What Would You Ban?

ninjaprincesst

I chuckle at the suggestions by some to ban more than single wide strollers, for one, and for another, that people with strollers drive them to run people over. granted, everyone has different experiences, but here are mine:

1-i had four young children (they are now 9,9,9 and 4). but for two trips, we had 2 double wide strollers. because why should i have to rent four strollers at greater expense (and if i am bringing my own from home, they are even bigger than the rentals). plus, for 4 adults to push four strollers, park four strollers, and oh still hold the hand of the 5th child (my nephew)...it's not logical either. (hey, we were nice, the first of two trips we took in April, after Easter break. Parks were not crowded).

2-on the driving around the parks? my wife and i kept one behind the other to minimize traffic. if there was a mob, one would work their way around, the other followed. you would, however, be AMAZED at how many stupid people (or maybe not?) would cut off a family, step in front of a moving stroller, etc. Last time we took strollers, had that happen to us getting into and out of Kiliminjaro, before the stroller parking area. and the person who did it, and lost their shoe in the process, had the audacity to be ticked. till my wife gave it back to them.

what made/makes it hard for anyone, strollers included, are the previously mentioned folks who just have to stop in the middle of a pathway to wait for someone/check a map/etc. but, thats true anywhere, not just WDW. Happens to me all the time as I am commuting in NYC, people just stop in the middle of the sidewalk

As for what to ban? Definitely the iPads-as-cameras. last time there, we sat behind a whole group, 3 or 4 adults, all using iPads as video cameras. Why not just enjoy the show?

People like you are not what makes them irritating its the ones who use them for battering rams to get through the crowds and those people who bring an suv sized stroller on the busses and either block the aisle or throw it up against other people on the bus.

rodmansju

that was something else we did--we never took buses. if we were going to AK or a water park, we drove. ditto with DTD. Monorail everywhere we could, car when we couldn't. partly because of the size/convenience and who really wants to wait for another bus, because you can't fit the entire party on one?

monorails we were guilty of not folding them up, but our kids sat in them, we stood, and people could always get into the car to use the other seats.

would never do the battering ram thing. ouch!

Allym146

Why do you need wine, what is wrong with iced tea? That is my point why do people need alcohol?
Do you work for snapple or something? What's with the fixation on iced tea?

Do you not take your kids to restaurants, sporting events, cook outs? How is a kid seeing drinking at any of those places diff than Disney? I understand that some peoples religious beliefs or personal experiences cause them to be against the consumption of alcohol, but it's this idea that everyone else needs to conform to your way of thinking to appease you that makes no sense. Especially because there isn't any real danger by viewing others have a glass of wine or a beer, as opposed to people wanting to ban smoking because of the health risks to others.

ProjectXBlog

Why do you need wine, what is wrong with iced tea? That is my point why do people need alcohol?
I like your point, but the main reason I wouldn't want alcohol in the parks is because I've been to WS during F&W. The drunkards are very disruptive, and I've heard quite a few horror stories. Another reason was because Walt didn't want alcohol in the parks.
how's the view from that high horse? if an adult of legal age wants to have a beer in the park, then let them. if they act like an idiot and are being disruptive, send them out. i agree that disney isn't supposed to be a frat rager, but banning alcohol in the parks is just absurd. there are people who can responsibly enjoy a drink without getting trashed

ninjaprincesst

No one needs alcohol just like no one needs a trip to Disney.
They're both there to be enjoyed.
If you don't want your kids to see a beer or wine (seriously?) then cover their eyes or, gasp--- don't tell them what's in that low-life's cup.
It is because of everyone's obsession with it like they can't enjoy a meal or have a good time with out it, and alcohol is nothing but a legal drug. Why is it you can only enjoy something if your drunk ? I am not a bad person or stupid or wrong just because I think it belongs in a bar not Disney World. The must disgusting sight is seeing parents push their kids around Epcot with alcohol in their hand.

sheriffwoody

It is because of everyone's obsession with it like they can't enjoy a meal or have a good time with out it, and alcohol is nothing but a legal drug. Why is it you can only enjoy something if your drunk ? I am not a bad person or stupid or wrong just because I think it belongs in a bar not Disney World. The must disgusting sight is seeing parents push their kids around Epcot with alcohol in their hand.
But you can have a drink without being drunk (many people can have 2 or 3 drinks of low alcohol content without feeling any physical affects). Drunkenness comes with excessive drinking, which is a terrible thing, both on yourself and on those around you. I know plenty of people who don't drink because they don't like it or they just choose not to, and that's totally fine! I have plenty of fun without alcohol, but I also like beer, so I enjoy one now and then. We have two different lifestyles, and neither is wrong.

ninjaprincesst

Who said anything about NEED? Can we not just like the taste of wine? (I don't, personally, but a lot do)
It is how everyone gets so defensive if you say anyplace should not have alcohol, it is like no one can enjoy a meal, a concert, a sporting event or anything unless they have alcohol, so yes I would say it is a need.

sheriffwoody

It is how everyone gets so defensive if you say anyplace should not have alcohol, it is like no one can enjoy a meal, a concert, a sporting event or anything unless they have alcohol, so yes I would say it is a need.
Nah...I never get alcohol at events. Too expensive! And MK is a no-alcohol zone, right? Doesn't bother me at all.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Why do you think we are all "obsessed" with it, if we enjoy an adult beverage with a meal? I do agree that parents should not be pushing around their kids in a stroller while drinking a beer, but that is on them, and it is not up to me to judge anyone.

ninjaprincesst

But you can have a drink without being drunk (many people can have 2 or 3 drinks of low alcohol content without feeling any physical affects). Drunkenness comes with excessive drinking, which is a terrible thing, both on yourself and on those around you. I know plenty of people who don't drink because they don't like it or they just choose not to, and that's totally fine! I have plenty of fun without alcohol, but I also like beer, so I enjoy one now and then. We have two different lifestyles, and neither is wrong.
I never said drinking is wrong, I don't think it is, I just think there is a time and place, someone like you, can enjoy a drink when they want and are fine, but you also would still be able to enjoy Disney if it was banned, most people would not.(I have family who run the World showcase marathon straight to Epcot when we land because they have to have it so I am not ant alcohol)

ninjaprincesst

Why do you think we are all "obsessed" with it, if we enjoy an adult beverage with a meal? I do agree that parents should not be pushing around their kids in a stroller while drinking a beer, but that is on them, and it is not up to me to judge anyone.
It is because you would have a coronary if it wasn't there that is my point. I don't think there is anything wrong with it if you don't get drunk it's just how people would have a fit if it was banned (Members of my own family included)

Last edited:

Dukeblue1227

It is because you would have a coronary if it wasn't there that is my point. I don't think there is anything wrong with it if you don't get drunk it's just how people would have a fit if it was banned (Members of my own family included)

I want to say I honestly respect your overall point. I absolutely respect and to some degree agree with it. I actually hate when people cannot have a good time without alcohol. But I really would like to kindly ask you to stop overly generalizing everyone who likes the taste of alcohol as "needing it to enjoy a meal or have a good time."

Do I need the kitchen sink from beaches and cream? No. Is it good for me? No. If I had 10 kitchen sinks would it be irresponsible and be a risk to my health, yes. But if I enjoy ice cream because it is my own personal taste, and not because of how it affects my body, do I need it to have a good time? No. I simply just prefer it over a salad.

You keep saying why not have an iced tea... Well, I don't want an iced tea. What if I adamantly stood against iced tea and said "just drink an avocado smoothie instead!" I'd bet that avocado smoothie would be worse.

If I go somewhere and spend $50 on a steak, I want a nice glass of wine with it. Zero need for alcohol. Zero need for a good time. I want the taste of red wine.

If Disney banned alcohol I'd welcome it warmly, I just hate this lazy, clichéd, generalization that anyone who prefers an alcoholic beverage because of how it pairs to a non alcoholic beverage is automatically ruining the lives of children everywhere and only doing it for the buzz.

Matt_Black

If alcohol wasn't meant to be in WDW, then why do so many characters get drunk in Disney films?

5838457956_3f895b6c61_o.png

1b826102b98a5ecc95a40c14485fa108.jpg

batb_0711.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom