What Would You Ban?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Yeah, we didn't ask for our heads to be constantly bumping into things! In fact, I say tall people are morally superior! Randy Newman agrees with me.

As a tall person who wishes she were 2 inches taller, I concur.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
1) Strollers...
2) Personal scooters...
3) Babies and any kids under the age of 3 (including the parents that think an amusement park is a great place to bring an infant in the middle of July)...
4) Adults that do meet and greets and the proceed to carry on a conversation with the person in the pooh suit or princess dress, not because they are trying to create a moment for their kids as they have no kids with them - but simply because they apparently are a few bricks short of a load...
5) anyone that thinks a tablet or phone is a video camera (hint, I don't go to see a show so I can look at your tablet or phone being held up in front of me so you can get bad video that you'll probably never even watch)...
6) clueless dolts using a handicapped person to avoid lines...
7) all handicap parking (sorry but in my park you have no scooter so that means you're going to be walking and if you can't walk from your car to the transport tram why in the world are here in the first place.... Oh that's right because in most cases the handicapped person isn't even there its just their hang tag that someone decided to borrow so they could park closer).
8) anyone that photobombs
9) anyone that even thinks about jumping a line, holding a spot in the line for someone else (including parents that seem to be trying to give the Duggars a run for their money by having one parent stand in line before a dozen supposed offspring show up right as they approach the end of the line... Not to those people, some of us look at the length of the line to determine the approximate wait time and don't need someone bringing a platoon at the last minute.)
10) anyone that uses a flash or camera with a light up rear display that could pass as a lighthouse, Call me crazy but I'd like to see Peter Pan the way it was intended and those super bright displays showing me the wires and machines behind the magic... well they just spoil it.

Hmm... Now if I get rid of those people I think the park would be pretty much fine... but then I'm not sure there would be enough visitors to keep Disney going.

Seriously, you HAD to go there and include #7......

thomas998

Fast Pass AND the Disney Dining Plan. They have eliminated the ability to go with the flow of the moment. (And I AM a planner, I just hate to have to build all my plans around when we were able to reserve fast passes and get dinner reservatioins. I realize this still could be a problem for dinner, but once, a very long time ago, you could reservations for dinner at pretty muc anywhere except Cinderella's THE NEXT DAY.

Has resulted in me cancelling short-notice trips when I found I couldn't really get any reservations we would normally want on a trip... But hey... It isn't like there aren't other options... The move by Disney to force everyone into a 6 month advance plan has help show our family that there are other places to spend our vacations ( and a lot of them are much cheaper so win for us ).

marissieviolissie

Thanks anyway, I'll keep trying but I believe those pesky '60 days ahead' guys are scoring all the tickets :arghh:

Really? Did you want a specific time for it? I had no problems getting a FP for SDMT even a few days before I'd go in November. I could get multiple times as well.

I may sound arrogant but I seriously find this odd.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I'd ban anybody that types in text speak.
I'd also ban people who purposely misspell words because they think it looks cute.
I'd also ban people who dot their "i"'s with a heart.

tpoly88

Just because they have a beer in one hand does not mean they are drunk.

They whole problem with the ECV's is that they are harder to maneuver than they look. They should really require a special type of license that means they have been trained in the operation of these vehicles. They are not like driving a car and should require extra training.
they are not that hard to drive, my brother had one and i drove it for a while as he needed to stretch his legs. your right having a beer does not mean they are drunk but trust me this person was. ive been going there long enough to know whose had a little too much.

tpoly88

I just explained that you can't compare today to years prior, particularly in the pre Fast Pass years. Those years are way GONE. I repeat, gone. The times of light crowds on a random Tuesday are a thing of the past. Fast Pass does a decent job managing the insane crowds that exist pretty much all year around at this point.
i agree, been going to disney since 1974 and the last 2 years i have never seen such crowds. there is never an off time anymore. even in january where the avg line wait was 5min. i think the parks have reached a critical mass and its the reason they are expanding. was at universal last week and there was no one there compared to disney.

mergatroid

Really? Did you want a specific time for it? I had no problems getting a FP for SDMT even a few days before I'd go in November. I could get multiple times as well.

I may sound arrogant but I seriously find this odd.

No I was searching for any time whatsoever and couldn't get one, at all. Ended up riding it by joining the stand by queue after park opening, waited about 20 minutes but there were no FP+'s available in advance for the 3 weeks we were there.

In fact just tried randomly searching for any times at all for 30 days from today (24th Jan) and there's finally some available! Doesn't help me much as we're not coming till September but gives me some hope for later this year.

DfromATX

I'd ban anybody that types in text speak.
I'd also ban people who purposely misspell words because they think it looks cute.
I'd also ban people who dot their "i"'s with a heart.

OMG... wut??? LOL (Do you mean like that?) Sorry, couldn't resist! :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom