What type of cars do all are members drive?

jeffs10

Original Poster
Originally posted by mktiggerman

aside from Jeeps, I refuse to buy american (strong words from someone with connections to Detroit... ack!)

Jeep makes great vehicles. Why dont you like chevy,ford etc?

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by jeffs10
Why dont you like chevy,ford etc?

The only 4 american cars I like are...

1-Ford F150
2-Corvette (duh! that's a no-brainer)
3-Pontiac VIbe (which is actually made by Toyota!)
4-Saturn VUE (just the looks.. I can still live without it

otherwise, I cannot stand american cars..

Invero

Originally posted by mktiggerman
I cannot stand american cars..

In some respects, I tend to agree...

I don't know why... but to me, most domestic cars produced by the big three seem as "cheap" in quality to me. They're designed to be American cars. 15 cup holders, large ugly radio that has poor sound quality, and cheap accessory components.

Now, I'm not saying all domestic cars are crap... My father had an '84 Ford Bronco II that lasted him 15 years and 210,000 miles... that thing was reliable, and never had any problems. Of course, the windows took lots of muscle to roll up, the sunroof leaked, the paint was practically gone on the roof and hood, the front seat broke, so you had to prop it up by folding down the back seat... but... it served its purpose.

But... suffice to say... I can't remember the last time I actually stepped foot into a domestic automobile, and thought to myself, "Wow... this is actually kinda nice..."

Japanese cars are most definetly a few steps ahead of American cars in terms of quality, and reliability. There are a few Japanese cars that I would actually consider checking out in further detail... however, the last time I did such, I was very dissapointed in the quality of materials used. Don't get me wrong, they were nice... but not as nice as they could be. Loud power windows, doors clank when they shut, cheap rubber and plastic materials, and whatnot.
(By the way... when I talk about domestic versus foriegn, I mean the company... not where it was assembled. Toyota, BMW, as well as many other companies have proved that American built foriegn cars are just as good as those built overseas)

My tops goes to European cars. European cars are typically designed to be true drivers cars. Everything is where it should be. I've found that quality of materials used tends to be a grade higher... Dash materials, firm and comfortable seats, doors and trunk make a nice luxurious thunk... even the engine compartment just looks nicer. Granted... the cupholders leave something to be desired, but that's because Europeans dont use cupholders... so they're usually an American Add-on afterthought.

Of course... this is all strictly my opinion based on my own personal observations... :)

garyhoov

Trophy Husband

What bike is that ? It looks nice. is it a buell?

Yep, that's the Buell XB9S lightning. I rode a V-Rod once, and it was fun, but it was too heavy and long for my tastes. I had to slow way down to go around corners. It is a great bike though! (I know some people who helped design it so I would feel guilty saying anything else, but it is very cool)

jeffs10

Original Poster
Originally posted by garyhoov

Yep, that's the Buell XB9S lightning. I rode a V-Rod once, and it was fun, but it was too heavy and long for my tastes. I had to slow way down to go around corners. It is a great bike though! (I know some people who helped design it so I would feel guilty saying anything else, but it is very cool)

I owed a 1981 kz650 once and the problem was it was 2 fast for me. well i wanted to drive really fast on it so i had to get rid of it quick before i crashed. The person I bought it from did tons of mods to it. It sounded like a Street bike(the baffel was cut off) thats why i want a heavy bike to cruise in. and not have the need for speed.

garyhoov

Trophy Husband

I owed a 1981 kz650 once and the problem was it was 2 fast for me. well i wanted to drive really fast on it so i had to get rid of it quick before i crashed. The person I bought it from did tons of mods to it. It sounded like a Street bike(the baffel was cut off) thats why i want a heavy bike to cruise in. and not have the need for speed.

I know exactly what you mean. I can't even imagine what kind of damage I would do to myself on a Hayabusa. I grew up in Pittsburgh, and I've always loved the twisties. I'm a lot more controlled now than I used to be, but speed is still my vice. I don't smoke, drink too much or fool around, but I love to be able to whack the throttle open every once in a while.

GRUD

I LOVE my SL!!!

I drive a Dark Green, '98 Saturn SL, and I LOVE IT!!! Although . . . I MUST admit I LOVE the idea of going from 0-100 in 6.5!!! :) :sohappy: I couldn't even BEGIN to afford the insurance on a Viper though! :lol:

DMC-12 - WHY get a Delorean? :hurl: :)lol:- J/K!) What you REALLY want is a '53 Mercedes with gullwing doors!! That is MY Dream Car!! I THINK it's a model 350 SL, but I can't really remember. :veryconfu

I'm not really into expensive/flashy cars, but that IS the one VERY EXPENSIVE car I WOULD want to own! Anyone have about $250 Grand they can GIVE me, so I can buy one? :lol:
Jeffs10 - I'm not into motorcycles, but that 1 you posted the pic of looks Very Nice. What kind is it? My dad used to own some sort of BMW touring bike, years & years ago, but had to sell it after he hurt his back, because he couldn't even drive it the 3 miles we lived from where he worked, without his back hurting him. :(

CDS Disney - Why do you say that about Saturns? I always heard they were good cars? Of course, I haven't crashed MINE yet, and I DON'T plan on doing it! :lol:

cymbaldiva

I personally drive a 2000 Honda Civic - her name is C.C., and she is paid for, BTW! :animwink:

I didn't think too much about my dream car until I saw an earlier post...Words do not express how much I NEED to have a Delorean! Hottest ride ever! :D

As for bikes, my ex b/f had a '97 Harley Davidson Road King - D*** I loved that bike...I almost miss it more than I miss him! :lol:

CalDisney

I drive a 1988 Toyota Tercel
Not my Dream car
I would love to have a 1917 Mercer runabout
Great Car It`s body is all yellow with Black pinstripes
Heres a Pic of one of my Cars from the past
a 1970 Mercury Cougar XR-7
okay:( I guess I have that pic up in here so Heres another Car I would love to have
Pic was taken at the Grand Californian
she`s a 1932 cadillac

Attachments

• caddymitch.jpg
    caddymitch.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 102

tenchu

Originally posted by Fantasia Boi

My tops goes to European cars. European cars are typically designed to be true drivers cars. Everything is where it should be. I've found that quality of materials used tends to be a grade higher... Dash materials, firm and comfortable seats, doors and trunk make a nice luxurious thunk... even the engine compartment just looks nicer. Granted... the cupholders leave something to be desired, but that's because Europeans dont use cupholders... so they're usually an American Add-on afterthought.

Of course... this is all strictly my opinion based on my own personal observations... :)

Thats because you only get to see the good european cars over in america.

It's a very different matter over here! :lol:

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Originally posted by tenchu

Thats because you only get to see the good european cars over in america.

It's a very different matter over here! :lol:

I don't think this would sell nearly as well in the U.S. as it seems to in Europe:

tenchu

Ooops

I dunno how well it really does sell over here.

I've only ever seen a couple about.

Well, would you really want to be doing 70 along a motorway with a truck potentially only about 10 inches behind you?

I think it's just more of a gimmic.

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Originally posted by tenchu

I dunno how well it really does sell over here.

I've only ever seen a couple about.

Well, would you really want to be doing 70 along a motorway with a truck potentially only about 10 inches behind you?

I think it's just more of a gimmic.

I've seen a lot in Italy, but they may not be as popular in Great Britain.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Id never buy a Fiat, saw the aftermath oftoo many accidents when I lived there. They dont exactly stand up to a prang.

loved my Opel Manta, 2.0ltr SR ideal autobahn cruiser, my little jeep was ideal when i lived in Sardinia, but its a sad day when a man has to admit hes finally an old duffer and buy a sensible (no use for bondoo bashing) car to fit wife and kids in. As for bikes ive been a frustrated biker since 16 but an anti bike Dad (He had a bit of a doo on one) followed by a stroppy wife have curtailed that. Im not into speed but ive always wanted a Harley Wideboy so when the kids havew left the nest its my little treat ( just dont tell her indoors:)

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I don't think this would sell nearly as well in the U.S. as it seems to in Europe:

I swear to you, I saw one of those in Celebration a few months back

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom