• Replace some of the current rides with thrill rides

Votes: 8 7.6%
  • Add Disney characters

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Add one side for any kind of coaster and keep the other side for kids

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters

imagineer boy

I always thought Epcot's focus was more like "With the help of advanced technology and the uniting of cultures from around the world, we can build for a brighter future."

Here's what I think should be done to Epcot:

SSE: First things first, MOVE THAT WAND!!!!

-Improve the animatronics, and update various other things like sound and SFX.

-Move those pointless videos from the time tunnel. Put them in the qeue or loading area. As for the Time Tunnel, add cooler SFX to give the impression of going back in time.

- Bring back the satilites, and update the future scenes ivolving things like the internet.

-And finally, do something with the empty post show area.

Innoventions: Its unbelievable how boring this place has gotten. Fix it up, add newer and more exciting things and demonstrations of future technology.

UOE: I kinda like it how it is. Its funny and entertaining. Personally though, I'd extend the Dinosaur sequence, and make it more exciting.

WOL: The only really good thing that has come out of it being closed, is that it makes three attractions on both sides of Future World instead of four on one side and three on the other.

-However, they can either tear it down or update it. If they're just gonna let it rot there, then tear it down for crying out loud!

M:S- I like this ride, but it does have flaws. Personally, I do not like the toned down centrifuge. Just because only TWO people died, doesn't mean the ride is a killing machine. I also think M:S has its story problems.

-First, I'd lengthen the qeue. Come on, make it look more like a working space facility!

-I'd change the whole concept of it being supposed to be a simulation, to an actual experience of the real thing. It just makes a more exciting ride. Make it something along the lines of a tour through the solar system and back to earth, rather than just leaving you there hanging on a cliff on mars.

-I'd also update the post show. The current one is so LAME. Add more space-related exibits, tear out the McDonalds play area, put in hands-on displays about space.

TT: I love this ride. The only thing I'd do to it is add some animatronics into those fake offices along side the ride, just to give it a little bit more atmosphere and build onto the excitement.

HISTA: I don't know why everyone dislikes this attraction so much. I love it. I would however, clean up the film to make it look newer, and redo some of the outdated SFX like the CGI snake.

JII: I had an idea for a complete overhaul that blended in elements from the original, and the Imagination Institute concept. If you'd like me to post it, let me know.

ImageWorks: Its such a waste. The solution? Bring it back! Add more fun exibits and updates from the old version. I'd also add a Buffet Style resaurant called the "Think Cafe" where guests can build their own plates with their imaginaion using different wacky foods and toppings.

The land: I feel this pavillion has kinda lost its focus a bit. Soarin, while a fun ride, has nothing to do with the overall concept of the pavillion.

-The qeue is so bad, its undiscribable. Its just so plain. Make it more themed and immersive. I'd personally tone down the whole travel agency theme. The film would be changed to have it soaring over some of the world's most wonderful natural wonders to bring a message of conserving the land.

-The Living with the Land boats are alright. I'm all in for removing the guides, and have the whole thing spieled.

The Living Seas: Personally, the Nemo rehab never did anything for me. It just felt like overmarketing of a character. If I had things my way, I would've kept the sea base alpha theme and the hydrolaters. I would've just updated it from its outdated eighties feel, and make it more modern. I'd also add more fish tanks and exibits. I'd probably only have a couple Nemo exibits, and the turtle talk with crush.

Odyssy Restaurant: Just do something with it Disney! Come on! I'd probably make it into a resauraunt again. What else can you do?

World Showcase does need more rides. First, I'd bring back a more updated version of ToN. And a new Illuminations show. I'd also drop the character bus, and make it used for guest transportation across the countries to save on the walking.

As far as rides go, it includes: Making El Rio Del Tiempo less lame, extending Maelstrom to make it longer and more exciting, put in a meet the world show in the Japan pavillion ( similar to the one that used to exist in TDL ), put a boat ride in the Italy pavillion ( in gondolas ) where you travel through italy's routes in roman history, and maybe that rumored raft ride that would hide Soarin under a mountain at the Canada pavillion.

Well, that's it for now. Any comments are apreciated.

speck76

Connor002 said:
From these facts... it would seem WDW grew more quickly than demand... Perhaps the theme park market has been diluted...

On a side note, I am more and more understanding Iger's approach of overseas expansion rather than on homeland shores...

yes...to the first point....I agree

The parks in Orlando opened:

So...3 in a period of 18 year, and 4 in a period of 10 years

Also, prior to 1981, Busch Gardens was not really a theme park, and prior to 1993, they were not a heavy player

Furthermore, Boardwalk and Baseball (formerly Circus World) closed in 1994'ish when AB purchased SeaWorld....to draw more people over to BGT..

To the second point, the domestic parks draw from an audience of about 450million people....out of 6 Billion

Now, a great percentage of the 6 Billion will never be able to afford to visit a Disney park....they would need to upgrade from the house made of cow dung first.....

the Japanese parks draw 98% of their visitors from Japan....with a population of only 127million people...and TDL was the top visted park in the world prior to TDS opening....

GenerationX

FourFourSeven said:
I know it's only a silly poll, but this poll in particular is an example of why these polls are meaningless. Along with the normal problems with polls on these pages (self-selecting audience, etc, etc.), there are some additional issues with this poll.

Problem 1: There's one obvious choice the pollster wants everyone to answer - create "quality" rides, etc. It's the only one portrayed with a strong positive slant. Also, what does that mean? It means different things to everyone. There's no definition of what a quality ride is in particular, and of COURSE everyone wants quality rides.

Problem 2: The other options are not well thought out, and are designed solely to generate negative responses.

Problem 3: Overlap of the options (lots of coaster options, and, in addition, who's to say you can't have a quality ride that's a thrill ride - say like Splash Mountain? What if you add an attraction in World Showcase that's a top-notch, high quality roller coaster thrill ride that features the characters? That would hit most of the categories. Which would you pick?).

It may as well have been a poll with the following choices:

-Make really good attractions that you love
-Ruin Walt Disney World
-Make bad attractions that you hate
-Sell Epcot to Six Flags

I realize it's a silly poll, but it is a good example of why people can make statistics lie. Also, I realize nobody really looks for meaning out of these things, so I'll stop now. Happy holidays all!
This was the definitive answer to the question in the thread's title.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom