What type of new resort would you like?

aaron2525

i would like to see disney make a new value, mod and deluxe. i think disney needs all 3. especially if they make a new park they will need more rooms to accomodate the already growing crowds. but as far a theme i would like to see a deluxe on the monorail system themed like mainstreet usa, kindoff like a small town feel to it. :sohappy:

jiminy.cricket

This is a toughie. As much as I love the BW/YB/SSR theme, there's probably enough of that. I feel like every theme in the Western Hemisphere has been done, and anything else would be too exotic for my tastes or not fit in anywhere. I love the AKL, but I wouldn't choose to stay there over other Disney resorts because I just feel a little out of place. And I wouldn't want to stay at a Disney hotel themed to a time or place that never really existed. I guess it's too foreign for me. I'd like the setting to be somewhat familiar. I wouldn't mind seeing the Contemporary made to look a little more...contemporary, though! I would also like to see CBR looking a little more colonial on the outside (although I'm not sure if that's PC). I guess I wouldn't mind a mildly-Asian-themed resort near AK. It could work as long as it wasn't like, extremely exotic.

sbkline

As far as value level, I am sick and tired of them making nothing but DVC resorts lately. Not all of us can join the vacation club. It would be nice if they would make a new Deluxe resort, or Moderate resort...one that we can ALL use...not just DVC members. Not that I would probably use it anyway, since I am currently only planning our second on site visit, and the wife liked POR so much that we are returning there. And there are a few others already that I would like to stay at in the future without adding another one to the mix.

But it's a toughie to think of a theme I would like to see, which doesn't already exist. I'm trying to picture in my mind a resort themed to the old frontier days...either a "Little House on the Prairie" type frontier theme, or an old west frontier theme to go along with Frontierland. I'm not sure if those would be good idea or not, but I am hard pressed to think up a theme that hasn't already been used.

Someone else mentioned a "Contemporary" theme which is more contemporary. So, perhaps more of a space age type theme.

WDWFigment

Does Disney really need another non-DVC resort? I was under the impression DVC kept being built because there was unfilled demand, whereas other new resorts weren't being built because they are maxing out at 80% occupancy even at peak times of the year.

And everyone can stay at the DVC resorts. I'm staying at SSR this August, and I'm not a DVC member.

sbkline

Does Disney really need another non-DVC resort? I was under the impression DVC kept being built because there was unfilled demand, whereas other new resorts weren't being built because they are maxing out at 80% occupancy even at peak times of the year.

And everyone can stay at the DVC resorts. I'm staying at SSR this August, and I'm not a DVC member.

I stand corrected, then. I thought DVC resorts were for DVC members only.

So, if DVC members can stay at regular resorts using their DVC points, and non DVC guests can stay at DVC resorts, then what's the difference between a DVC resort and a regular Deluxe resort? :confused:

sbkline

How about a futuristic, space-themed resort? Or medieval castle/town.

I thought about the medieval theme, also. But I wondered how good of an idea that would be. I suppose they could have the hotel buildings to look on the outside like medeival cottages and have the main building (check in, concierge, gift shop, etc) to look like the Lord's Manor house or something.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

So, if DVC members can stay at regular resorts using their DVC points, and non DVC guests can stay at DVC resorts, then what's the difference between a DVC resort and a regular Deluxe resort? :confused:
DVC members can use their points towards standard rooms at non DVC resorts but the point to dollar value at the regular resorts do not make it cost effective to do so.

The resort I would love to see built would be a Japanese themed resort with the rooms broken down to look like traditional Japanese houses. Like this one at the Morikami Museum in Delray Fl.

WDWFigment

Another difference is that DVC members have first shot at the rooms (and within the DVC, members have first shot at their home resort), so during peak seasons, you probably aren't going to have a shot at the DVC resorts if you're not a member.

go3epcot

I would love to see something with a Middle Eastern theme with Alladin as the "home" character; if Disney could hold true to much of the native culture it might be a great learning experience for us western cultures as well. Maybe too big of a dream there...

dave2822

As deluxe goes, I know there is an Asian-themed resort rumor that circulates every so often that sounds like it could be a great hotel concept.

As far as moderate goes, though I have no thoughts on theme, I think that it shouldn't be a carbon copy of CBR or CS. Can a moderate resort be fully enclosed or does that feature automatically bump it up to deluxe? Can't we have a happy medium?

And for value resorts, I'd like to see them finish what they've started before going on to something else (ahem .. POP .. :lookaroun )

But though it's fun to think about and dream up ideas, I don't think anyone should look forward to another resort in the near future, as WDW has plenty to meet demand right now

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom