What type of new resort would you like?

bassman

i think an egyptian themed hotel.

it would be awesome to have restaurants themed after egyptian pharoes (sp?).
the lobby could be designed like a great hall in a temple,with gold everywhere and huge stone columns towering high above you.

just an idea

sbkline

As far as a Middle Eastern themed resort, rightly or wrongly, I just don't see that as being a possibility given the current political landscape. Disney re-named, and to some degree, rethemed Dixie Landings due to a few crybabies who thought it was "racist". How much more flack would they encounter if they were to make a resort based on the Middle East?

sbkline

An Egyptian themed resort may be pretty cool. I'm picturing the feature pool being right by a sphinx or pyramid. Of course, maybe the reason it's so easy to picture is because I am copycating the idea from Coronado Springs. :ROFLOL:

But it still sounds like a cool idea.

beachclubbasics

DVC members can use their points towards standard rooms at non DVC resorts but the point to dollar value at the regular resorts do not make it cost effective to do so.

The resort I would love to see built would be a Japanese themed resort with the rooms broken down to look like traditional Japanese houses. Like this one at the Morikami Museum in Delray Fl.

I totally agree! A traditional Japanese ryokan with shoji and tatami and futon would be awesome!

beachclubbasics

I would like to see an "under the sea" style resort. One that brought back hyrdrolaters, and aquarium dining. Pools would be lavishly themed with Massive ships and caverns. The inside of the resort could be atlantis looking with a huge single skylight at the top of the lobby resembling the sun way above the surface. This is just something that I think would be very unique (although Atlantis in the Bahamas exists) and appealing to many guests.

I like that idea too..especially if Ariel is part of it!

BeanSz

I think they should look to some of the other Disney Parks hotels for inspiration. When I look at the other parks, there are some very cool looking hotels, especially the Tokyo park. What about a deluxe level resort with retro feel with a theme around animation? I am not talking like ASMo or Pop --- something with really cool animation effects. Could have new signature restaurant designed similar to "Artist Palette (sp?)" on the Disney Cruise ships.

disneydudette

I do love the idea of an "atlantis" style resort. I wouldn't mind a new resort with an amazing pool complex like SAB or even better, create a "Discovery cove" experience for guests. I think it would pretty neat to look out my balcony and see dolphins swimming in the pools below. I think it would be nice to incorporate both family suites, and maybe even "cottages" (as seen at Vero beach) into the new resort as well.

I think Disney has done a really nice job covering "all bases" when it comes to resort themes. There really is something for everyone!

Other interesting ideas would be a more "hollywood" feeling hotel (as in Beverly Hills hotel or like Paradise Pier at DL) I know Disney world is really cautious about high rises, but I think it could have some potential. I wouldn't mind a resort that makes me feel like a superstar (rather then a princess lol). I guess this would be along the lines of the Hard Rock Hotel... but I wish they could but this up by DTD. Would neat to look out and see all the neon lights and what not from a high balcony. Plus, some rooms would have distant views of the parks.

goofntink

We have said for years that we would like to see a value resort built within the MK border just before or after you pass the MK parking booths.

LaughingGravy

I really just want them to finish the POP early years.
Pop is a really great place, and our first choice for when we next go back due to the really incredible value that it was with a nice layout that was also all around fun.

Has anyone seen concept art for the early years?
We have the Big Wheel, Juke Box, etc., for the large icons, but what were they going to do for the early years?
A link or pics would be appreciated if anyone knows.

LoriMistress

How about an old 1930-1940's style Hollywood glam hotel (like the ToT before the accident.) I think that would be a great experience for all.

Stitch69

how about a 1930 circus theme, Asian Theme, oe a castle theme. Everyone wants to stay in the castle- why don't they build a beauty & the beast castle as a resort?

disneydudette

I really just want them to finish the POP early years.
Pop is a really great place, and our first choice for when we next go back due to the really incredible value that it was with a nice layout that was also all around fun.

Has anyone seen concept art for the early years?
We have the Big Wheel, Juke Box, etc., for the large icons, but what were they going to do for the early years?
A link or pics would be appreciated if anyone knows.

From wikipedia:
Initially the completed resort was to have an additional 2,880 rooms on the "Legendary" side, configured identically to the "Classic" side. However, as of April 10, 2006, the MousePlanet website has confirmed that these rooms will instead be configured as family suites, identical to those now available at Disney's All-Star Music Resort, with a separate master bedroom, two bathrooms and a small kitchenette. But as of summer 2007, there is no new movement towards finishing the resort.

A few of the pop icons to represent these decades have already been revealed by the shape of the swimming pools in the design plans. The pool in the 1940s section is to be shaped like a highway sign, suggesting a "Route 66" motif. The pool in the 1930s will resemble a soda bottle, and the 1910s pool forms the outline of a crossword puzzle.

I also have heard theming along the lines of lifesavers and monopoly. Marni has a sketch of the actual completed resort that can be found in his photo album:

Hammer1310

How about an old 1930-1940's style Hollywood glam hotel (like the ToT before the accident.) I think that would be a great experience for all.

I would LOVE to see something like this, or keep the haunted theming. That was actually the rumor we heard from a monorail driver years ago, that they were building a Haunted Hotel. Being that my group was comprised of haunted house employees we were pretty excited. As it turns out I think the driver had heard of the plans for ToT and was confused.

wdwmomof3

Well, I really don't know because anything that they could come up with would be great. I did ask my daughter and she thought that a jungle theme would be neat. I do like the idea of a Hollywood theme resort close to MGM.

disneypirate

i think a pirates of the caribbean hotle is a good idea!
they could have a singapore section and a port royal section and tortga.
i think that place would be booked.

GoofyDadKB

Missing my mind...
Premium Member
More Ideas

Some more ideas I had during work today:

• Native American Theme
  • A resort called “The Magic Kingdom Resort” (each section of the resort could be themed after the different lands in the Magic Kingdom).
  • American History Theme
  • A resort called “The World” (each section of the resort could be themed after a different continent and the cultures on it).
  • The 7 Seas Resort

Just some more thoughts I had. What do you think?

JimboJones123

How about an actual DISNEY THEMED RESORT. I remember in Disney War, Eisner wanted to build a hotel in the shape of MIKCEY MOUSE. That would be GREAT. If you haven't seen the Longerburger Basket Building, you can't tell me it isn't possible. How about the "Mickey Mouse Club" resort? All Mickeyfied. There are already enough resorts trying to make you forget your are in WDW, how about one that endorses it?

I also like the idea of a Japan/France, but do like the Grand Californian and put it IN EPCOT. With it's own exclusive entrance and build it off the back. Don't know if there is room, but it could be SWEET. Do they still have the Japanese rooms at the DLHotel in Cali? Those were cool.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
What do you guys think of an adults only (18+) hotel? That would be good for honeymooners, people without children, or people getting away from their kids.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom