What Would You Ban?

Club Cooloholic

1) Strollers...
2) Personal scooters...
3) Babies and any kids under the age of 3 (including the parents that think an amusement park is a great place to bring an infant in the middle of July)...
4) Adults that do meet and greets and the proceed to carry on a conversation with the person in the pooh suit or princess dress, not because they are trying to create a moment for their kids as they have no kids with them - but simply because they apparently are a few bricks short of a load...
5) anyone that thinks a tablet or phone is a video camera (hint, I don't go to see a show so I can look at your tablet or phone being held up in front of me so you can get bad video that you'll probably never even watch)...
6) clueless dolts using a handicapped person to avoid lines...
7) all handicap parking (sorry but in my park you have no scooter so that means you're going to be walking and if you can't walk from your car to the transport tram why in the world are here in the first place.... Oh that's right because in most cases the handicapped person isn't even there its just their hang tag that someone decided to borrow so they could park closer).
8) anyone that photobombs
9) anyone that even thinks about jumping a line, holding a spot in the line for someone else (including parents that seem to be trying to give the Duggars a run for their money by having one parent stand in line before a dozen supposed offspring show up right as they approach the end of the line... Not to those people, some of us look at the length of the line to determine the approximate wait time and don't need someone bringing a platoon at the last minute.)
10) anyone that uses a flash or camera with a light up rear display that could pass as a lighthouse, Call me crazy but I'd like to see Peter Pan the way it was intended and those super bright displays showing me the wires and machines behind the magic... well they just spoil it.

Hmm... Now if I get rid of those people I think the park would be pretty much fine... but then I'm not sure there would be enough visitors to keep Disney going.
Some I agree with but whats your isdue with handicapped people? If you were injured tomorrow and unable to walk would you be ok not going? As for handi spaces well those who abuse the usr of them have to live with themselves I on the other hand am happy I can handle the extra quarter mile it might take to walk from a normal spot.
As for the hate on babiescand smaller kids. My 2 yr old loved as many rides than my 6 yr old. And babies are great who the heck do they bother?

tpoly88

ECV's than can travel faster than normal walking pace. I thoroughly understand mobility issues but bombing around at 6-8 mph in crowds is far from safe.
The funniest part is during the food and wine festival! Can you say drunk driving?? i have seen a few seniors on these at 4pm with a beer in one hand and driving into a garbage can.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
The funniest part is during the food and wine festival! Can you say drunk driving?? i have seen a few seniors on these at 4pm with a beer in one hand and driving into a garbage can.
Just because they have a beer in one hand does not mean they are drunk.

They whole problem with the ECV's is that they are harder to maneuver than they look. They should really require a special type of license that means they have been trained in the operation of these vehicles. They are not like driving a car and should require extra training.

mergatroid

Resort/DVC expansions...

#1 reason why we are now making ride reservations and decent dining is getting dang near impossible to get into. Just one man's dream though;)

I'm up at 5am tomorrow just to try to score a FP+ for 7DMT 30 days in advance. I've tried numerous times but they're always all gone each time I try, same happened last year with no FP's avilable for it during our 3 week stay.

Duckberg

SADNESS :( should never be allowed in WDW. So for visitors to the World who are having a bad day or time in their lives we hope you all have a better tomorrow :) if you can't have one right this moment.

SophieMiddleton

Talking during the fireworks! Nothing annoys me more than when i'm watching Wishes and listening to the opening song and there's a huge group of people talking at a ridiculous volume!

copcarguyp71

Thanks, all gone again this morning :mad:. Looks like stand-by one visit will be my only hope!!!!!

So you are unable to get a ride ressie for the middle of October on SDMT??? Ugh, sorry for your woes...but yeah, MM+ and juggernaut outbuild of resorts and DVC is going splendid... It will still be a great time but it is sad to see what it has come to none the less.

mergatroid

So you are unable to get a ride ressie for the middle of October on SDMT??? Ugh, sorry for your woes...but yeah, MM+ and juggernaut outbuild of resorts and DVC is going splendid... It will still be a great time but it is sad to see what it has come to none the less.

Thanks anyway, I'll keep trying but I believe those pesky '60 days ahead' guys are scoring all the tickets :arghh:

Same for our October trip. Tried 4 days in a row to get 7DMT first thing in the morning. We will just be there for opening and go straight over.

Good luck with that. You might see me in the queue, I'll be the angry looking dude mumbling about 'those darned 60 day in advance people' :mad:

jloucks

1) Strollers...
2) Personal scooters...
3) Babies and any kids under the age of 3 (including the parents that think an amusement park is a great place to bring an infant in the middle of July)...
4) Adults that do meet and greets and the proceed to carry on a conversation with the person in the pooh suit or princess dress, not because they are trying to create a moment for their kids as they have no kids with them - but simply because they apparently are a few bricks short of a load...
5) anyone that thinks a tablet or phone is a video camera (hint, I don't go to see a show so I can look at your tablet or phone being held up in front of me so you can get bad video that you'll probably never even watch)...
6) clueless dolts using a handicapped person to avoid lines...
7) all handicap parking (sorry but in my park you have no scooter so that means you're going to be walking and if you can't walk from your car to the transport tram why in the world are here in the first place.... Oh that's right because in most cases the handicapped person isn't even there its just their hang tag that someone decided to borrow so they could park closer).
8) anyone that photobombs
9) anyone that even thinks about jumping a line, holding a spot in the line for someone else (including parents that seem to be trying to give the Duggars a run for their money by having one parent stand in line before a dozen supposed offspring show up right as they approach the end of the line... Not to those people, some of us look at the length of the line to determine the approximate wait time and don't need someone bringing a platoon at the last minute.)
10) anyone that uses a flash or camera with a light up rear display that could pass as a lighthouse, Call me crazy but I'd like to see Peter Pan the way it was intended and those super bright displays showing me the wires and machines behind the magic... well they just spoil it.

#2 - So much agreement. My seething hatred for scooters continues to grow.

#3 - Probably just looking for an excuse to go themselves. Life doesn't have to stop with an infant.

#4 - There sure are a lot of these people. Like that weird person at a little league game with no kid in the game. ...ok, not like that at all, but still weird.

#7 - I have always wondered about that. Why have handicapped parking at a walking destination? It's like handicapped parking at a trail head.

#9 - Happens so often. Should be a ticket for that.

Chef Mickey

Fast pass of any type
Not sure the logic behind something like this. I know it's not a perfect system, but the benefits seem to outweigh the costs in most cases. Planning everything might be kind of a "Clipboard of fun" issue, but I don't see another option if they are going to allow the crowds to get this out of control.

I think people (myself included) remember the "good old days" before Fast Pass and think that would work today. It's a different world now both in terms of Disney, the times, and the people going to Disney.

People want a "guarantee" to ride the rides they want. They want instant gratification. They want to use their smartphone. Above all, Disney is WAY more crowded than 20 years ago and MK and EPCOT are essentially the same size with arguably fewer attractions. People management has become Disney's main business.

If we could go back to 1985, I'd agree with you. At this point, with this amount of people, it's just not possible.

Fast Pass manages the current state of the parks much better than a "free for all" option of that pass. It's apples and oranges now.

thomas998

Not sure the logic behind something like this. I know it's not a perfect system, but the benefits seem to outweigh the costs in most cases. Planning everything might be kind of a "Clipboard of fun" issue, but I don't see another option if they are going to allow the crowds to get this out of control.

I think people (myself included) remember the "good old days" before Fast Pass and think that would work today. It's a different world now both in terms of Disney, the times, and the people going to Disney.

People want a "guarantee" to ride the rides they want. They want instant gratification. They want to use their smartphone. Above all, Disney is WAY more crowded than 20 years ago and MK and EPCOT are essentially the same size with arguably fewer attractions. People management has become Disney's main business.

If we could go back to 1985, I'd agree with you. At this point, with this amount of people, it's just not possible.

Fast Pass manages the current state of the parks much better than a "free for all" option of that pass. It's apples and oranges now.

Fast Pass probably causes more problems than anxiety it cures. The bottom line is that any ride has a limited number of visitors that it can provide capacity to on any given day. Whether you have Fast Pass or not you only get so many people on a Thunder Mountain train, and only a certain number of train circuits can happen in any day. All the Fast Pass has done is given people the false sense that they are do more things now than they would have without a Fast Pass... But for Disney they see another more nefarious thing with the Fast Pass... In a queue to a ride there isn't any visitor looking at cheap merchandise, so they want as few people as possible in those queues and as many as possible walking past cheap merchandise so they can try to sell more of it... Remember the rides don't make them any more revenue once you entered the park, they got their ticket money now the only thing they can do for more money is get you to buy something and buying will be much more likely if you are walking around the park than it will if you are standing in line.

I honestly don't think you'll be riding more rides today with fastpass than you would have years before when it didn't exist... you'll just think you are.

Chef Mickey

Fast Pass probably causes more problems than anxiety it cures. The bottom line is that any ride has a limited number of visitors that it can provide capacity to on any given day. Whether you have Fast Pass or not you only get so many people on a Thunder Mountain train, and only a certain number of train circuits can happen in any day. All the Fast Pass has done is given people the false sense that they are do more things now than they would have without a Fast Pass... But for Disney they see another more nefarious thing with the Fast Pass... In a queue to a ride there isn't any visitor looking at cheap merchandise, so they want as few people as possible in those queues and as many as possible walking past cheap merchandise so they can try to sell more of it... Remember the rides don't make them any more revenue once you entered the park, they got their ticket money now the only thing they can do for more money is get you to buy something and buying will be much more likely if you are walking around the park than it will if you are standing in line.

I honestly don't think you'll be riding more rides today with fastpass than you would have years before when it didn't exist... you'll just think you are.
I just explained that you can't compare today to years prior, particularly in the pre Fast Pass years. Those years are way GONE. I repeat, gone. The times of light crowds on a random Tuesday are a thing of the past. Fast Pass does a decent job managing the insane crowds that exist pretty much all year around at this point.

thomas998

I just explained that you can't compare today to years prior, particularly in the pre Fast Pass years. Those years are way GONE. I repeat, gone. The times of light crowds on a random Tuesday are a thing of the past. Fast Pass does a decent job managing the insane crowds that exist pretty much all year around at this point.

You missed my point entirely... My point is that fastpass or no fastpass the number of people that can do any given ride is the same. Even if you had put the fastpass in long ago when it didn't exist it wouldn't have magically created more spots for people to ride anything it just pushed the people out of the queues and into the rest of the park. The reality of that act is that the park seems more crowded now than it did before even if it isn't any more or less crowded.

I can remember doing DL before fastpass at Christmas when it was so crowded that they stopped letting people in... I can also remember the recall numerous times I've been at DL when it wasn't closed down because of the number of people when it felt just as crowded if not more crowded than it did at Christmas. DL hasn't grown, but the fastpass system has pushed more people out of the confines of the queues and into the park which makes it seem more crowded.

I don't think we'll ever have light crowds on any day... but it would be nice if they stopped the fastpass so the people were in lines out of the way instead of having everyone running around trying to get from ride A to ride B.

Chef Mickey

You missed my point entirely... My point is that fastpass or no fastpass the number of people that can do any given ride is the same. Even if you had put the fastpass in long ago when it didn't exist it wouldn't have magically created more spots for people to ride anything it just pushed the people out of the queues and into the rest of the park. The reality of that act is that the park seems more crowded now than it did before even if it isn't any more or less crowded.

I can remember doing DL before fastpass at Christmas when it was so crowded that they stopped letting people in... I can also remember the recall numerous times I've been at DL when it wasn't closed down because of the number of people when it felt just as crowded if not more crowded than it did at Christmas. DL hasn't grown, but the fastpass system has pushed more people out of the confines of the queues and into the park which makes it seem more crowded.

I don't think we'll ever have light crowds on any day... but it would be nice if they stopped the fastpass so the people were in lines out of the way instead of having everyone running around trying to get from ride A to ride B.
I didn't miss your point...I just totally disagree that not having Fast Pass would make it the same because the ride capacity doesn't change.

It doesn't create more ride capacity...I'm not arguing that. It still optimizes your time so you can ride 3 rides (plus more after the 3) at essentially any time you chose, in advance.

You can still wait in the regular line during EMH, early in the morning, during parades/fireworks, and at other strategic times. I don't think you can make a solid argument that the time you spend waiting in line is more with Fast Pass than without.

The reality is the parks ARE more crowded than they ever were. Look at the attendance. It goes up every year and the most recent report confirms attendance is at an all time high. Accordingly, if the parks seem more crowded, it's because they are and Disney has allowed a lot of areas to die, particularly at EPCOT and DHS, putting more pressure on MK.

Even with Fast Pass, especially at top rides, people still wait in the regular queue. Pull up the app right now and look at the wait times for Splash, Space, Thunder, Soarin', TSMM, and RnR. I don't agree that people have been pushed from the queues into the park. What you're seeing is the the increase in crowds and the effect of not having the parks fully operational.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom