What will Disney announce for Disney World at the 2022 D23 expo?

CaptainAmerica

Look, don't take my stance as something I'm happy about. I personally think WDW needs a big, REALLY big answer to Epic Universe and I want to see as much investment in WDW as possible. I also don't trust or believe in the current management to think they're competent enough to recognize the threat and react appropriately...
There are several reasons to argue that WDW and Disneyland each need a major expansion. Universal isn't one of them. There is no "threat."

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm sorry, but by all definitions Rise is an E-ticket. You may not like it, but it's 100% an E-ticket. My classification of stuff built in the last 10 years:

MK
Mermaid - Between a C and a D. I think technically it's a D but a weak one.
Mine Train - D (some would argue a C, but it's a D)
TRON - Will be an E, but I'd argue a weak E

EPCOT
Guardians - E
Ratatouille - D
Frozen - C

DHS
Rise - E
Smugglers Run - D
Swirling Saucers - B
Slinky Dog - C/D
Runaway Railway - Solid D, pushing an E

DAK
Flight of Passage - E
Na'vi River Journey - Very solid C disguised as a weak D.
I actually don’t disagree with you much here.

Especially considering we are debating opinions 😎

CaptainAmerica

Oooo, yes, very good call out. Yes, for Orlando specifically. I cannot see them investing more money in WDW with attendance and $$ already outpacing pre-pandemic numbers, Epic Universe or not.
You're assuming that they would invest in the parks to draw new guests, but I think that's backwards to how they currently think about it. If they're going to invest in the parks, it'll be to better absorb strong demand, not to compensate for weak demand.

Sandersfeld

Hello and welcome to the most magical place in the world.Remember the magical experience of your vacation is in the palm of your hands.Thinking about possibly maybe planning a trip to the Kingdom? Well for only $10.99 you can download our NEW Magical Planning Ap and after a few $1.99 questions we can decide for you if you should. Now once you are here we have made getting to the parks much more easier and stress free,just download our NEW MonoAp and you can,for a small price,reserve a Boarding Pass on one of our fine Monorail Trains.Its so simple and easy to use, just purchase a Boarding Pass for each member of your group and bypass those long lines and enjoy the smooth ride to your destination.Not using the monorail? thats ok we have an ap for the Magical Busses too..And speaking of long lines, now you can just download our NEW StandAp and for a small magical fee you can reserve where you want to stand in line waiting to experience the wonderful rides we have for you,,Just remember to keep your eyes on all our wonderful aps and not on the Magical Experiences around you, because you can now download our NEW Magical Experience Ap and we can tell you what you didn't see while on our aps..Can't get away for your vacation? No worries download our VacationVirtualAp and we can charge you for your Virtual plane tickets,Virtual Accomadations and all the other chargeable Magical Experiences you would normally experience here right in the comfort of your own home.We can even send you pictures of your Virtual Vacation. So remember- Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas,,and enjoy your Disney Aps stay....

jaxonp

Rise is definetly an E based on scope alone. It's very clinical and emotionless. It's also extremely overrated but perhaps that has something to do with its over hyped beginnings. Scott has designed better attractions down the road, imo.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Old way: "If you build it, they will come."

New way: "Oh crap, they keep coming. We better build it."

"Old way" was successful at fixing California Adventure but failed to convert Animal Kingdom into a nighttime park. "New way" failed to absorb crowds in Fantasyland but is working at Studios and Epcot.
Have you been to a park recently?

“New way” isn’t working at all. Just ridiculous prices and timelines for the same capacity. Rubber meets the road at some point.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The issue with Nemo and Mermaid is less that they're not groundbreaking and more that they're just unsatisfying. There are plenty of attractions that aren't groundbreaking but still manage to scratch the itch for the guests.
I actually disagree with both.

Mermaid is a time filler…which they need a lot more of…

Nemo was a retheme of a dead ride. People forget that…it was adding something to a decayed legacy Epcot pavilion. Not groundbreaking…but better than decay and doom as in at least 3 other areas of that park

WazHatter08

What Should Be Announced:

DinoLand Replacement
New Animal Kingdom Ride (not DinoLand Related
Splash Mountain Update
Tron Update
Play Pavilion Update

What People I Know Want:

5th Park
DinoLand Replacement
Encanto Ride
Splash Update
Hollywood Studios Ride

What I Want:

New World Showcase Pavilion
DinoLand Replacement
Splash Update
Play Pavilion Update
Tron Update
Hollywood Studios Rumored 4th Stage

If they wanna compete with Universal.. they need to go big NOW

EPCOT-O.G.

Lightning McQueen's Racing Academy. Cheap, air conditioned, fills an operational need.
Yes. And it was a nice break for my and two of my kids while more adventurous son (and wife) rode RNRC next door.

Not everything needs to be a home run. Doubles and singles have their place. The problem is even doubles cost as much as a home run due to how TWDC does things now, so they only swing for home runs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom