• Replace some of the current rides with thrill rides

Votes: 8 7.6%
  • Add Disney characters

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Add one side for any kind of coaster and keep the other side for kids

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters

DisJosh

No if and or buts about it....Epcot needs more quality rides. That doesn't mean thrill rides. We need to see just as much creativity and innovation as Epcot had on openning day. If that means updating some current attractions then so be it but I don't really want to see ANY of Epcots current attractions demolished to make way for new stuff.

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by Sansaarai
More "Insightful" wisdom from "The Greatest Generation".

Epcot needs to evolve with the times. If people want thrill rides then thats what Disney is going to produce. Todays children will be tomorrows paying customer.

I really hope you're wrong on this point .

It troubles me to think that the Disney parks would turn into mere followers - cranking out "thrill of the moment" rides as opposed to imaginative classics...

Would Walt really approve of his parks becoming the same old amusement park b.s.? I don't think so

sigsegv

Originally posted by RPMdfw
I think that Epcot just needs to update Future World in terms of the technology portrayed
I have to agree with RPMdfw on this one. I work in a tech field and keep up with a lot of what's happening in other tech fields. The stuff you see in FW is so five years ago (at least). None of it is really innovative. It's turning into "Yesterday's View of the Future" ... Do we need another Tomorrowland? At least TL knows that what it's presenting is really not futuristic. Most, if not all, of the stuff you see in FW can be bought today. (Heck, I'm surprised it's not all for sale in some FW gift shop. :brick: )

That said, DW and I love WS. The different architectures, landscaping, and people are quite fun to see and experence. Walking around WS at night, after it has closed and the fireworks crowds have mostly emptied out is quite magical. I don't think either of us would complain to see other country pavilions added, as long as they are not prevented in that cheesy, cheap, state fair way of the Millennium Pavilion.

(Man, I seem to be a bit grumpy this morning, eh? Need to get some caffeine in me.:fork: )

-sig

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
More "Insightful" wisdom from "The Greatest Generation".

Insight gained as the result of watching my mutant spawn. Sorry but I can only base my opinions on my teen family and my students, and shallow and superficial seems to be the order of the day.
Attention span shorter than a goldfish and only interested in the latest fad or celebrity gossip.

Sansaarai

Account Suspended
Originally posted by cymbaldiva
I really hope you're wrong on this point .

It troubles me to think that the Disney parks would turn into mere followers - cranking out "thrill of the moment" rides as opposed to imaginative classics...

Would Walt really approve of his parks becoming the same old amusement park b.s.? I don't think so

Disney is a business. When you are a business you have to adapt to your customers of fall by the wayside. If there is anybody who can make great thril rides its Disney.

I wish it weren't so. I love and miss the old EPCOT Center but, the company needs to evolve.

P.s. Walt is dead.

Pumbas Nakasak

Disney is a business. When you are a business you have to adapt to your customers of fall by the wayside.If there is anybody who can make great thril rides its Disney.

Nobody is disputing that Disney can make goodthrill rides mearly pointing out that a flashy thrill ride is not the answer to everything. infact they are very specific groups who will ride this sort of attraction, and many in these days of litigation who are specifically unable to do so, are you suggesting this group of potentila customers be ignored?

I wish it weren't so. I love and miss the old EPCOT Center but, the company needs to evolve.[/QUOTE]

Again yes I agree companys need to develop and evolve, but surely the point of being in buisness is to secure a loyal and faithful customer base not try and ailienate the people who will help you through the leaner times.

P.s. Walt is dead. [/QUOTE]

Again factually acurate, and I would go as far as saying that the ethos that seperates Disney from other companys is under pressure from the bean counters in their drive to satisfy the markets. My granny is dead to but I can still remember the things she taught me.I was going to make a comment on the need to uphold traditions but being as your from a country where the local football team can be moved if theres a better buisness plan i take it would be lost on you. No wonder youll never trully understand the beautiful game, that is the true football.

Sansaarai

Account Suspended
Originally posted by happy snapper
Nobody is disputing that Disney can make goodthrill rides mearly pointing out that a flashy thrill ride is not the answer to everything. infact they are very specific groups who will ride this sort of attraction, and many in these days of litigation who are specifically unable to do so, are you suggesting this group of potentila customers be ignored?

I wish it weren't so. I love and miss the old EPCOT Center but, the company needs to evolve.

Again yes I agree companys need to develop and evolve, but surely the point of being in buisness is to secure a loyal and faithful customer base not try and ailienate the people who will help you through the leaner times.

P.s. Walt is dead. [/QUOTE]

Again factually acurate, and I would go as far as saying that the ethos that seperates Disney from other companys is under pressure from the bean counters in their drive to satisfy the markets. My granny is dead to but I can still remember the things she taught me.I was going to make a comment on the need to uphold traditions but being as your from a country where the local football team can be moved if theres a better buisness plan i take it would be lost on you. No wonder youll never trully understand the beautiful game, that is the true football.
[/QUOTE]

Disney can evolve with the times and still keep its fanbase. We will all still go to WDW if it became more "thrilling".

The Walt is dead comment is a joke.

I live in a country that values its traditions. My family, town, city, state and region have traditions that go back generations.

Football, my friend is not a tradition. It is a childrens game.

If you don't like America don't write posts about an American themepark.

BRER STITCH

It's already my favorite park, but I'd love to see.....

MORE COUNTRIES, MORE COUNTRIES, and MORE COUNTRIES!!!

Don't worry about the space to put them....there's always a way!

Also, one thing I would like to see with the park as it is now, is MORE from the existing countries! There could be Acapulco Cliff Divers at Mexico....Leaning Tower (ie. funhouse floor) in Italy....Animatronic Mount Rushmore in USA.....Re-create Venice boat rides in Italy.....an "Iceberg Experience" in Norway....More about technology (and how about some sponsorship?? Toyota?? Fuji?? Nikon??, etc) by Japan and China...Royalty in england....Mounties or Moose in Canada.....etc...etc...etc...

Know what I mean?? It doesn't always have to be completely new stuff....just improving on their first efforts would be GREAT!

The countries focus is too narrow. Anyone who has traveled to these places know there is so much more to experience. You'd think the tourism boards could do better than a movie or single feature to present their countries.

Maybe they will........

:sohappy:

I know it's only a silly poll, but this poll in particular is an example of why these polls are meaningless. Along with the normal problems with polls on these pages (self-selecting audience, etc, etc.), there are some additional issues with this poll.

Problem 1: There's one obvious choice the pollster wants everyone to answer - create "quality" rides, etc. It's the only one portrayed with a strong positive slant. Also, what does that mean? It means different things to everyone. There's no definition of what a quality ride is in particular, and of COURSE everyone wants quality rides.

Problem 2: The other options are not well thought out, and are designed solely to generate negative responses.

Problem 3: Overlap of the options (lots of coaster options, and, in addition, who's to say you can't have a quality ride that's a thrill ride - say like Splash Mountain? What if you add an attraction in World Showcase that's a top-notch, high quality roller coaster thrill ride that features the characters? That would hit most of the categories. Which would you pick?).

It may as well have been a poll with the following choices:

-Make really good attractions that you love
-Ruin Walt Disney World
-Make bad attractions that you hate
-Sell Epcot to Six Flags

I realize it's a silly poll, but it is a good example of why people can make statistics lie. Also, I realize nobody really looks for meaning out of these things, so I'll stop now. Happy holidays all!

Michael72688

I understand that people want Epcot to be the way it was, but we all have to understand people go on vacations to have fun, I'm not saying Epcot isnt fun, cause it is, but they could make to where people want to stay the whole day. And now with the likely departure of Tapestry of Dreams they will have to work harder to get people into the park, especially at night when ToD and illuminations attracts big crowds. Ithink they people at Disney can make Epcot a fun (meaning great rides) place to learn and experience the cultures of the world.

Elaine

Poll

It's 4am and the first thing that I read is this reply by 447. This is an opinion and everyone is entitled to an opinion but no one HAS to take a poll. If you don't like polls or feel this poll is invalid you can pass right by it and not take it. Rather rude to attack the person who posted it don't you think?

Pumbas Nakasak

I live in a country that values its traditions. My family, town, city, state and region have traditions that go back generations.

[/QUOTE]

This is relatively easy when you only have a couple of hundred years of history to draw on.

You have confirmed what I expected typical narrow insular view after all the kids game the World Cup is played by coutries world wide, just like the World Series which is played by countries from ehhhhh one country, another great tradition up held.

I have a great love of America and many of the things it stands for, but if you took time to digest my comment you may have figured out I was baiting you and unfortunately you have bitten. And had you thought it may have just been your attitude I didnt like?

As for Walt being dead joke, we obviously have a common language but a totaly different idea for what passes as humour.

Pumbas Nakasak

Just a couple of points.

The largest growing group in the population is the over 60s they also tend to have some dissposable income it makes sense to me to try and attract this group, i cant see how coasters will appeal to them.

Universal has built a second Park that is different from the studios so they can see the need to offer a variety of attraction types so why shouldnt Disney?

The more I think about it the more Im convinced that all Disney parks must maintain a balance of attractions, though todays teen is tommorows potential customer they are also potential parents and the more coaster type rides you have the greater the need for kiddy handovers, and the less inclusive it becomes. You dont have to be inverted three times to fool your senses theres other ways to get a kick it requires imagination and money which is really whatthis discussion is about.

kennyj29

Meaningful Attractions

I honestly beleive that new meaningful attractions would help tremendously!!!!!! To put coasters in wouldn't help unless it's done in the countries and fits into a theme there. Also, meaningful attractions are for EVERYONE!! We all love those! But to put back all the old attractions will not bring the crowds back. Maybe a few people but not the majority. We need to update and bring in meaningful attractions that we would all love. Nobody should want to stay in the old. Epcot was meant to keep changing so lets keep changing. We just need to do that with attractions for all the age groups. And remember, because Epcot was meant for change, even the attractions you don't like would be eventually changed and that's a good thing. I, for one, would love to see Wonders of Life go. From day 1 it has been the most boring exhibit in the park. Whoever thought of that one, needs to get a life!

Michael72688

Of course this is just my opinion but, if they put 1 or 2 great coaster in WS, added a new country with a great ride, kept the Tapestry of Dreams, made the living seas more exciting, and get ride of Wonders of Life and add a ride like M:S or Test Track!

SirNim

Originally posted by jwbeck3
I agree, Wonders of Life needs to go.

Personally, I think WoL could be turned into a blockbuster attraction if it shyed a bit away from human biology and just explored biology in general. Cells, bacteria, etc... What's with all this fitness, human body, bloodstream stuff? Send us into the nucleus of a bacteria... Show us how bioengineering will create new vaccines for world's illnesses... do it in a fun, interactive, entertaining, educative way... I think WoL needs the biggest overhaul in all of FW...

Sansaarai

Account Suspended
Originally posted by happy snapper

This is relatively easy when you only have a couple of hundred years of history to draw on.

You have confirmed what I expected typical narrow insular view after all the kids game the World Cup is played by coutries world wide, just like the World Series which is played by countries from ehhhhh one country, another great tradition up held.

I have a great love of America and many of the things it stands for, but if you took time to digest my comment you may have figured out I was baiting you and unfortunately you have bitten. And had you thought it may have just been your attitude I didnt like?

As for Walt being dead joke, we obviously have a common language but a totaly different idea for what passes as humour.

You are a sad person.

Pumbas Nakasak

You are a sad person.

Ahwwwww youve cut me to the quick with youre razor like repertoire. Fishins no fun when the baits taken this easily.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom