What Would You Ban?

COrunner

With WDW now banning selfie-sticks from their parks.........what ONE thing would you want to ban if you could?

I'd start with a ban on smoking altogether on-property. Having "designated" places simply doesn't work as people will light up where-ever they feel like anyway, and then track around that foul smell all over the place.

Tour Groups
Jazzies or Electric Scooters

Dukeblue1227

Age is a number. ;) I said that a family cannot all drink, family meaning children.

This doesn't make any sense.....

My family is all over the age of 21, therefore as a family, we can legally drink. Myself and my siblings are all also very much still my parents children, so that entire statement is entirely inaccurate.

I'm not arguing your original point, this very much is an opinion based thread and all opinions should be welcomed, but that statement really irked me... that a family cannot drink because family means children. You just said yourself, age is a number, but then you seem to put an age on the word "children," where one not apply.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Hairbands. Might as well call Expedition Everest, "Hairband Mountain.." The story of how a yeti went crazy when people kept throwing hairbands on his mountain... Eventually killing him in an awkward position that makes it look as if he was reaching out at your train... Trying to rip teenage girls hairs off..............

Sonconato

People who wear these huge backpacks. More then once I've been knocked into by someone wearing one
Smoking anywhere on Disney property.
Anything bigger then a single size stroller.
Open strollers on the monorail.
Actually, the requirement to fold strollers on the monorail is a rule (Disney Monorail Transportation on their website)...just NOT enforced.
Folded Strollers.JPG

BuddyThomas

So lemme get this straight:

Four pages into this thing, here in the land of the free and the home of the brave, we are banning -

Smoking
Flash photography
Chanting
Food
Wine
Strollers
Fast EVCs
Double strollers
The dining plan
Fast pass plus
Tour groups
Negativity
Alcohol
High prices in gift shops
Children younger than 3
Infants
Walking slowly
Poor attitudes
Scooters
Big backpacks
Clapping
Big video cameras
And........
Hairbands????? (I assume this means bands that hold hair up and not rock bands like KISS)

What is this? A vacation or basic training in the armed forces? Are you kidding with the no alcohol? Are you attempting to make me cry?

They're not gonna ban alcohol or strollers or kids under three or a bunch of this other stuff so just take a deep breath and get on with your vacation, which will hopefully be fun all the same.

And a better name for this thread would be The Complaint Department. Sheesh.

;)

Scooter

I wouldn't ban alcohol per se, but I would limit the number of drinks one person could have per day. Perhaps they could scan your Magic Band and after 5 drinks you are cut off. I don't mind drinking but no one needs to get drunk at a Disney park. The amount of drinking during Food and Wine fest has become ridiculous. Go to Downtown Disney if you feel the need to party all day or all night.
I'd also ban misuse of pool-hopping and check ID's at every resort. If you're not a guest at your specific resort or any resort you should just go to the water parks like most people do.

BuddyThomas

I wouldn't ban alcohol per se, but I would limit the number of drinks one person could have per day. Perhaps they could scan your Magic Band and after 5 drinks you are cut off. I don't mind drinking but no one needs to get drunk at a Disney park. The amount of drinking during Food and Wine fest has become ridiculous. Go to Downtown Disney if you feel the need to party all day or all night.
I'd also ban misuse of pool-hopping and check ID's at every resort. If you're not a guest at your specific resort or any resort you should just go to the water parks like most people do.
Stop trying to control me!
;)

But seriously, different people have different tolerance to alcohol.

In NY, it is illegal for a bartender to serve an obviously intoxicated person. I don't know what Florida law is but I would imagine it is similar. As long as I am not driving and as long as I am not being loud and obnoxious, please serve me as many drinks as I want. Imagine Drink Around the World with only 5 drinks. By the time you're in Germany no one can have a beer. That might be fun for toddlers, and non-drinkers, but no one else.

ninjaprincesst

This doesn't make any sense.....

My family is all over the age of 21, therefore as a family, we can legally drink. Myself and my siblings are all also very much still my parents children, so that entire statement is entirely inaccurate.

I'm not arguing your original point, this very much is an opinion based thread and all opinions should be welcomed, but that statement really irked me... that a family cannot drink because family means children. You just said yourself, age is a number, but then you seem to put an age on the word "children," where one not apply.
I would just say it is a place were thousands of children are so it is not appropriate or needed to drink. I have never understood why people think they must drink to have a good time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom