Votes: 8 7.6%
  • Add Disney characters

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Add one side for any kind of coaster and keep the other side for kids

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
In a show of seasonal good will id offer you my hanky but its a bit snotty from my cold. Perhaps once your tears have dried youll discover the joy of the beautiful game.:)

DisJosh

Know what I think Sansaari and Happy Snapper? You both need to SHUT UP!!! Save it for PM's or e-mails, none of us want to hear your whining and arguing!

I see a lot of people here would like to see classics ripped out in favor of "thrill rides". Ok, yes thrill rides without ANY THEME has made Six Flags a large company. But what about those with disablities, those who don't care for thrill rides, or back problems. I honestly never have rode Tower of Terror due to my back. To bring in ALL thrill rides would take away from families being able to enjoy the parks.

==Themes==

To me, and yes it's been said many times before.. Test Track has NO theming. What can you honestly learn from it?? And to make it worse, coming through the exit of it looks like a dealership. Nothing "thrilling" or "cutting edge" there. The exit area from WoM was MUCH MUCH MUCH more interesting to me as it showed us where technology is going, not just where to buy your next car that you probably parked beside in the parking lot. Hopefully MS will be better in the terms of theme. Seeing it will either make me feel better or worse when thinking of SE's future.

Here's my thoughts on the other attractions.. The Land.. good area but it does need a quality replacement for Food Rocks. That show is horrible. The Living Seas, bring back the ride part of that ride, and refresh the rest of the pavilion to make it seem fresh and interesting as when it first opened. Imagination, USE SOME IMAGINATION BEFORE ANOTHER REHAB!!!!!!!! :lol: Universe of Energy, create a new preshow that was as cool as the original with the moving tiles, and re-vamp the current attraction. Sure Ellen is humorous in parts, but it's like watching an old movie, how many times can you hear the same lines without loosing interest. :brick: Wonders of Life, .........., umm,..........., i have no idea what would make this a quality attraction..:lol: Only good thing i have to say about it is that is does have good theming, just not much to keep your interest. Test Track, use the new and the old. Make this ride a 3 parter, first part would favor WoM showing us the history and humor of transportation, second could (biting tongue) be like Test Track is currently showing what has to happen developing cars, part 3 would lean back towards WoM showing us where transportation is heading, showing new forms of transportation, future car designs, ya know.. THE FUTURE!! And also it would make this attraction the first of its kind with 3 ride systems. Interesting huh?? :D

As far as World Showcase, answer some of the wants here, DO add rides to more of the pavilions to enhance the total experience of that country, sorta like Malstrom and El Tiempo does for their countries, it would add "excitement" but not take away from theming. Notice i didn't say "thrill" :lol:

Pumbas Nakasak

Originally posted by DisJosh
none of us want to hear your whining and arguing!

I would like to call it more of a frank and open minded debate between two consenting posters, and youll notice that although we were arguing neither of us was reduced to shouting.:)

DisJosh

Originally posted by happy snapper
I would like to call it more of a frank and open minded debate between two consenting posters, and youll notice that although we were arguing neither of us was reduced to shouting.:)

Still don't want to hear it. :p

Oh yeah, I forgot my other idea that i missed on page 3 of this discussion.. on Spaceship Earth... dump the Epcot sign on top.. could leave the wand but dump the cheesy sign :lol:

Re: Poll

Originally posted by Elaine
It's 4am and the first thing that I read is this reply by 447. This is an opinion and everyone is entitled to an opinion but no one HAS to take a poll. If you don't like polls or feel this poll is invalid you can pass right by it and not take it. Rather rude to attack the person who posted it don't you think?
Sorry - didn't mean to imply an attack on the person who made the poll. I just thought it was an interesting example of why certain types of polls don't really say much beyond the pollster's opinion. (in this case, which I happen to agree with, by the way.)

Apologies to anyone I offended. (Grizzlyhall - since you're the pollster, did I offend you?)

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Originally posted by mktiggerman
hmmm....

maybe it's the TiVo talking,

but I think they should add Monkey Theatre and Girls jumping on trampolines.

Oh yeah, and free beer for everyone of age
:lol: "Grab a beer and drop your pants..."

Uh oh - Did I just reveal that I watch the Man Show?? All women secretly love it!!

If EPCOT needs a change, I'm honestly afraid to see what they will do to it. IF change is needed, they need to add, and not take away.

meeko_33785

One word could sum up my idea to how to make EPCOT better: variety. To me at least when EPCOT opened it seemed like it was all omnimover rides, movies, and shops. While these were ok, there really wasn't much variety to any of the attraction. There were no thrill rides, no rides that appealed to children, and no sign of Disney's popular characters or stories. For the most part, they have made a good effort to remady this with attractions like Test Track, Body Wars, Imagination with Figment, Honey I Shrunk the Audience, and now Mission: Space. I think more rides that appeal to more of a variety of audiences would be a great addition.

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by DisJosh
Know what I think Sansaari and Happy Snapper? You both need to SHUT UP!!! Save it for PM's or e-mails, none of us want to hear your whining and arguing!

Actually, I was enjoying the debate...

I thought the point of discussion boards was to discuss after all :)

BRER STITCH

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

It's already my favorite park, but I'd love to see.....

MORE COUNTRIES, MORE COUNTRIES, and MORE COUNTRIES!!!

Don't worry about the space to put them....there's always a way!

Also, one thing I would like to see with the park as it is now, is MORE from the existing countries! There could be Acapulco Cliff Divers at Mexico....Leaning Tower (ie. funhouse floor) in Italy....Animatronic Mount Rushmore in USA.....Re-create Venice boat rides in Italy.....an "Iceberg Experience" in Norway....More about technology (and how about some sponsorship?? Toyota?? Fuji?? Nikon??, etc) by Japan and China...Royalty in england....Mounties or Moose in Canada.....etc...etc...etc...

Know what I mean?? It doesn't always have to be completely new stuff....just improving on their first efforts would be GREAT!

The countries focus is too narrow. Anyone who has traveled to these places know there is so much more to experience. You'd think the tourism boards could do better than a movie or single feature to present their countries.

Maybe they will........

Pumbas Nakasak

Originally posted by sigsegv
, but it turned into flaming. Pretty soon, someone will be calling someone else a Nazi.

[

I saw no signs of smoke or fire, mind you two of my kids were born in germany and i own several pairs of high leg military boots, but Ive never had the urge to annex Poland or even eat their sausage.

MKingdom25

Originally posted by Just A Big Kid
I see a lot of people here would like to see classics ripped out in favor of "thrill rides". Ok, yes thrill rides without ANY THEME has made Six Flags a large company. But what about those with disablities, those who don't care for thrill rides, or back problems. I honestly never have rode Tower of Terror due to my back. To bring in ALL thrill rides would take away from families being able to enjoy the parks.
Very good point. I enjoy going to Six Flags but I only go maybe twice a year and then I am over it.

I think Disney World has a much higher "revisit value" (can't think of the proper word :lol: ) that other parks.

I think this is also what makes Disney stand above and beyond. Since its not just thrill rides, you can enjoy it whether you are a teen, a family, or a senior adult.

Originally posted by Elaine
It's 4am and the first thing that I read is this reply by 447. This is an opinion and everyone is entitled to an opinion but no one HAS to take a poll. If you don't like polls or feel this poll is invalid you can pass right by it and not take it. Rather rude to attack the person who posted it don't you think?
I totally agree. Nobody is saying its a scientific or totally complete poll. Just something fun to do and something to strike up a conversation with. Just my two cents.

slobberjaws

Re: Meaningful Attractions

Originally posted by kennyj29
I honestly beleive that new meaningful attractions would help tremendously!!!!!! To put coasters in wouldn't help unless it's done in the countries and fits into a theme there. Also, meaningful attractions are for EVERYONE!! -deleted- We just need to do that with attractions for all the age groups.

Although thrill rides are fun, they aren't for everyone. The 'baby boomers' are the largest age group in this country and they will not revisit if the parks become all thrill rides. I sent the ride specs from Mission: Space to my mom (mid-60's and not in great health) and she didn't think it was something she would be able to handle. We will ride it first and then let her know if it would be OK. It takes the joy out of new rides for the older people to have them "screened" by someone. The point of Epcot was a vision of the future. Rides like WoM, Horizons and even SE show history along with the future. If you don't know where you've been, you can begin to establish where you are going.

I'd like to see WS updated - the films are old & not reflective the countries today. Glad to see the China film being updated possibly this summer.

Happy Holidays!
Wendy

TinkerBell9988

Originally posted by horizons1983
I will answer that question very simplely.
OLD universe of energy, horizons, world of motion, Dreamfinder and Figment, listen to the land, magic journeys, symbiosis, and laserphonic fantasy....:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yup!! :lol:

speck76

SirNimajneb said:
Cats weren't meant to be dogs...

Rulers weren't meant to be staplers...

Epcot's trying to turn into a stapler...

It was designed to function as a ruler...

The way to make it better is to set it straight and make it be the best damn ruler it was designed to be!!
what happens when rulers are no longer needed, but there is still major demand for staplers?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom