What type of cars do all are members drive?

Invero

UGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

So... I get in my Jetta today after work, and roll down the windows to let it air out... (Black leather and Florida sun... not fun... lol) So, it's cooled off a bit, and the A/C is cold, so I go to put them back up... and the drivers side goes halfway up, and then CLUNK... all the way back down. My window regulator died! :( :( :(

So, I immediatly went to my Volkswagen dealership, fearing a $300 bill... Without saying more than "Window Regulator", I was told that Volkswagen would not only replace the faulty drivers side, but also the passengers side with a newly designed regulator... AND... in addition, they gave me a free loaner car.

(By the way... my car has 42k on it, and long expired warranty)

So... despite not having my baby, and having to deal with a cheap POS Focus... I'm happy at the customer service Volkswagen has. They know how to take care of thier customers. :)

jeffs10

Original Poster
Originally posted by Fantasia Boi

So, I immediatly went to my Volkswagen dealership, fearing a $300 bill... Without saying more than "Window Regulator", I was told that Volkswagen would not only replace the faulty drivers side, but also the passengers side with a newly designed regulator... AND... in addition, they gave me a free loaner car.

(By the way... my car has 42k on it, and long expired warranty)

That is good service.

ThWhen our potiac check engine light came one at 42k ( we purchased the extended warrenty untill 80k)

When we get there we find out there is a $100 deductable and no loaner. Then the next day they call us and said the cpu just need to be resest. We still had to pay the 100 and without a car for 2 days.

Thats the only complaint i have had about my gm cars there service sucks.

jeff

GaryT977

So... I get in my Jetta today after work, and roll down the windows to let it air out... (Black leather and Florida sun... not fun... lol) So, it's cooled off a bit, and the A/C is cold, so I go to put them back up... and the drivers side goes halfway up, and then CLUNK... all the way back down. My window regulator died! :( :( :(

The windows on my 2000 GTI broke five times in two years! (I drive with my windows down even in the summertime unless it's raining. Not quite sure why...) My dealer finally told me it was a design flaw, so I asked if the same flaw was in the Passats. They told me it was just the Jetta's and GTI's. So, I got the Passat!

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by jeffs10

That is good service.

ThWhen our potiac check engine light came one at 42k ( we purchased the extended warrenty untill 80k)

When we get there we find out there is a $100 deductable and no loaner. Then the next day they call us and said the cpu just need to be resest. We still had to pay the 100 and without a car for 2 days.

Thats the only complaint i have had about my gm cars there service sucks.

jeff

That is really good service!

Don't even get me started on dealing w/ Ford - my last car was a '96 Probe, and even trying to get her serviced was a huge slice of H*LL!

Invero

Originally posted by GaryT977

The windows on my 2000 GTI broke five times in two years! (I drive with my windows down even in the summertime unless it's raining. Not quite sure why...) My dealer finally told me it was a design flaw, so I asked if the same flaw was in the Passats. They told me it was just the Jetta's and GTI's. So, I got the Passat!

VW has FINALLY admitted the regulator was of faulty design, and has replaced the plastic part with a metal part. Now, I wonder if I could get my original $300 back that I spent on the original replacement?

WDWFREAK53

VW has FINALLY admitted the regulator was of faulty design, and has replaced the plastic part with a metal part. Now, I wonder if I could get my original $300 back that I spent on the original replacement?

I had a 98 VW New Beetle and it was a lemon (and...by coincidence it was bright freakin' yellow :) ) I had my engine rebuilt 3 times, the headlights kept blowing...it was a HORRIBLY designed car...although, very fun to drive :)

(I've decided to stick with GM...until I go to my Bimmer)

GRUD

Personal Experience

Speaking from Personal Experience with the ARMY version of the Hummer/Humvee, I do NOT see the appeal in the civilian version. In the Military version, you are basically setting with the engine in between the front passengers, so it makes for a VERY noisy ride! You can NOT have a "normal" conversation in one, you MUST Yell to be heard! The rear passengers usually have to lean forward to hear or speak to the passengers in the front seats. :hammer:

I could be wrong, and I would NOT be surprised if I am, but I find it VERY hard to believe that they have managed to insulate the engine compartment so well in the civilian model that you no longer have to yell to ask the driver to find the nearest gas station for a potty break!! :lol:

I'll go ahead and nag about the seats also, since the Military ones are nothing more than canvas wrapped around about 2 inches of foam padding. It makes for a VERY Uncomfortable ride if
you're going very far, but I'm sure the seats in the civilian version are MUCH nicer, probably leather bucket seats, or at least regular cloth bucket seats.

I wouldn't have one if someone GAVE it to me, except long enough to sell, so I could buy me a REAL car or SUV. Again, I just don't see the appeal of them. :veryconfu

(19 Years of Service in the MO Army National Guard, effective 13 Oct., 2002! One more year before Retirement!!! :sohappy: :sohappy: )

tenchu

Re: Personal Experience

Originally posted by GRUD
Speaking from Personal Experience with the ARMY version of the Hummer/Humvee, I do NOT see the appeal in the civilian version. In the Military version, you are basically setting with the engine in between the front passengers, so it makes for a VERY noisy ride! You can NOT have a "normal" conversation in one, you MUST Yell to be heard! The rear passengers usually have to lean forward to hear or speak to the passengers in the front seats. :hammer:

I could be wrong, and I would NOT be surprised if I am, but I find it VERY hard to believe that they have managed to insulate the engine compartment so well in the civilian model that you no longer have to yell to ask the driver to find the nearest gas station for a potty break!! :lol:

Not having to speak to my passengers would suit me just fine!

WDWFREAK53

The new version isn't really built the same way...The new one, I believe, is built off of the Tahoe/Yukon frame...

(It's about the same length...and it has bench seats (so there is NO WAY that the transmission casing would run between you...unless...you were in fact WAY UP on top of it.)

GaryT977

I'm surprised they charged you! I didn't get charged for any of the five replacements. The last one was out of warranty, which is why I decided to get out of the car.

Have you tried writing to VW America?

Invero

Originally posted by GaryT977

I'm surprised they charged you! I didn't get charged for any of the five replacements. The last one was out of warranty, which is why I decided to get out of the car.

Have you tried writing to VW America?

I was shocked too, and I argued with the dealership. But they refused to budge. They also refused to budge on the O2 sensor (the other common problem with the Jetta) Thankfully, the problem with that fixed itself. (Strange, huh?)

I am going to contact VWoA and see what gives...

When I bought my car, my dealership in NH was AMAZING... they truely were the reason I bought a VW. They went above and beyond, and just were so great. When I moved down to FL, I went to a dealership down here, and they were complete MORONS. Rude idiots that didn't know the difference between a Jetta and a Golf/GTI. *shrug* They just built a brand new place, got new staffing, and ever since they moved to the new dealership area, they've been amazing to me. *shrug*

GaryT977

I'm on my 3rd VW from my dealer down here. They've been awesome on every car. I even got some money from them for recommending them to some friends of mine.

I bet if you write to VWoA they'll do something for you.

Invero

Probably... I do have to say, though... aside from the slight dealership problem with that one location... and the window regulator... I love my car, and I love the service I get from them... I remember, the dealership I bought from... when I'd bring it in for the 5k, 10k, and 20k... they'd wash, wax, and detail my car... and then they had this area outside the showroom/waiting room, and they'd park the car outside, just like they would a car they were showing off... and people walking in would be walking by, commenting on what a nice car... and then I'd get in and drive home... lol :)

OOH OOH... they just called, my car is ready :)

GaryT977

I agree. I love my VW. I don't know what it is about them, but they seem to engender an emotional repsonse when driven.

I used to have a traveling job doing computer installation and training at motorcycle shops. I drove a zillion different kinds of rental cars, and I always looked forward to getting back into my VW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom