerned about helping others than those who grew up in the "Me" decade of the 1980's, and who knows what those raised during the 1990's think. I think the brat pack films, and a lot about the 1980's and 1990's glorified unhealthy self-absorption.

As Steve Jobs said, death is life's greatest invention. The obsolete models are removed to make way for the new.

Like many of your 5th gate detours, I have been left scratching my head as to how this is relevant to the discussion, or the passage you quoted. Just sayin...

Edit: Not that it requires further explanation, mind you...

The Empress Lilly

'twas a wee little joke
animaatjes-joke-36294.gif

SirLink

I honestly don't think the kid is trolling -- but he is clueless, and it's not entirely his fault. Every 15-year-old boy thinks he knows everything, and no one can tell him differently.

Well I wanted to be a graphics programmer so kinda sent this programmer who I admired tons of emails about which courses to pick etc. I got a job in my field, but I followed advice I was given by others - unlike friends I know.

lazyboy97o

I wasn't talking about you or anyone else. I was talking about the teenager stereotype?
Your behavior is near perfectly in-line with teenage stereotypes regarding arrogance and an unwillingness to listen. For awhile there your attitude was inspiring, now its just upsetting that your ing away good advice, some of which is coming from people who know Imagineers. While you still have time, you're current hostility towards different ideas is what would kill your dreams. But you don't care, you've figured it all out. I truly hope some if the posts found some little place in your head for when you do care.

lazyboy97o

So whats rumored to be in this announcement? Since UO just announced TF
Nothing is going to change because of Transformers. Disney knew it was going to be announced just like all of us. Probably some Avatarland concept art and maybe (purrly my guess) some vague talk about expanding Star Wars Weekends, but not a new attraction of substance.

The Empress Lilly

TDO should reveal avatar now, and save a Grand Reviel (Carsland, DHS 2.0) to compete with HP 2.0
Disney will find it difficult to pit anything against one-to-one against Potter 2.

Cars Land is great, but 'been there, done that'. It will open five years after DCA, when it will be old hat. Pitting instead minor additions will only serve to show the superiority of Potter. Whereas announcing a major, full overhaul of DHS implies Disney admitting defeat to Uni.

If I were Disney, I would pick my battles and just lay low when Potter is announced or opened.

menamechris

Disney will find it difficult to pit anything against one-to-one against Potter 2.

Cars Land is great, but 'been there, done that'. It will open five years after DCA, when it will be old hat. Pitting instead minor additions will only serve to show the superiority of Potter. Whereas announcing a major, full overhaul of DHS implies Disney admitting defeat to Uni.

If I were Disney, I would pick my battles and just lay low when Potter is announced or opened.

I don't disagree, but I do think staggering announcements (large or small) on a consistent basis would go a long way. WDW isn't just fighting Uni now, they are fighting the reputation they have created over the last 10 years. A reputation of being stagnant - and cheap. People want new experiences and attractions. And they wanted them 5 years ago. If a steady stream of new experiences are rolled out over the course of the next couple years - and are strategically announced - it can help change that perception. To wait until Harry Potter is done in 2014 - and then STILL have to take 5 years to build - well...

Jakester

IMO, the one property that can battle HP is StarWars.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom