What Would You Ban?

GenerationX

Tall people, because it's hard to see over them in theaters and during parades.

People that don't speak English (or really basic French), because I like to eavesdrop on other people's conversations while waiting in line.

People that take the boat from the TTC to the Magic Kingdom instead of the monorail, because, seriously, you're at Disneyworld and you pass up a chance to ride the monorail? Just go to Six Flags, freak show.

rob0519

You can ban alcohol in the parks if you want. I have no issue with that, but the resorts and your own room I don't think you can do that. I once saw a guy yelling at his kids were were both appeared to be under six for not moving fast enough with their little suitcases because he was carrying 36 cans of beer to the room right behind them.

Innkeeper's Club

People that take the boat from the TTC to the Magic Kingdom instead of the monorail, because, seriously, you're at Disneyworld and you pass up a chance to ride the monorail? Just go to Six Flags, freak show.
I can defend those people because isn't the line for the boat always a lot less compared to the Monorail? I agree that the Monorail is a lot better and faster, however when people see no line for the boat I can see why they would rather take it.

DaisyDoesDisney

TALL people-- someone actually said- ban tall people.

I think we should also ban people with big feet, don't you? Diabetics? How about people with aggressive hair loss while we're at it?

Or princesses with tails, wooden boys with long noses,.....anyone with large prominent ears...............

Dukeblue1227

I would just say it is a place were thousands of children are so it is not appropriate or needed to drink. I have never understood why people think they must drink to have a good time.

So a) I don't believe I said any such thing. The whole "Disney is for families and that means children and therefore it's not for adults" is the most tired and played out anti Disney argument around. That's solely what I was arguing, that defining a family as having little kids is wrong. Solely.

B) if we must have this disagreement for no reason, then let me counter with I've never understood why people think drinking alcohol means getting drunk and "having a good time."

If I'm having a good steak, I'd like a glass of red wine with it because it pairs well and is good. It's astonishingly no different than having a glass of milk with chocolate chip cookies. I'm not drinking my one glass of wine or my one beer at dinner after a hot day to "have a good time let's get buzzed man" but because it's actually also a beverage. One drink isn't going to make me feel the need to take off my shirt and streak through the parks disrupting everyone's day... Nor alter my state of mind or mood in anyway.

But again, in my original post I made no such argument about alcohol.

Matt_Black

Tall people, because it's hard to see over them in theaters and during parades.

Oh, yeah? Well... That hurts my feelings, because I am tall. I didn't ask to have my head constantly bump into things. So... I think we should ban adults with hair! Only bald people and their children (who have a good chance to become bald themselves) may visit WDW!

DisneyJunkie

Original Poster
OMG!! To the OP-- thanks for creating the ultimate thread in favor of judgy-ness and intolerance. Very ugly. If anyone is sooooo bothered by the behavior of others, may I make a suggestion??- just stay home.

Nice try, but no. The thread was simply about what things people would ban at WDW. Any "judgyness and intolerance" is on the part of those responding, not me.

Hockey89

I would just say it is a place were thousands of children are so it is not appropriate or needed to drink. I have never understood why people think they must drink to have a good time.
I never understand why you tell me what and when to drink.... I love a glass or wine with my steak. ect ect.... THINK OF THE CHILDEN. Is the most boring and lazy argument in the world.

Matt_Black

You realize in Europe and other countries, they drink in front of children ALL THE TIME, and, in fact, occasionally allow the youngsters watered down versions? As comedian Greg Proops said, "Why was America founded by the Puritans? Where was the Italian party boat?"

Hockey89

You realize in Europe and other countries, they drink in front of children ALL THE TIME, and, in fact, occasionally allow the youngsters watered down versions? As comedian Greg Proops said, "Why was America founded by the Puritans? Where was the Italian party boat?"
Yup and they learn it should not be binge drinking... That it is not Taboo.... Just insane

sheriffwoody

The only thing I can think of is smoking, but I feel like for the most part the designated areas are pretty decently located and out of the way. Still, it would be nice to NEVER smell it :)

Also, I'll be another one to defend alcohol. Guess who likes a good beer and knows what her limit is? :) me! I don't drink much at home because of all the extra calories, but during vacation calories don't count! Also, I know plenty of people who act like fools without a drop of alcohol, so you're not going to eliminate those folks.

bethymouse

Wow! Interesting thread really.
Can't ban scooters for elderly folks.
Wish we could ban smoking, but some people like my husband are extremely addicted.:(
Strollers are here to stay, sadly. But, we would hope people would be more courteous in general ( which is why most things get "banned" such as selfie sticks- had to say it!;)).

On a funny note... I would ban wearing rain ponchos on Splash Mountain!:p

ninjaprincesst

I never understand why you tell me what and when to drink.... I love a glass or wine with my steak. ect ect.... THINK OF THE CHILDEN. Is the most boring and lazy argument in the world.
But my points are first, you can teach your kids what you want, but other people should be able to go to Disney and not have people drink in front of OUR kids. My second point is why do you have to have the wine? A glass of ice tea taste much better? If people have to drink to enjoy Disney save a lot of money buy a six pack or bottle of wine and stay home. I am not against drinking I just think there is a time and place and Disney is not it.

Nick Wilde

This doesn't make any sense.....

My family is all over the age of 21, therefore as a family, we can legally drink. Myself and my siblings are all also very much still my parents children, so that entire statement is entirely inaccurate.

I'm not arguing your original point, this very much is an opinion based thread and all opinions should be welcomed, but that statement really irked me... that a family cannot drink because family means children. You just said yourself, age is a number, but then you seem to put an age on the word "children," where one not apply.
When I said family I meant one with children. Usually that's what "family" refers to. Sorry for any confusion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom